Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2019, 08:24 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
It still wouldn't be remotely close lol, around 70 people get shot to death in the UK every year and that INCLUDES gang violence, how many people get shot to death every year in the US even when you don't include the gang violence? Thousands!
I don't think you're understanding that career criminals in the US don't give a crap about gun control laws. They are essentially useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 08:25 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
This is bollox spouted by 'gun nuts'! There is ONE simple fact - around 30,000+ people get shot to death every year in the US, that's THIRTY THOUSAND + - THIRTY THOUSAND. In the rest of the 1st world its around 100, in the UK its about 70!! A difference SO MASSIVE that you can't seriously argue against it without having your face laughed into! Its a SHAMEFUL amount of people and the US should be ashamed to have that kind of statistic and even more ashamed that it refuses to try and do anything about it! Especially when the answer is so bloody obvious!

Harvard is full of gun nuts (whatever those are) ? You must know of a different Harvard than I do.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:27 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Speaking of laughing in somebody's face ....

https://thefederalist.com/2018/04/13...y-gun-control/

How's that acid control coming?

There are quite a few things obvious to me that go right over your head. Now again, are you including suicides in your gun death numbers? My guess is that you won't answer because we already know the answer, now don't we.
But knife crime between the UK and US is practically identical!!?? so what's the irrelevant point you are trying to make?? Back to the actual topic here - why do you think you are TWO HUDRED AND FIFTY times more likely to get shot to death in the US than you are in the UK? Can you answer that question without talking about acid or cars or potatoes? Its a very simple answer - really it is!?

Old 08-15-2019, 08:27 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
That's simply not true, besides did you know that the rate of death by knives between the US and the UK is surprisingly similar? Now you tell me why that is? Pretty obvious wouldn't you say!?

Wait, what ? People kill each other in the UK ? I thought without guns it would be crime free utopia ?

Old 08-15-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
It IS true! lol 30,000+ compared to 70 hell lets say 100 - a VERY VERY big difference no?
And that number is LESS as the number of privately owned guns in the US has increased. The indisputable fact is that the more guns Americans own, the more the gun homicide and nonfatal gun crime rates decrease.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't think you're understanding that career criminals in the US don't give a crap about gun control laws. They are essentially useless.
What and you think that career criminals in the UK have 'better morals'!!? lol

Old 08-15-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And that number is LESS as the number of privately owned guns in the US has increased. The indisputable fact is that the more guns Americans own, the more the gun homicide and nonfatal gun crimes rates decrease.
But that DOESN'T explain why you are 250 times more likely to get shot to death in the US does it! Perhaps YOU can tell me why that is because nobody else seems to know (and it really is a very simple answer).

Old 08-15-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
What and you think that career criminals in the UK have 'better morals'!!? lol
They sure seem to be more willing to obey gun control laws, now, don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Harvard is full of gun nuts (whatever those are) ? You must know of a different Harvard than I do.
Gun nuts = people who refuse to see the 'bleedin obvious' even though the whole world can, people who value 'other' peoples lives with complete contempt, people who have been brainwashes since the day they were born about 'freedom' and '2nd amendments' - people that have an awful lot of blood on their hands.

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Interesting that the strongest proponents of common sense gun control are police forces and the leadership in our large cities. Law enforcement is getting tired of it.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...officers-shot/

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney:

“This government, both on federal and state level, don’t want to do anything about getting these guns off the streets and getting them out of the hands of criminals. This guy is clearly a criminal, he was a criminal — he had, apparently a long record which I’m not sure, I don’t have it in front of me — but has been involved in the criminal justice system before. And he was able to get these weapons and a large magazine, a large amount of bullets.

“So whether it’s our six officers who were shot or it’s some 15, 17, 20-year-old kid on the streets of Philadelphia who gets shot with guns that shouldn’t be in people’s hands, it’s aggravating, it’s saddening and it’s just something we need to do something about. And if the state and federal government don’t want to stand up to the NRA and some other folks, then let us police ourselves. But they preempt us on all kinds of gun control legislation.

Our officers deserve to be protected and they don’t deserve to be shot at by a guy for hours with an unlimited supply of weapons and an unlimited supply of bullets. So it’s disgusting and we have to do something about it”
Lol.

Really? The people in control with guns don't want the people they control to be armed?

Next thing you're going to tell me is that the Nazi SS didn't want Jews to have guns.

No, I'm not comparing our current police departments to Nazis; I'm saying that people in power want to ensure that power, and if it ever comes to a head, if those without power have no means to oppose those with power, the powerful can do whatever they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies