U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 09:29 AM

34,602 posts, read 18,797,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I already have! 30'000+ people, THIRTY THOUSAND PLUS. Nobody wants to tell me why that is such a huge, enormous figure, I cant understand why?

So, your argument is that these "gunnutters" are so enamored by the second amendment, that more than half kill themselves? Do you not see there is zero logic in what you are saying?

The others are thugs and I'm sure there are many that are domestic disputes also.

11 Children were killed since June in St. Louis....in Drive by shootings, were these also gunnutters or were these thugs?

Quote:
The answer is of course very obvious. Instead of anybody answering the question they come back with a load of irrelevant bollox.

I just answered your question with a lot or relevance...whether or not you are able to understand that is a different story.

Quote:
Obviously its something that can't be answered without admitting that the gun culture in the US is just plain 'wrong', the 2nd amendment (whatever the hell that means) is brainwashed into the US population which means that people (like many on here) will argue against something in-arguable!

You have to provide something to argue against...which you have not....

Unless as I stated before, is your argument really, that people are so enamored by the 2nd amendment, they are killing themselves because of the second amendment?

"2nd amendment (whatever the hell that means)"

As for this quote^^^^ you should look it up and read it, then you still may or may not understand it....

Instead of saying, whatever that means....

Quote:
It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody tragic, we are talking multiple thousands of un-necessary lost lives here! Now that ain't 'funny'.

It's not, but do tell, since you seem to be so full of facts here...where is most of the violence, AND would most of those people even follow new laws?

Quote:
I can only hope that America 'comes to its senses' sooner rather than later on this one because nothing would please me more than seeing the US fall in line with the rest of the 1st world on this, it really is a matter of life and death.

300,000,000 guns in the United States....using your figure of 30,000 (I'll give you 40K, just for giggles) can you figure out the possibility of being shot and killed...and then take out those that committed suicide, then re-do the math....

Being killed by a gun, is so far down the line of how you can be killed here in the U.S.A., but yet, you don't care about facts....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 09:38 AM

18,776 posts, read 9,186,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Are you supporting mass incarceration? How racist!
I'm supporting harsher prison sentences for people that commit crimes with guns. This guy got the charges dropped, or plead down time after time. He was arrested more than 12 times since the age of 18 for violent crime and weapons charges, yet he was free to commit more crime. Why?

Old 08-15-2019, 09:41 AM

10,545 posts, read 6,385,507 times
Statistics for Easthome, that poster seems to like stats....

More people are killed with fists than the oh so deadly high powered, military grade, assault rifle....

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...a-table-11.xls

Oddly enough, zero by explosives....I'm going to say the UK has us beat on that one.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:43 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,766,612 times
Quote:
Not me, if you want to talk about somebody in NZ shooting you go right ahead. Hmmm I wonder if in New Zealand they decided to arm themselves even more afterwards!

Well it does seem that most decided they would at least keep what they already have. Compliance with the new ban was pretty dismal. It seems most NZers who own service style rifles decided to just keep them and to hell with a new law that only effects honest people. So I guess these thousands of people are a brand new class of criminal.

I reckon they best budget for more cops and more prison space. It would be much the same here. Only we're talking tens of millions of people. Not mere thousands. And we fully intend to keep all our firearms. Service style and otherwise. Regardless of if the leftist hoplophobes manage to pass any new laws.

The citizenry in the US has always through our history as a nation had the same firearms that the military has. This changed in the 50s when the military went to select fire with the M14 and then the M16. We citizens have been limited to semi auto only and this actually became law in 1934. Semi auto only is fine with me. Full auto is a waste of ammunition.

But now the cops have military hardware. Select fire M4s are in every beat cops patrol car and they also have heavy weapons up to 50 BMG, armored vehicles, grenade launchers, high capacity sidearms from 9mm to 45 ACP, robots that carry weapons and can deploy destructive devices like RPGs and grenades, LE armories are pretty...diverse ...these days.

And I figure if the cops need to have such firepower on tap to patrol the streets I live on for a sporadic 8 hours me having a semi auto only AR in my safe is just fine. I've had to use lethal force to defend myself once and if I hadn't been armed I would be quite dead or seriously crippled at the least.

