Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 07:42 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I have no problem saying Black people suffered due to White people enslaving them and Jim Crow. Even today Black people face racism, but it's not the kind of racism that is holding you back. It's on a individual by individual basis, not the systematic kind of racism anymore.

There is now systematic racism against White people benefiting Black people known as AA. On its surface it's trying to fix an injustice with more injustice. I can go to the same school with a Black kid, get the same grades, do the same things but he will get into better schools and get more scholarships.

Anyways, even that doesn't seem to be making a dent.
Maybe you do acknowlege that Black Americans have gone through the fire. Here is the thing. I know what I know regarding the inner city based on what I've read, what I watch educational shows like Gangland. And from what my father tells me about the inner city. I don't know the inner city from the perspective of someone who grew up in the inner city. I only know it from an outside looking in.

As for racism, it still exists. It isn't the Jim Crow racism that once was. Things aren't as they used to be. However, there are still issues like job discrimination. One thing I've noticed about alot of poor, predominantly black areas, at least that I've read about, is this: High levels of pollution. I don't know everything about the inner city. I do know that poor, predominantly Black areas tend to be located in some of the most environmentally unsound areas. As for violent behavior, this is all I can give you. Nothing to lose. Same reason people of any race are violent. Nothing to lose, deep anger issues, not caring if one lives or dies. The Black population just happens to have a higher proportion of its population in the underclass.

Something else. I acknowledge there is alot of crime coming from the underclass segment of the Black population. Ask anyone who as dealt with me on this forum. I've acknowledged it. A better question is this: What is up with the underclass?

Something else. How many members of the underclass even know those kids of scholarships exists? I had to ask myself this because of what my father told me. According to him, members of the underclass behave as they do because that's all they know, and that's what they're exposed to.

In closing, there is something you need to understand. I don't have any first hand answers as to why there are members of the Black underclass (underclass, not the rest of the Black population) are behaving so violently. I can give what I've researched, or what other people have told me. However, if you really want to know, ask a Black person who has actually lived in the inner city and was raised around such an environment. I wasn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
So would the Prison Industrial Complex.

And then you would have no other choice but to pay people a living wage.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:46 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And then you would have no other choice but to pay people a living wage.
People are paid what they are worth according to their skills, education, and experience. Want a "living wage" whatever they heck that I?. EARN IT.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Again, it all comes down to skills. This time, lack of analytical skills which immigrants have and blacks do not (from what you have just said). Wouldn't such a thing make it a much greater challenge just being black?

Otherwise, living in a predominately black neighborhood doesn't qualify on the census or anywhere else for actually being black, just as being black in a white neighborhood doesn't qualify that person as being white.
I have a question. Have you lived in the inner city?

Old 08-15-2019, 07:55 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Considering that drug laws are unconstitutional by design...it is police who are the criminals here imo.

How else should people be expected to deal with authority that enforces unconstitutional laws?!
I agree with this. Seriously, I wonder what the percentage of the prison population is only for drug possession or other victimless crimes like prostitution vs real crimes like murder, theft, rape and kidnapping.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:56 PM

6,360 posts, read 4,181,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/news/philad...MJqrwM1KqWF5yU

Very sickening story. This is the liberal, BLM, anti-police atmosphere that the liberal media promotes like with their biased coverage of the Ferguson and Baton Rouge cases, fanning the flames of hatred against police before the true facts of each case isn't even revealed in court yet.

This is the culture that gave rise to Elijah Cummings, Maxine Waters and Cory Booker and even Obama himself.
You are exactly correct and it’s really sad to witness what’s going on and driving a race wedge through this country and the media is assisting in promoting this agenda to incite and divide. Anti cop and law enforcement politicians are doing all they can to promote this divide and it’s only going to worse, exponentially, it’s very obvious!

Old 08-15-2019, 07:59 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
You are exactly correct and it’s really sad to witness what’s going on and driving a race wedge through this country and the media is assisting in promoting this agenda to incite and divide. Anti cop and law enforcement politicians are doing all they can to promote this divide and it’s only going to worse, exponentially, it’s very obvious!
No. Trump is who is assisting it.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
A result of being everything "other people" avoid. A lot of people don't get that though since 'immigrants who came to this country with nothing' are not the same as people forced out of the place where they were from - by their own people nonetheless - and taken to a place by other people who really did not really want or need them for anything other than servitude. Immigrants came to this country as desirables with skills and culture that mattered in the new world. Without a community consisting of skilled workers as well as other things of value that brings them to the table with the majority in power, no progress will come within that community.
I'm not an expert on the inner city. I just know what I've read and what I've seen on the news. I've worked in the inner city. However, I never really interacted with anyone in the area. This is the point I'm getting to. Black Americans are the descendants of those who were brought here under duress. Everything they knew of the old countries, gone. Not because they were willing to give it up in the name of becoming America. Black slaves were basically stripped of everything. I read Thomas Sowell's "Black Rednecks And White Liberals". Mind you, I'm reading this. Some of it I could see happening. According to Sowell, certain traits in "Black ghetto culture" have similarities to "redneck culture". At one time, 9 out of 10 Black Americans lived in the South. At one time, Blacks from Ohio and Pennsylvania scored higher on mental tests than Whites from Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.

There are skilled workers within the Black population. I've noticed that the more educated many Black persons become, the more many of them live in non-Black areas.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
This country has been divided, politically, and racially, from day one. Same as it ever was. Based on the things I've read regarding the history of the USA, the "race wedge" has always been there. It's been there from day one. The anger, racial resentment, and violence, it has been there and it's nothing new. This is based on what I know about U.S. history.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The behavoir of the folks was reprehensible. I however didn't see where they were asked for their party affiliation.
Neither did I. While this incident is disgusting, the intention for some is to complain about Black people, to complain about who Black people vote for. This is why the subject of race is so volatile. Too much resentment. If a persons is coming from a position of resentment towards my ethnicity, a position of arrogance, why would I want to discuss such issues with said person? And this is a question that goes out to those who come to this thread with intent of venting racial resentment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies