U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM

11,012 posts, read 2,852,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Geez are you kidding me? You must be a drug lord based on this comment. What sane person would want to live in a world where drug lords run free and the police out of the picture.
YOu do realize why police are enforcing these drug laws in the first place...right? One hint, it has NOTHING to do protecting anyones health or safety...its about ensuring the US remains a hugely profitable marketplace for the drug cartels. (this can only happen with tough drug laws in place).

I never would have thought Id see the day when so many American citizens support law enforcement, enforcing laws that are UNCONSTITUTIONAL...Or, even worse, supporting laws that benefit foreign criminal organizations, seriously, WTH? LOL

Cartels would be out of business if our tough drug laws were not in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM

219 posts, read 23,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
YOu do realize why police are enforcing these drug laws in the first place...right? One hint, it has NOTHING to do protecting anyones health or safety...its about ensuring the US remains a hugely profitable marketplace for the drug cartels. (this can only happen with tough drug laws in place).

I never would have thought Id see the day when so many American citizens support law enforcement, enforcing laws that are UNCONSTITUTIONAL...Or, even worse, supporting laws that benefit foreign criminal organizations, seriously, WTH? LOL

Cartels would be out of business if our tough drug laws were not in place.
Your bone to pick is with legislators, not with police. Police have a job, and that's to enforce the law. If you think the laws are wrong, lobby your legislators to fix them.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

1,809 posts, read 362,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Really? Because I saw a group of NOI women who were thanking and praising the Philly police.
Link? I don't believe you.

Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM

11,012 posts, read 2,852,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Your bone to pick is with legislators, not with police. Police have a job, and that's to enforce the law. If you think the laws are wrong, lobby your legislators to fix them.
'Just doing ones job' has never been an appropriate excuse, especially when it involves enforcing unconstitutional laws.

Besides that, back when a few states started legalizing recreational marijuana and people were wondering if the federal laws were going to change, it was the DEA (not the senate or congress), who released a full page newspaper ad, reiterating they would NOT EVEN consider re-scheduling marijuana, much less decriminalize it altogether at the federal level....point being, the DEA is a law enforcement agency (NOT a law making agency), so why think they have the authority for such a thing is beyond me?!

The DEA should have been rep-emended for doing this imo, its NOT their place to make such decisions...but the fact they did and nothing was made of it, that is very interesting to me!

Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM

2,738 posts, read 1,985,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Perp was a multiple Felon, repeat offender of weapons laws, drug laws and violent crime. He was Black, the neighborhood is entirely Black, and most of the cops are Black. And yes, they ALL vote Democrat.
I would bet that most of them do not vote at all.

Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM

18,629 posts, read 9,148,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I would bet that most of them do not vote at all.
Well you would be wrong. They are often taken to the polls by "community organizer" types, or ward leaders. Sometimes the get money, booze, or both to vote.

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

17,478 posts, read 8,822,089 times
Black cop shooter was taken alive without injury. Dispelling the myth

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,654,736 times
I guess you guys don't care that this video comes from a completely different clash between the police and the public. It was not taken yesterday and had nothing to do with the cops being shot.

Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM

3,095 posts, read 671,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
If you choose to harass, intimidate, and extort for a living... don't expect sympathy.

Never too late to do something useful for a living.
Let them go on strike for three days and then see what you think.

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM

48,786 posts, read 45,833,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
More than 90% of black people vote Democrat. just sayin.
And? Why do you care who Blacks vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or