U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 10:52 PM

5,093 posts, read 1,003,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
The Clinton's destroyed the Democratic Party, most Democrats don't realize that.
Then who destroyed the Republican Party? The Trumps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 10:58 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,195,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Some Democrats didn’t like Hillary or Trump. They voted for other candidates. What gives you the right to blame them for Hillary not being the candidate they wanted? I didn’t vote for Hillary because I didn’t want to see her become President. Nor did I vote for Trump, because I didn’t want him for President. I didn’t vote for Stein or Sanders because I didn’t want them for President. In your mind, if I didn’t vote for Trump was I required to vote for his major party opponent? Does the fact that I voted for Johnson mean I helped elect Trump? Because I can assure you that electing Trump was the last thing I wanted to do.

America is a constitutional republic, not a banana republic. We aren’t required to vote for anyone, but our right to cast our vote however we want to is protected.

ETA. Hillary is center right? In what universe?
That's a legitimate position to take if you don't have a preference for a political party, or weigh ideology over pragmatism. My issue is with people on the far left that complain about Trump day in and day out, but also complain that Hillary wasn't far left enough for them, so they didn't vote. If you really hate Trump that much, surely you would prefer an imperfect candidate over his presidency.

I didn't think Hillary was the perfect candidate, but I pretty much despise Trump and his administration, so I voted for Hillary.

Also, if electing Trump was the last thing you wanted to see, why didn't you vote? That's not really a rational decision in my eyes.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:19 PM

7,219 posts, read 7,864,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
That's a legitimate position to take if you don't have a preference for a political party, or weigh ideology over pragmatism. My issue is with people on the far left that complain about Trump day in and day out, but also complain that Hillary wasn't far left enough for them, so they didn't vote. If you really hate Trump that much, surely you would prefer an imperfect candidate over his presidency.

I didn't think Hillary was the perfect candidate, but I pretty much despise Trump and his administration, so I voted for Hillary.

Also, if electing Trump was the last thing you wanted to see, why didn't you vote? That's not really a rational decision in my eyes.
I did vote. For Johnson. Said that.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:48 AM

27,064 posts, read 11,366,097 times
Quote:
The Obama administration literally saved the American economy from the brink,
hahahahahahaha Is that why food stamp usage was 50% higher than before the crash when he left 8 years later?

Quote:
and his election ensured that Republicans couldn't impose austerity after Bush left office, the kind is responsible for high unemployment in Europe to this day.
hahahaha Europe didn't practice austerity and you have no proof. Some idiot who was wrong about the economy tell you that?

btw Not many Republicans care about austerity and never have.

Quote:
"But, what the AIG executives." Who cares? Yes, Obama was too cozy with Wall Street, but it's easy to nitpick his mistakes 12 years on, when we're not in imminent danger of going into a depression
The danger was having the progressive government get involved in the economy. They were the ones who ruined it.

Quote:
I also don't fault Obama for not getting a public option, there was not enough votes in the senate. Including the public option risked no ACA at all, which would have been far worse than the post-ACA status-quo.
Obamacare is an expensive disgrace

Quote:
I really dislike the so called "woke" progressives that think it's trendy nowadays to trash any Democrat right of AOC. Yes, Obama's term in office wasn't perfect, but we would've been far worse off with a Republican in office.
Why Because you said so? lol You don't even know what austerity is.

Quote:
And yes, the ACA wasn't universal healthcare, but it helped millions of people with pre-existing conditions get insurance. I still consider that a victory.
At what cost? Maybe government can bail me out when I make a bad decision?

Old 08-15-2019, 03:14 AM

18,712 posts, read 9,164,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Delusional...
Very. There is nobody in the Republican Party that wants Biblical rule. Nobody. He's just brainwashed.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:38 AM

12,928 posts, read 10,090,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You really need to look into starting a GoFundMe to cover your moving expenses and get out of Oklahoma. Nobody is going to take us back to theological rule. Most Republicans arenít even religious enough to go to church.

So youíll vote for the party that disdains the Constitution and has been trying to end run it for decades?
The religiosity of politics serves one and only one purpose. It is using the gullibility (I wish I had a word that was not so diminutive but can't think of one) of the under educated to control them. To attain and retain POWER. Period.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:45 AM

11,073 posts, read 11,008,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Two and a half years of Trump, the economy has improved.
He inherited a great economy which he is now single handedly wrecking with the help of Peter Navarro.

In used to vote gop until 2016

Old 08-15-2019, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Very. There is nobody in the Republican Party that wants Biblical rule. Nobody. He's just brainwashed.
Lol....right. Strong Kool aid today at pilot1s house

Old 08-15-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Then who destroyed the Republican Party? The Trumps?
Pretty much. As a non white top income earner, Trump has completely turned me off the white nationalist party (formerly known as the gop)

Old 08-15-2019, 03:48 AM

18,712 posts, read 9,164,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Lol....right. Strong Kool aid today at pilot1s house
Name one Republican politician calling for "Biblical Rule". I can name a lot of Democrats who hate the Constitution. Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, Warren, Bernie, AOC, Beto, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or