U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:03 AM

10,506 posts, read 6,370,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Interesting that the strongest proponents of common sense gun control are police forces and the leadership in our large cities. Law enforcement is getting tired of it.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...officers-shot/

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney:

ďThis government, both on federal and state level, donít want to do anything about getting these guns off the streets and getting them out of the hands of criminals. This guy is clearly a criminal, he was a criminal ó he had, apparently a long record which Iím not sure, I donít have it in front of me ó but has been involved in the criminal justice system before. And he was able to get these weapons and a large magazine, a large amount of bullets.

ďSo whether itís our six officers who were shot or itís some 15, 17, 20-year-old kid on the streets of Philadelphia who gets shot with guns that shouldnít be in peopleís hands, itís aggravating, itís saddening and itís just something we need to do something about. And if the state and federal government donít want to stand up to the NRA and some other folks, then let us police ourselves. But they preempt us on all kinds of gun control legislation.

ďOur officers deserve to be protected and they donít deserve to be shot at by a guy for hours with an unlimited supply of weapons and an unlimited supply of bullets. So itís disgusting and we have to do something about itĒ

And other than snapping ones fingers and eliminating all the firearms and knowledge of them from our minds and the planet, how would any new laws prevent what happened there ?
Again, when criminals do their criminal thing, the law abiding are the ones that feel the repercussions .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Australia enacted strict gun control laws and the nutters now can't get those guns.

The idea that we can't have sensible gun control laws is NRA and Russian BS.

Not even a fair comparison. AU never had the violence our country has even before their ban.

Old Today, 07:07 AM

67,138 posts, read 34,170,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is knowing deflection from the real problem they won't address. Career FELONS with multiple weapons and other Felonies out on the street in large numbers. They do little jail time, then are back out on the street to commit more violent crime. The Mayor, and DA know that, but can't say it as it would "disenfranchise" a lot of their voting base.

Hence, they lie, deflect, and blame guns. Yet they know these criminals don't follow gun laws. This Perp already did Federal time for possessing guns illegally. Why would he care about more gun laws. Only the law abiding are affected.
There was a reason, we had public hangings on Sunday afternoon, back in the day.
There were also places called Insane Asylums.

It prevented occurrences like this and the other violence from happening.

Today we in society must conform to them to keep them safe. To hell with the Calm & Peaceful people. We'll take there rights to keep the losers and wackos safe.

Old Today, 07:08 AM

32,539 posts, read 60,183,684 times
Quote:
So you want to just disarm only the law abiding
Who's saying that?

How do deeper background checks and restrictions on the types of guns and ammunition available to the general public translate into "disarm[ing] only the law abiding"?

You can still have your precious guns. You just might have to wait a little longer to get them. And you can't have the kind that are capable of shooting dozens of people in 30 seconds.

Old Today, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The gun control 'nutters' as you so eloquently put it have countless statistics and examples to back up what they say, the gun 'nutters' however have nothing but exceptionally high death rates, countless destroyed families & paranoid population and lots and lots of blood on their hands - so who really are the 'nutters' here? Still 2nd amendment (whatever that means), freedom (yeah right) and all that.

Nice rant, but explain how any more laws would have stopped this incident from happening.

Old Today, 07:13 AM

1,420 posts, read 317,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Who's saying that?

How do deeper background checks and restrictions on the types of guns and ammunition available to the general public translate into "disarm[ing] only the law abiding"?

You can still have your precious guns. You just might have to wait a little longer to get them. And you can't have the kind that are capable of shooting dozens of people in 30 seconds.
LOL. You can have your precious musket. Wow. Just wow.

Old Today, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What difference does that make! You don't think the other 1st world countries don't have inner city crime!? (and you have the cheek to call me dense!). The level of gun crime is so massively, hugely out of sync in the US you simply can't argue about it - its so simple and so obvious that people have to be excessively 'dense' not to see it, in fact the whole 1st world 'see's' it apart from one place. Tighter gun laws = a MASSIVE reduction in people being shot to death, EVERY stat backs this up, EVERY one! We have gangs here, we have crime here, we have hatred, road rage, mentally unhinged people, we have the same humanity as you but we also have TWO HUNDRED AND FITY percent less deaths by gun. Probably THE biggest stat there is - we are talking peoples lives here! And I am supposed to be the dense one!

Interesting...

https://www.theacru.org/2007/05/08/h...terproductive/

https://guncarrier.com/banning-guns-...tudy-overview/

https://crimeresearch.org/2016/04/mu...fter-gun-bans/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29794...e-hank-berrien

Old Today, 07:25 AM

67,138 posts, read 34,170,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Who's saying that?

If it is my right, why am I at the mercy of others to exercise that right?
If it is my right, what business is it of anyone, especially government?
If it is my right, why is government trying to tell me, what form I can exercise that right?

Who became god and turned my right, into a privilege?

If it were my right, it would not involve anyone but me and the manufacturer and retailer.

Old Today, 07:26 AM

19,576 posts, read 17,622,236 times
Philly's mayor and the Philly DA are dumbasses. George Soros contributed to the DA's campaign and he's publicly admitted he tries to profit financially from the chaos and instability he causes in influencing elections.
You'll never get urban democrats to give up guns because they have them legally to protect themselves from those who have them illegally.

Old Today, 07:26 AM

14,457 posts, read 11,748,229 times
Quote:
Yet, nothing about the perpetrator being a multiple felon that previously and currently broke every gun law imaginable, and other laws against violent crime. Why was he on the street? Why punish only the law abiding gun owner for the violent crime committed by this CAREER MULTIPLE FELON???

Why did the justice system fail Mr. Mayor? Why do you let these criminals back out on the street so soon to commit more crime and shoot at cops, and others. Why are you putting innocent citizens and cops at more risk?

Why don't you want law abiding citizens to be able to EFFECTIVELY DEFEND THEMSELVES from the violent criminals YOU ENABLE?

This post and all the others like it that state the obvious to anyone with real "common sense". Laws define crime. They do not prevent it. Sooo...should what this goblin did, shattering every law already on the books making everything he did illegal be added to with MORE laws? Which will do what? Make these things MORE illegal? Make him more of a criminal? What?

Sheesh I wish these gunophobics would quit using the term "common sense." They have no clue what common sense is. They have just fallen into the leftist fear trap and are hopelessly entangled. Now I am looking forward to hearing and reading all sorts of ignorant rants peppered with attempted firearms tech talk using terms like "semi full automatic" "military ammunition capable" "lethal accessories like muzzle brakes and bayonet lugs" "guns that never miss" and how rifles like the AR are capable of making ammunition put into them into reactive armor defeating phase plasma "cop killing" rounds.

This clown I Philly had a stash of ILLEGAL weapons that he obtained ILLEGALLY to defend his ILLEGAL drug business against other criminals and obviously LE as well. So lets make another law that only legal, law abiding firearms owners will comply with (maybe) an make these people into criminals too. That may increase arrests and prosecution rates as we honest citizens are a lot easier to find and prosecute for crimes that were not crimes before these new laws.

Then the leftist gun owner haters can claim they have "done something."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies