U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 08:23 AM
 
10,506 posts, read 6,370,482 times
Reputation: 5866

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
THIRTY THOUSAND deaths says otherwise! What do you have to justify your argument?

Actually the number is around 15k, a number that is high, too high but what is the percentage of that out of 300 million people ?


Suicides should not be counted in that list , period. Someone wanting to take their own life is a thing that they should be able to do. It doesn't make it right , but it is their right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 08:24 AM
 
66,922 posts, read 30,640,149 times
Reputation: 8749
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It still wouldn't be remotely close lol, around 70 people get shot to death in the UK every year and that INCLUDES gang violence, how many people get shot to death every year in the US even when you don't include the gang violence? Thousands!
I don't think you're understanding that career criminals in the US don't give a crap about gun control laws. They are essentially useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:25 AM
 
10,506 posts, read 6,370,482 times
Reputation: 5866
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
This is bollox spouted by 'gun nuts'! There is ONE simple fact - around 30,000+ people get shot to death every year in the US, that's THIRTY THOUSAND + - THIRTY THOUSAND. In the rest of the 1st world its around 100, in the UK its about 70!! A difference SO MASSIVE that you can't seriously argue against it without having your face laughed into! Its a SHAMEFUL amount of people and the US should be ashamed to have that kind of statistic and even more ashamed that it refuses to try and do anything about it! Especially when the answer is so bloody obvious!

Harvard is full of gun nuts (whatever those are) ? You must know of a different Harvard than I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:27 AM
 
Location: SE UK
8,027 posts, read 6,731,363 times
Reputation: 5444
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Speaking of laughing in somebody's face ....

https://thefederalist.com/2018/04/13...y-gun-control/

How's that acid control coming?

There are quite a few things obvious to me that go right over your head. Now again, are you including suicides in your gun death numbers? My guess is that you won't answer because we already know the answer, now don't we.
But knife crime between the UK and US is practically identical!!?? so what's the irrelevant point you are trying to make?? Back to the actual topic here - why do you think you are TWO HUDRED AND FIFTY times more likely to get shot to death in the US than you are in the UK? Can you answer that question without talking about acid or cars or potatoes? Its a very simple answer - really it is!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:27 AM
 
10,506 posts, read 6,370,482 times
Reputation: 5866
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
That's simply not true, besides did you know that the rate of death by knives between the US and the UK is surprisingly similar? Now you tell me why that is? Pretty obvious wouldn't you say!?

Wait, what ? People kill each other in the UK ? I thought without guns it would be crime free utopia ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:28 AM
 
66,922 posts, read 30,640,149 times
Reputation: 8749
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It IS true! lol 30,000+ compared to 70 hell lets say 100 - a VERY VERY big difference no?
And that number is LESS as the number of privately owned guns in the US has increased. The indisputable fact is that the more guns Americans own, the more the gun homicide and nonfatal gun crime rates decrease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:28 AM
 
Location: SE UK
8,027 posts, read 6,731,363 times
Reputation: 5444
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't think you're understanding that career criminals in the US don't give a crap about gun control laws. They are essentially useless.
What and you think that career criminals in the UK have 'better morals'!!? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:29 AM
 
Location: SE UK
8,027 posts, read 6,731,363 times
Reputation: 5444
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And that number is LESS as the number of privately owned guns in the US has increased. The indisputable fact is that the more guns Americans own, the more the gun homicide and nonfatal gun crimes rates decrease.
But that DOESN'T explain why you are 250 times more likely to get shot to death in the US does it! Perhaps YOU can tell me why that is because nobody else seems to know (and it really is a very simple answer).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:31 AM
 
66,922 posts, read 30,640,149 times
Reputation: 8749
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What and you think that career criminals in the UK have 'better morals'!!? lol
They sure seem to be more willing to obey gun control laws, now, don't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:31 AM
 
Location: SE UK
8,027 posts, read 6,731,363 times
Reputation: 5444
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Harvard is full of gun nuts (whatever those are) ? You must know of a different Harvard than I do.
Gun nuts = people who refuse to see the 'bleedin obvious' even though the whole world can, people who value 'other' peoples lives with complete contempt, people who have been brainwashes since the day they were born about 'freedom' and '2nd amendments' - people that have an awful lot of blood on their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top