U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM

219 posts, read 23,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you dismiss the rest of my post, why should I answer your questions? Explain why I should.

Something else. I grew up in the Atlanta area in the 1990s to 2000s. I never lived near the inner city. I was out in the suburbs and exurbs. The high school and middle school I went to were next to horse pastures. I don't know the inner city like you do. What I know about the inner city comes from what I've read and studied as a student. And what my father has told me, as he grew up in inner city Milwaukee. According to him, when the middle class, best and brightest of the Black population left, things got really bad in his neighborhood. Since I've never lived in the inner city, and would never want to, what I know comes from what I study. I don't know the ghetto the way you do. For that reason, I don't know why you're asking me the questions.

And something else. Turnabout is fair play. If you think I wouldn't' be able to have a fair assessment of crime in the Black population, then I could easily say you would not have a fair assessment in terms of racism Black people have had to deal with from the day they got here. I could, but I'll save my final decision for when you prove me right or wrong.

And something else. Funny you mention the KKK. I dealt with quite a bit of racism and bullying from many kids. A few kids threatened to hang me a few times. I got jumped in school a few times.
I have no problem saying Black people suffered due to White people enslaving them and Jim Crow. Even today Black people face racism, but it's not the kind of racism that is holding you back. It's on a individual by individual basis, not the systematic kind of racism anymore.

There is now systematic racism against White people benefiting Black people known as AA. On its surface it's trying to fix an injustice with more injustice. I can go to the same school with a Black kid, get the same grades, do the same things but he will get into better schools and get more scholarships.

Anyways, even that doesn't seem to be making a dent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

8 posts, read 1,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/news/philad...MJqrwM1KqWF5yU

Very sickening story. This is the liberal, BLM, anti-police atmosphere that the liberal media promotes like with their biased coverage of the Ferguson and Baton Rouge cases, fanning the flames of hatred against police before the true facts of each case isn't even revealed in court yet.

This is the culture that gave rise to Elijah Cummings, Maxine Waters and Cory Booker and even Obama himself.
The Blaze is such a bastion Journalistic integrity.

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM

723 posts, read 126,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I read the rest of your post and I dismissed it. You were implying these problems were due to poverty and starting from 0 which I countered with my immigrant example.

Not important, you're Black, so it will be hard for you to naturally and humbly analyze these things.

Oh, you never lived in a predominantly Black inner city area? Because I have. I grew up and went to school in Detroit in the 70s/early 80s as my neighborhood transformed into a majority Black area. Now it's exclusively Black. You wouldn't want to live there. You would be better off in a KKK neighborhood in the South than there.

Again, it all comes down to skills. This time, lack of analytical skills which immigrants have and blacks do not (from what you have just said). Wouldn't such a thing make it a much greater challenge just being black?

Otherwise, living in a predominately black neighborhood doesn't qualify on the census or anywhere else for actually being black, just as being black in a white neighborhood doesn't qualify that person as being white.

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

6,536 posts, read 3,646,290 times
You know when I first heard of this I immediately thought of an old song.

https://www.songfacts.com/lyrics/pap...t-chicago-died

The faces and weapons may have changed in all these decades but has criminal behavior?

My parents are no longer alive who would remember those days so I cannot ask them if there were mass shootings in public schools, churches, stores, etc., etc. by private armed citizens who were not members of gangs or drug dealers. They lived in NYC. I think I know the answer to that. There certainly wasn't when I was a child growing up.

We have heard a lot of gunfire lately. Semi rural area of PA. It is illegal to target practice on your own property in a residential neighborhood. It is not hunting season yet either. There are no public ranges nearby. No gangs.

Today was horrible. Almost all day long. I walked into the living room to hear my husband on the phone calling 911 to report all this gunfire. He owns guns himself, has a CCW, and is a REPUBLICAN. Maybe a lot of these law abiding gun owners aren't when it inconveniences them to obey the law.

Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM

48,786 posts, read 45,833,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnibus View Post
The Blaze is such a bastion Journalistic integrity.
I didn't catch that. I never read the article. At least now I know where the source comes from.

Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM

48,786 posts, read 45,833,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Many Mexicans who come to this country come with no foreseeable skills except work ethic. They don't make much for themselves but they don't shoot eachother over $5 and crack.
Mexicans choose to come here. And yes, I acknwoledge that many work very hard. There are also Mexicans (and other groups) who get involved in gangs. Look up MS-13. LaEme. Surenos. Nortenos. 18th Street Gang. You have both the good and the bad.

Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM

655 posts, read 227,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
YOu do realize why police are enforcing these drug laws in the first place...right? One hint, it has NOTHING to do protecting anyones health or safety...its about ensuring the US remains a hugely profitable marketplace for the drug cartels. (this can only happen with tough drug laws in place).

I never would have thought Id see the day when so many American citizens support law enforcement, enforcing laws that are UNCONSTITUTIONAL...Or, even worse, supporting laws that benefit foreign criminal organizations, seriously, WTH? LOL

Cartels would be out of business if our tough drug laws were not in place.

So would the Prison Industrial Complex.

Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I guess you guys don't care that this video comes from a completely different clash between the police and the public. It was not taken yesterday and had nothing to do with the cops being shot.

Consider the source, which end of the horse.

Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

5,302 posts, read 3,791,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Considering that drug laws are unconstitutional by design...it is police who are the criminals here imo.

!
You really certain that this is the hill you want to die on? POS has led a busy life:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...nylPAapYS3RtfY

Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yet you consider CNN MSNBC, NYT and WaPo credible. LOL!

Except, Glenn Blech is the only one who needs to apply Vicks Vaporub beneath his eyes in order to tear up on cue & dupe his faithful audience. LOL!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or