U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:23 PM

30,075 posts, read 16,614,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Does this take into account suicides?
No. From the FBI files:
Quote:
Definition

The FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program defines murder and nonnegligent manslaughter as the willful (nonnegligent) killing of one human being by another. The classification of this offense is based solely on police investigation as opposed to the determination of a court, medical examiner, coroner, jury, or other judicial body. The UCR Program does not include the following situations in this offense classification: deaths caused by negligence, suicide, or accident; justifiable homicides; and attempts to murder or assaults to murder, which are classified as aggravated assaults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:26 PM

18,594 posts, read 9,133,392 times
Why should SUICIDES count as violent crime HOMICIDES? Very few people commit suicide with rifles anyway. Duh. Nice try Lib nutjobs.

Old Today, 03:26 PM

35,729 posts, read 32,470,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its just a guess, but it could be a firearm the type of which wasn't specified in the report. So pistol, rifle, shotgun, only the triggerman and cadaver knows.
Probably home made like a zip gun.

Old Today, 03:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 22,887,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Here is the homicide table from the FBI website:
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...a-table-11.xls
What types of guns are in the "Other Guns" category, if it's not a Handgun, Rifle or Shotgun? THAT catagory is FIVE TIMES the number killed by Rifles and Shotguns COMBINED (and half as many a hand guns).
Can you tell me what kind of gun fits that category? Is that a Machine Gun or Assault Rifle. What is it?

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...a-table-11.xls

Ken

Old Today, 03:29 PM

4,853 posts, read 1,275,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Why not just give us the FBI link then? Breitbart's not getting web hits from me.

Thanks Frank DeForrest.

I wonder what they mean by "Other guns or type not stated"? That stat is almost half the total of the handguns.
Since 403 is roughly 3.7% of the 10,982 firearms homicides then would you be amenable 3.7% of the 3,283 "other firearm type"? This brings the total to 524 committed with a rifle. Still less than hands, fists, feet, etc. at 692. And far less than knives at 1,591.

Old Today, 03:33 PM

25,197 posts, read 9,825,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Since 403 is roughly 3.7% of the 10,982 firearms homicides then would you be amenable 3.7% of the 3,283 "other firearm type"? This brings the total to 524 committed with a rifle. Still less than hands, fists, feet, etc. at 692. And far less than knives at 1,591.
Ban fists!

Old Today, 03:34 PM

39,727 posts, read 41,086,540 times
Quote:
Breitbart is a propaganda house. Why would I believe them about anything?

Makes sense to me, most people that are shot and killed are shot with handguns.

Old Today, 03:35 PM

30,075 posts, read 16,614,198 times
I regard the stats as irrelevant. My right to self defense and property ownership isn't contingent on the actions or behavior of others.

Old Today, 03:35 PM

4,853 posts, read 1,275,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ban fists!
Yes! Thou shalt not make thy fist into an instrument of death!

Old Today, 03:36 PM

39,727 posts, read 41,086,540 times
Quote:
I wonder what they mean by "Other guns or type not stated"? That stat is almost half the total of the handguns.

Probably was not listed on the report. Ask yourself this, how many times in the news other these mass shooters is rifle listed as the weapon used?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies