Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 04:41 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Why would I care for Black people? That's your business not mine. But we share a country, and I just want you to answer honestly why all the worst areas are Black.
I never said you did. I know you don't. All the more reason why I'm wondering why I should even answer the question. I'll give you what I know. Remember, I grew up in a predominantly White, suburban/exurban area. And I've seen my fair share of what you call "white trash". I've been bullied and even assaulted by those you might refer to as "white trash" when I was in middle school and high school.

This is what I know. Black Americans are more likely to be poor, underemployed, unemployed, and have basically started from a much worse position than anyone else in this country. When the Black middle class started growing and getting larger, Black middle class people left alot of Black neighborhoods, for predominantly White areas. Once Black people were allowed to live wherever they wanted and housing discrimination was made illegal, Blacks who had the money went wherever they wanted. The poorest and those who were committing crimes were far more likely to stay.

I looked up the crime statistics for Southfield, Michigan. A 70% Black city and it's crime index is 270.1, lower than the national average. It has had years when it was higher, but the crime rate has gotten lower. http://www.city-data.com/city/Southfield-Michigan.html

I gather that most of the crime comes from Blacks criminals who aren't from there. There was an article about Southfield's Black middle-upper class residents who didn't like that lower class Blacks from Detroit were moving in.
https://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/2...ro_detroi.html
Why do hood rat types like to commit their crimes in Southfield, but not the Grosse Pointes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 04:45 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why do hood rat types like to commit their crimes in Southfield, but not the Grosse Pointes?
Because those hood rats are family members of those in Southfield. They come over, for bbq parties, to visit, maybe someone's daughter is dating one of these hoodrats.

Poverty is not an excuse. I brought up immigrants who came to this country with nothing. You can't go below 0. And while their neighborhoods maybe poor, they're not as riddled with crime and drugs as Black communities.

Hialeah is a poor poor working-class Cuban area. But it's not riddled with crime or drugs. Next door is Opa-Locka which is a poor poor working-class Black area that is riddled with both.

I get why Blacks are poorer than Whites. What I don't get is why your areas have to have so many other problems that other people avoid.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Because those hood rats are family members of those in Southfield. They come over, for bbq parties, to visit, maybe someone's daughter is dating one of these hoodrats.

Poverty is not an excuse. I brought up immigrants who came to this country with nothing. You can't go below 0. And while their neighborhoods maybe poor, they're not as riddled with crime and drugs as Black communities.

Hialeah is a poor poor working-class Cuban area. But it's not riddled with crime or drugs. Next door is Opa-Locka which is a poor poor working-class Black area that is riddled with both.

I get why Blacks are poorer than Whites. What I don't get is why your areas have to have so many other problems that other people avoid.
I refuse to answer anymore questions from you if you're going to ignore the rest of my post. You have a habit of taken a small part of my post and then ignoring the rest. Here is the truth. I've never lived in a predominantly Black, inner city area. I'm the product of a Black middle class family and I spent the majority of my life in predominantly White, suburban/exurban areas. I can give you academic answers. That's all.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:52 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Were these black people where signs or buttons or t-shirts that say they were democrats?

Old 08-15-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Were these black people where signs or buttons or t-shirts that say they were democrats?
I don't think so. I wasn't there. How do we know that said persons laughing and jeering vote at all?

Old 08-15-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/news/philad...MJqrwM1KqWF5yU

Very sickening story. This is the liberal, BLM, anti-police atmosphere that the liberal media promotes like with their biased coverage of the Ferguson and Baton Rouge cases, fanning the flames of hatred against police before the true facts of each case isn't even revealed in court yet.

This is the culture that gave rise to Elijah Cummings, Maxine Waters and Cory Booker and even Obama himself.
Explain the riots of the 1960s. Based on things I've read, I don't think this is anything recent.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:12 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/news/philad...MJqrwM1KqWF5yU

Very sickening story. This is the liberal, BLM, anti-police atmosphere that the liberal media promotes like with their biased coverage of the Ferguson and Baton Rouge cases, fanning the flames of hatred against police before the true facts of each case isn't even revealed in court yet.

This is the culture that gave rise to Elijah Cummings, Maxine Waters and Cory Booker and even Obama himself.
You hate blacks, we get it.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:16 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think so. I wasn't there. How do we know that said persons laughing and jeering vote at all?
Heck. Only 60 percent of people vote. And that is among most demographics. So we don't know if they even vote.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:23 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Your bone to pick is with legislators, not with police. Police have a job, and that's to enforce the law. If you think the laws are wrong, lobby your legislators to fix them.
Bingo!

Old 08-15-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Heck. Only 60 percent of people vote. And that is among most demographics. So we don't know if they even vote.
And all of this obsession over who Black people vote for. It's not healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies