U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM

8,049 posts, read 6,752,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
No, they are just sexually assaulted.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/55965362-post187.html

It's all very well to examine things in a vacuum and say, "Because there are no guns, people aren't being shot." but rather irresponsible to draw or imply from that that people are not being harmed.
Yes but far less are being 'harmed' than in the US, apparently more people in Australia die from skin cancer too but again I am not sure what this has to do with the out of control gun problem in the US (because 30,000+ IS out of control)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:13 AM

10,037 posts, read 5,592,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Yes but far less are being 'harmed' than in the US, apparently more people in Australia die from skin cancer too but again I am not sure what this has to do with the out of control gun problem in the US (because 30,000+ IS out of control)

"Far less"......do remember the differences in the populations.

As to the victims, the lack of fire arms seems to have not stopped them from being victims.

Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM

66,981 posts, read 30,697,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why can't the U. S. as one of the most highly incarcerated countries in the world put people in prison who commit crimes with the aid of guns and keep them there?
SJWs.

Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM

13,837 posts, read 7,545,651 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXbl1Snpi4o

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM

8,049 posts, read 6,752,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
"Far less"......do remember the differences in the populations.

As to the victims, the lack of fire arms seems to have not stopped them from being victims.
Taking into account the difference in populations it is still FAR less.

Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM

67,216 posts, read 34,235,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Philadelphia Mayor pleading for gun control legislation

My weapons, my ability to obtain, my ability to keep and my ability to bear them in public, shall not be infringed.
I am not your property, to have a say.

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM

7,600 posts, read 3,123,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Interesting that the strongest proponents of common sense gun control are police forces and the leadership in our large cities. Law enforcement is getting tired of it.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...officers-shot/

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney:

ďThis government, both on federal and state level, donít want to do anything about getting these guns off the streets and getting them out of the hands of criminals. This guy is clearly a criminal, he was a criminal ó he had, apparently a long record which Iím not sure, I donít have it in front of me ó but has been involved in the criminal justice system before. And he was able to get these weapons and a large magazine, a large amount of bullets.

ďSo whether itís our six officers who were shot or itís some 15, 17, 20-year-old kid on the streets of Philadelphia who gets shot with guns that shouldnít be in peopleís hands, itís aggravating, itís saddening and itís just something we need to do something about. And if the state and federal government donít want to stand up to the NRA and some other folks, then let us police ourselves. But they preempt us on all kinds of gun control legislation.

ďOur officers deserve to be protected and they donít deserve to be shot at by a guy for hours with an unlimited supply of weapons and an unlimited supply of bullets. So itís disgusting and we have to do something about itĒ
Was that a question? If so, the answer is no. You worry about your guns, and I'll worry about mine.
Now move along.

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

35,830 posts, read 32,539,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Who's saying that?

How do deeper background checks and restrictions on the types of guns and ammunition available to the general public translate into "disarm[ing] only the law abiding"?

You can still have your precious guns. You just might have to wait a little longer to get them. And you can't have the kind that are capable of shooting dozens of people in 30 seconds.
No such thing as an assault weapon or an assault weapon ban, repeatedly parroting it doesn't make it so.

There is no such thing as an assault weapon or an actual ban on them

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

7,600 posts, read 3,123,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Australia enacted strict gun control laws and the nutters now can't get those guns.

The idea that we can't have sensible gun control laws is NRA and Russian BS.
What is your preoccupation with Australia? One solution would be to move there. Except you wouldn't qualify.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM

7,224 posts, read 7,870,733 times
Ironically, the Philadelphia situation highlights the problem with gun control laws that those of us who understand the Constitution have been pointing out for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies