Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 07:56 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

times were so naïve in my day: people stayed married, had children within marriage, and had sex when they were in love. dumb values....right?
These are not dumb values, but they also arent true to the real world.

Some people have sex for love, but a large chunk have always had sex because it feels good. Children born outside of marriage arent new. Last but not least, marriage. There was a time were people cheated openly, so arguing that people used to stay married isnt something to brag about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 08:38 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yeah, we were discussing 11 year olds. You got data that any states in the union allowed children under 11 to get married more recently? I'm here for it. That only helps prove my point.
Yeah, it is right there in my post, Tennessee allowed 10 and 11 year old kids to get married, less than 10 years ago. 2001, I believe. It's right there.

This was not in the 1800s or 100 years ago. This was recently.

Anyways, I'm at the point with the crap I hear out of Hollywood, that I kinda feel like exposing kids to celebrity culture, trying to get your kid into an acting career, letting them anywhere near the big moguls of the entertainment industry, is freaking tantamount to child abuse. As many actors who have spoken out about what they endured as "child stars" and how their lives ended up going... I don't care how famous or rich they could ultimately become there isn't a chance in hell I would have let either of my sons anywhere near any of it.

Who cares about the content of a funny movie when the reality is so much worse?

Old 08-16-2019, 10:10 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Big Yawn, like all middle school kids are perfect angels who go home and watch Mr. Rogers. I suppose if they were target shooting in the back yard with toy guns that looked like assault weapons, that would be so much better, just good clean fun.
No, no, not toy guns. Real guns. Because, ‘Murica.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:36 AM

108 posts, read 42,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
As the war on children continues in this country, a new sick chapter is added as an upcoming Universal film portrays them playing with sex toys and saying they smell like ****. Yet another example of what the agenda is for our children today. Really sick stuff.

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/st...67917035069440
This is who is behind making the film...Not surprised at all.

https://www.jta.org/2019/08/14/cultu...1-12801-344383

Old 08-16-2019, 02:18 PM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
I bet most of the "adults " and the writers, who think this is funny, don't have young kids.

Last edited by ben young; 08-16-2019 at 02:32 PM..

Old 08-16-2019, 02:30 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Kids springs immediately to mind from the not so distant past. Showed lots of "underage" drug use and sexual activity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_(film)

We have no problem accepting portrayals of violence as a society, but our puritanical views on sex need to evolve already. Sheesh!
"Kids" was supposed to be shocking and disturbing. Sadly two of the actors have died, one from suicide and one from a drug overdose. They were not really actors, they were skaters, living close to the edge like in the movie.

There was another movie, "Thirteen" which was also quite disturbing, but I think the actors were quite a bit older than their young teen characters.

This movie is a comedy and it depends on how the material is handled, as long as it is not done just for raunch, let's show nasty pervy kids, hahahaha. If it has an actual story among the trashy action and the kids seem have at least some innocence it may be ok. But you never know, as comedy has gone to hell lately, with pure gross out or "awkward" humor and not much behind it.

A lot of modern parents talk to their kids like adult peers, even including personal sexual and emotional stuff, so they would probably be ok with that in a movie.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:35 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
"Kids" was supposed to be shocking and disturbing. Sadly two of the actors have died, one from suicide and one from a drug overdose. They were not really actors, they were skaters, living close to the edge like in the movie.

There was another movie, "Thirteen" which was also quite disturbing, but I think the actors were quite a bit older than their young teen characters.

This movie is a comedy and it depends on how the material is handled, as long as it is not done just for raunch, let's show nasty pervy kids, hahahaha. If it has an actual story among the trashy action and the kids seem have at least some innocence it may be ok. But you never know, as comedy has gone to hell lately, with pure gross out or "awkward" humor and not much behind it.

A lot of modern parents talk to their kids like adult peers, even including personal sexual and emotional stuff, so they would probably be ok with that in a movie.
One of the funnier parts of the trailer is that you can't kiss anyone without their full consent, even a CPR dummy. Definitely a far cry from "Porky's" and the similar movies that came out when I was a kid.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:14 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
The comedy is supposed to come from the fact the kids are pretty naive and innocent, and their utter bewilderment when being presented with all these adult things is played for laughs. In the scene with the sex toys it’s obvious the kids have no idea what they are. Even the one kid with the potty mouth is clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies