U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old Today, 08:03 AM
 
10,506 posts, read 6,370,482 times
Reputation: 5866

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Because having tighter controls when it comes to owning guns reduces the amount of people losing their lives MASSIVELY, this is why the worlds 1st world countries all have a MASSIVELY, HUGELY less amount of people getting shot to death every year! Not slightly less not even a lot less but a MASSIVE amount of difference. This is an un-arguable statistic, the fact that its worked in Australia further proves what is so 'bleedin' obvious' all the more.



Still didn't answer my question.... just the same diatribe ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 08:04 AM
 
1,420 posts, read 317,415 times
Reputation: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
This is bollox spouted by 'gun nuts'! There is ONE simple fact - around 30,000+ people get shot to death every year in the US, that's THIRTY THOUSAND + - THIRTY THOUSAND. In the rest of the 1st world its around 100, in the UK its about 70!! A difference SO MASSIVE that you can't seriously argue against it without having your face laughed into! Its a SHAMEFUL amount of people and the US should be ashamed to have that kind of statistic and even more ashamed that it refuses to try and do anything about it! Especially when the answer is so bloody obvious!
Yeah, we should just give up our gun rights, amirite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:04 AM
 
Location: SE UK
8,027 posts, read 6,731,363 times
Reputation: 5444
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And if you read the data, a handful of counties across our entire nation of 300 plus million people are responsible for 68% of the violence. That right there tells one the problem isn't firearms. First off , we have a violence problem within the ranks of our poorest citizens. That makes up the bulk of it, then secondly we have an issue with a certain demographic of our youth. For whatever reason they can't handle life and decide killing as many as they can is the rational thing to do. This makes up a miniscule percentage of the violence, but gets the most media attention. More kids die a day due to distracted driving then mass shootings, the media doesn't jump on that though.
We all have the same demographics, the same 1st world countries, the same crime, the same gangs, the same mental issues, we also have people dying because of 'distracted driving' but like with guns we put laws in place to try and eradicate this as much as possible - but what this has to do with guns I really don't know!????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:06 AM
 
Location: SE UK
8,027 posts, read 6,731,363 times
Reputation: 5444
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Yeah, we should just give up our gun rights, amirite?
Look you can have a gun in the UK, but this stupid '2nd amendment' bollox is killing thousands there every year! Keep you guns but regulate the bloody things!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:06 AM
 
Location: WY
5,299 posts, read 3,790,740 times
Reputation: 5990
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Interesting that the strongest proponents of common sense gun control are police forces and the leadership in our large cities. Law enforcement is getting tired of it.
It's not interesting. It's predictable. Philly mayor is Democrat. What do you EXPECT him to say? Leader of the FOP said pretty much the same thing. Which is unfortunate. The mayor, city leaders and FOP leaders all know the FBI stats on gun crime. Facts apparently don't matter.

The fact that they would spout partisan BS immediately after having six officers shot is also unfortunate. Life in one more big city - unfettered violence, squalor, Democrat leadership and Democrat lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:07 AM
 
Location: SE UK
8,027 posts, read 6,731,363 times
Reputation: 5444
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Still didn't answer my question.... just the same diatribe ...
THIRTY THOUSAND deaths says otherwise! What do you have to justify your argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:08 AM
 
1,420 posts, read 317,415 times
Reputation: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Look you can have a gun in the UK, but this stupid '2nd amendment' bollox is killing thousands there every year! Keep you guns but regulate the bloody things!
You guys are running around confiscating butter knives. You are sheep. Like I've said before, our gun rights are non-negotiable. If that burns you up, so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:08 AM
 
66,922 posts, read 30,640,149 times
Reputation: 8749
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Because Chicago is in the US and the US doesn't have gun laws like the rest of the 1st world, its not rocket science!
But it's ILLEGAL in many ways to have guns in Chicago. So, why aren't the criminals obeying the law? Hmmmm...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:09 AM
 
Location: USA
18,620 posts, read 9,139,747 times
Reputation: 13987
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
We all have the same demographics, the same 1st world countries, the same crime, the same gangs, the same mental issues, we also have people dying because of 'distracted driving' but like with guns we put laws in place to try and eradicate this as much as possible - but what this has to do with guns I really don't know!????
No you are wrong about that. We have many, many large cities with Black populations that are VIOLENT, and use guns mainly to kill each other. We also have a lot of people committing suicides with a gun. So our society, and demographics are different.

You are just a brainwashed Brit, and I am being nice. After WWI your government had so much fear of returning soldiers absolutely pissed about seeing their comrades die needlessly by the MILLIONS. Therefore out of fear of its own SUBJECTS Britain began harsh gun control that got worse, and worse. Yet you still have violent crime.

We have a Second Amendment so our government MUST fear us. If they don't fear us they will become tyrannical like yours. There is a reason we kicked your *sses out of here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:09 AM
 
1,420 posts, read 317,415 times
Reputation: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
THIRTY THOUSAND deaths says otherwise! What do you have to justify your argument?
You throwing suicides in there and not disclosing that? I'm shocked I tell you. Nothing like a leftist who wants to bend the stats to his argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top