U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

724 posts, read 126,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have a question. Have you lived in the inner city?

Yes. I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM

3,129 posts, read 974,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats a good thing in my book, if citizens are standing up like this to police who enforce unconstitutional laws!

Have to remember, at one time, even Rosa Parks, was considered nothing more than a common criminal, for refusing to move to another seat on the bus...its the same thing really, (refusal to comply with unconstitutional laws)...of course, parks was eventually recognized and celebrated for her actions, Another group that was also labelled as common criminals, was the men who took responsible for the Boston Tea party event...they stole tea that did not belong to them and destroyed it...eventually they were recognized and celebrated as patriots!

I believe people who refuse to comply with drug laws, will also be vindicated one day.
Rosa Parks was recognized as an activist from before day one. She was specifically chosen to be the face of that movement and that event was set up by the news media and black liberation activists as a protest centerpiece.
She also didn't shoot the cops.

Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM

724 posts, read 126,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not an expert on the inner city. I just know what I've read and what I've seen on the news. I've worked in the inner city. However, I never really interacted with anyone in the area. This is the point I'm getting to. Black Americans are the descendants of those who were brought here under duress. Everything they knew of the old countries, gone. Not because they were willing to give it up in the name of becoming America. Black slaves were basically stripped of everything. I read Thomas Sowell's "Black Rednecks And White Liberals". Mind you, I'm reading this. Some of it I could see happening. According to Sowell, certain traits in "Black ghetto culture" have similarities to "redneck culture". At one time, 9 out of 10 Black Americans lived in the South. At one time, Blacks from Ohio and Pennsylvania scored higher on mental tests than Whites from Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.

There are skilled workers within the Black population. I've noticed that the more educated many Black persons become, the more many of them live in non-Black areas.

What I was trying to say here is that those who came as African slaves did not have the skills, culture, or anything else that fit very well with the European-influenced way of life. Immigrants from Europe, Asia, and now Mexico are very closely linked with white Americans in ways that matter even more than whatever mental tests were given and what areas someone lives in. And of course the black ghetto culture shares some similarities with poor people of other races, including the "redneck culture." Yet, just as another poster said, no one else other than the black culture is known for such high rates of illegal activity and violent crimes against each other - not even in some of the most overpopulated and poor countries.

This has much to do with the 'black condition,' going way, way back to times when Africa was known as the "dark continent" and upon discovering it, the people were outright laughed at for the way they looked and their way of living. Unlike China and Mexico, no one thinks twice about trading with African people, they simply take them, sell them off, and strip the resources off the land because no one has ever feared Africa as a continent of people who are competent in war against powerful enemies. This has been going on a very long time and will continue to do so.

Finally, having skilled workers in the more educated black population does not negate the fact that the low-skilled and no skilled are far more common, and yes, that is due to the circumstances of the ancestors being brought to America under duress and then having nothing of value to pass along.

Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM

4,686 posts, read 3,651,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
The Blaze?
You might as well quote the Onion, it would probably be just as factual.
So they know that all these black people in the crowd jeering police were all Democrats?
So they asked for ID and voter affiliation?
It's on local news here in Philly, not just in The Blaze. The crowd jeering the cops don't vote so you're right, they're all not Democrats...lol.

Why don't you go up to Tioga-Nicetown and ask those good folks for ID and voter affiliation? Make sure your kin know where your Will and other important documents are before heading into this 'hood though.

Old Today, 12:47 AM

11,013 posts, read 2,852,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
What "police state"?

Do you mean when people who break the LAW get arrested for doing so?

What are the constitutional "rights" that are being "broken" by the cops?

What about those who were arrested due to "drug charges"?

Did they have illegal drugs on them? In their car or house? Are illegal drugs legal?

Who are the "suspicious people" that were "intimidated" so cops could have hours of paperwork to deal with?
The Constitution prohibits the Govt from creating or enforcing 'drug laws.

You do not have to take my word for it, look it up yourself.

Old Today, 07:50 AM

12,323 posts, read 11,395,221 times
At least let's all admit what the elephant in the room is. We all know what it is.

Old Today, 07:54 AM

18,638 posts, read 9,148,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
At least let's all admit what the elephant in the room is. We all know what it is.
Inner city Black violence? Mainly against other Blacks. These people are poor, desperate, often drug and alcohol addicts that sympathize more with Black criminals, than the Black COPS responding to stop a shooter.

Old Today, 07:56 AM

4,686 posts, read 3,651,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The Constitution prohibits the Govt from creating or enforcing 'drug laws.

You do not have to take my word for it, look it up yourself.
Can't find the provision in the Constitution prohibiting the gov't from creating or enforcing drug laws. Where is it at?

Old Today, 08:29 AM

12,323 posts, read 11,395,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Inner city Black violence? Mainly against other Blacks. These people are poor, desperate, often drug and alcohol addicts that sympathize more with Black criminals, than the Black COPS responding to stop a shooter.
These people are indolent, lazy, ignorant refuse to be educated pump their veins with drugs. steal and loot every day.

That is the elephant.

Old Today, 02:05 PM

48,796 posts, read 45,833,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
What I was trying to say here is that those who came as African slaves did not have the skills, culture, or anything else that fit very well with the European-influenced way of life. Immigrants from Europe, Asia, and now Mexico are very closely linked with white Americans in ways that matter even more than whatever mental tests were given and what areas someone lives in. And of course the black ghetto culture shares some similarities with poor people of other races, including the "redneck culture." Yet, just as another poster said, no one else other than the black culture is known for such high rates of illegal activity and violent crimes against each other - not even in some of the most overpopulated and poor countries.

This has much to do with the 'black condition,' going way, way back to times when Africa was known as the "dark continent" and upon discovering it, the people were outright laughed at for the way they looked and their way of living. Unlike China and Mexico, no one thinks twice about trading with African people, they simply take them, sell them off, and strip the resources off the land because no one has ever feared Africa as a continent of people who are competent in war against powerful enemies. This has been going on a very long time and will continue to do so.

Finally, having skilled workers in the more educated black population does not negate the fact that the low-skilled and no skilled are far more common, and yes, that is due to the circumstances of the ancestors being brought to America under duress and then having nothing of value to pass along.
What skills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or