No, I didn't use an AR, I used a revolver actually, but that is non sequitur. The AR has its niche.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:44 AM

24,655 posts, read 12,166,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Interesting that the strongest proponents of common sense gun control are police forces and the leadership in our large cities. Law enforcement is getting tired of it.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...officers-shot/

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney:

“This government, both on federal and state level, don’t want to do anything about getting these guns off the streets and getting them out of the hands of criminals. This guy is clearly a criminal, he was a criminal — he had, apparently a long record which I’m not sure, I don’t have it in front of me — but has been involved in the criminal justice system before. And he was able to get these weapons and a large magazine, a large amount of bullets.

“So whether it’s our six officers who were shot or it’s some 15, 17, 20-year-old kid on the streets of Philadelphia who gets shot with guns that shouldn’t be in people’s hands, it’s aggravating, it’s saddening and it’s just something we need to do something about. And if the state and federal government don’t want to stand up to the NRA and some other folks, then let us police ourselves. But they preempt us on all kinds of gun control legislation.

Our officers deserve to be protected and they don’t deserve to be shot at by a guy for hours with an unlimited supply of weapons and an unlimited supply of bullets. So it’s disgusting and we have to do something about it”
Common sense and gun control as promoted by liberals are mutually exclusive.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Australia enacted strict gun control laws and the nutters now can't get those guns.

The idea that we can't have sensible gun control laws is NRA and Russian BS.
More guns available in US than Australia.

Your premise is BS.

If you hate the bill of rights, feel free to leave.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Black people harassing mostly BLACK COPS. You'd think they'd want t help them to stop this violent criminal, but they always take the side of the bad guys.
Dint do nuffin.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:50 AM

8,251 posts, read 2,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Who's saying that?

How do deeper background checks and restrictions on the types of guns and ammunition available to the general public translate into "disarm[ing] only the law abiding"?

You can still have your precious guns. You just might have to wait a little longer to get them. And you can't have the kind that are capable of shooting dozens of people in 30 seconds.

What's a "deeper background check"?

What criteria in someone's past do you want to use to preclude someone from exercising their constitutional rights that we don't already use in the current background check system?

You want to know if someone got expelled from kindergarten for biting a cookie into the shape a gun maybe?

Old 08-15-2019, 10:04 AM

Lol....you can't make this stuff up... Here is the logic Easthome's part of the world lives by.

"The insides of the boxes are printed with real life stories of young people who have chosen to pursue positive activities, such as boxing or music, instead of carrying a knife.

The British government has been mocked and criticized for putting advertisements meant to discourage knife crime on boxes of takeout fried chicken, according to multiple reports.

The United Kingdom’s Home Office tweeted Wednesday: “We are rolling out our #KnifeFree chicken boxes in over 210 chicken shops in England and Wales, including Morley’s, Dixy Chicken and Chicken Cottage. They use real life stories to show people how they can go #KnifeFree.”

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/s...ss-the-country

https://news.sky.com/story/home-offi...edium=referral

Old 08-15-2019, 10:23 AM

Here is one of the main problems, and it isnt' firearms. But more laws will do something ...right...

Maurice Hill , the Philly shooter.
The Philadelphia Inquirer reportedHill’s criminal rap sheet starting at age 18. The now 36 year old man was at the time booked on a gun offense for having a gun with an altered serial number.
Public records show Hill having been arrested about a dozen times since turning 18, and convicted six times on charges that involved illegal possession of guns, drug dealing, and aggravated assault. He has been in and out of prison; the longest sentence handed him came in 2010, when a federal judge gave him a 55-month term.
In 2008, he was convicted of escaping, fleeing from police, and resisting arrest. Along the way, he beat criminal charges on everything from kidnapping to attempted murder.
Hill also spent time in federal prison. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to federal firearms violations after he was caught with a Smith & Wesson .357 and later a Taurus PT .45 semiautomatic. His prior felony convictions should have barred him from owning those weapons. U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond sentenced him to four years and seven months in prison.

More recently, Hill was convicted of perjury in 2013 and sentenced to seven years of probation. He appeared before Common Pleas Court Judge Rayford Means for three different alleged violations of probation — at least two of them related to new cases, which he later beat- the Inquirer reported.

https://scallywagandvagabond.com/201...nal-rap-sheet/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies