U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:08 AM
 
10,541 posts, read 6,385,507 times
Reputation: 5875

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I seriously have to ask - 'is this supposed to be an insult????'

Take it however you want, it matters little to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:10 AM
 
10,541 posts, read 6,385,507 times
Reputation: 5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, it's really not....I've never meet anyone you speak of....Yea, yea, yea....because I've never meet anyone, therefore there are none.....no need to bring that excuse...just prove what you say...then lets talk....





Maybe you can provide some examples....we shall wait...

Good luck, I've asked several questions with the same results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM
 
30,255 posts, read 15,727,034 times
Reputation: 20360
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Because the world was a very different place in 1939!! Good lord you think 30'000 people dying every year 'just in case' Adolf Hitler comes back around is worth it!!! Besides even if Donald Trump suddenly became the same as Adolf Hitler and decided to kill everybody with the first name Pedro how do you think you and your 'buddies' will do in fighting him off!?
You think the Germans were cavemen?

Germany was on the cusp of sending rockets into space and splitting the atom. They had some of the best universities in Europe. They had preeminent philosophers, mathmeticians and historians. Their musicians and artists were equal to most of Europe.

I'd bet most Germans could have never imagined the atrocities their government was going to commit until after it happened. They would have said they were to advanced a society for it to happen.

You're quite naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM
 
1,453 posts, read 325,549 times
Reputation: 1623
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Gun nuts = people who refuse to see the 'bleedin obvious' even though the whole world can, people who value 'other' peoples lives with complete contempt, people who have been brainwashes since the day they were born about 'freedom' and '2nd amendments' - people that have an awful lot of blood on their hands.
Hey guys, guess what?? We're brainwashed about freedom and constitutional rights! On top of that, if someone else commits a crime, it's our fault!

Wow. Your mind is a like a billion synaptic bridges to nowhere. You lack the basic tenets of sound judgement in every respect. I've got news for you, the whole world is not with you or your ideology, because when the s--t hits the fan, people like you are never the ones who fix it. You are just the ones who turn their noses up as those who do. You are a sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM
 
66,978 posts, read 30,690,265 times
Reputation: 8760
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
250 times more likely IS to do with percentages NOT population but if it makes you feel any better if we increase the 70 or so by 5 1/2 to take the population difference into account it gives us 385? Lets be generous and round it up to 400. So 'taking into account the difference in population' 400 people are shot to death every year and in the US its 30'000 + (notice the +). Doesn't make things look any better really does it?
Now calculate that by the number of guns per country.

UK: 1.8 million (1.3 million shotguns, 500,000 other firearms)

US: 450 million (as determined by the CRS and the CDC)

The US has 250 times more guns than the UK, and has 250 times more gun deaths than the UK. Looks like the US is on par with the UK in regards to gun deaths per gun. So, the UK's strict gun control laws aren't doing any better than the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:12 AM
 
Location: SE UK
8,048 posts, read 6,749,746 times
Reputation: 5479
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, it's really not....I've never meet anyone you speak of....Yea, yea, yea....because I've never meet anyone, therefore there are none.....no need to bring that excuse...just prove what you say...then lets talk....





Maybe you can provide some examples....we shall wait...
I already have! 30'000+ people, THIRTY THOUSAND PLUS. Nobody wants to tell me why that is such a huge, enormous figure, I cant understand why? The answer is of course very obvious. Instead of anybody answering the question they come back with a load of irrelevant bollox. Obviously its something that can't be answered without admitting that the gun culture in the US is just plain 'wrong', the 2nd amendment (whatever the hell that means) is brainwashed into the US population which means that people (like many on here) will argue against something in-arguable! It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody tragic, we are talking multiple thousands of un-necessary lost lives here! Now that ain't 'funny'. I can only hope that America 'comes to its senses' sooner rather than later on this one because nothing would please me more than seeing the US fall in line with the rest of the 1st world on this, it really is a matter of life and death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:21 AM
 
30,255 posts, read 15,727,034 times
Reputation: 20360
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I already have! 30'000+ people, THIRTY THOUSAND PLUS. Nobody wants to tell me why that is such a huge, enormous figure, I cant understand why? The answer is of course very obvious. Instead of anybody answering the question they come back with a load of irrelevant bollox. Obviously its something that can't be answered without admitting that the gun culture in the US is just plain 'wrong', the 2nd amendment (whatever the hell that means) is brainwashed into the US population which means that people (like many on here) will argue against something in-arguable! It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody tragic, we are talking multiple thousands of un-necessary lost lives here! Now that ain't 'funny'. I can only hope that America 'comes to its senses' sooner rather than later on this one because nothing would please me more than seeing the US fall in line with the rest of the 1st world on this, it really is a matter of life and death.
Do you want tougher suicide laws to reduce the majority of those 30,000?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,891 posts, read 8,886,598 times
Reputation: 6591
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm sure those felons who easily shoot police officers would be the first to follow the new legislation.
Yeahh..why can't we have "common sense" Murder control?

They are willing to violate that law..but the murderers wont risk running afoul of gun "control" laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:23 AM
 
5,849 posts, read 1,577,583 times
Reputation: 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yeahh..why can't we have "common sense" Murder control?

They are willing to violate that law..but the murderers wont risk running afoul of gun "control" laws?
If we pass a law, they’ll follow it! /s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2019, 09:28 AM
 
Location: New York Area
16,269 posts, read 6,419,932 times
Reputation: 12563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yet, nothing about the perpetrator being a multiple felon that previously and currently broke every gun law imaginable, and other laws against violent crime. Why was he on the street? Why punish only the law abiding gun owner for the violent crime committed by this CAREER MULTIPLE FELON???

Why did the justice system fail Mr. Mayor? Why do you let these criminals back out on the street so soon to commit more crime and shoot at cops, and others. Why are you putting innocent citizens and cops at more risk?

Why don't you want law abiding citizens to be able to EFFECTIVELY DEFEND THEMSELVES from the violent criminals YOU ENABLE?
Are you supporting mass incarceration? How racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top