U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:59 AM

324 posts, read 111,165 times

Advertisements

I'd post signs breaking down how much a gallon of gas cost, and how much local, city, state and Fed taxes are added to it. But I think that is illegal to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:00 AM

10,076 posts, read 8,293,658 times
In the words of Charlie Brown,...Ēgood grief!Ē

Old Today, 07:02 AM

17,958 posts, read 19,931,071 times
Have you seen the liberals... They are crazy people, don't give them a reason to go ballistic like they have been this year...

Old Today, 07:02 AM

30,089 posts, read 16,619,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, they should get ready for what's coming and start installing fast charge facilities....Combine that with a restaurant. There are going to be far fewer stations needed though, as people will be charging their EVs at home as well....A friend just bought a Chevy Bolt, amazing little car. The only servicing required is occasional tire rotation...Range is 238 miles, and it's peppy as hell.
Considering the min. charge is a 1/2 hour, a restaurant is a good idea. No quick fill up and drive off without even ever going inside.

Old Today, 07:54 AM

9,794 posts, read 2,408,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If I was a gas station owner. I would do everything in my power to push back on a movement thatís basically trying to put me out of business over a hoax. To the life of me I donít understand why gas station owners havenít pushed back? Good idea? Bad idea?
You can do whatever you want, but if you had a business (any business) publicly denying human influenced climate change I would not patronize you unless I had no other options.

I don't like liars, and I don't like it when self interested business people perpetrate lies to line their pockets.

I didn't like it when the tobacco industry denied the dangers of smoking, and I didn't like it when the petrochemical industry denied human influenced climate change. Their self interested lies are reprehensible to me.

Oil industry knew of 'serious' climate concerns more than 45 years ago

Fortunately, the larger fossil fuel companies are starting to come clean and acknowledge what we already know. They are modifying their own business models and changing their investment strategies.

"We do not fund or support those who deny the reality of climate change.Ē
Richard Keil, Exxon spokesman

Old Today, 08:08 AM

35,482 posts, read 19,481,382 times
Quote:
Do you think Gas Station Owners should start placing info signs educating the public on the man made climate change hoax
Nope

But you clearly do.

Initiate your "education" campaign to require them to post your advisory.

Keep us updated.

Old Today, 08:08 AM

7,175 posts, read 5,036,873 times
Quote:
So what...why should I care about the portion of customers trying to put me out of business.
That's exactly what the Tobacco Industry said about the "Cancer Hoax".

I don't know, or care if they should be made to post warnings, but it's really a non-issue, and not worth your attention. Fact is that people, no matter what they believe, will still need to buy gas for the foreseeable future. It's probably good to educate them about the FACTUAL matter that the burning of carbon based energy has an impact. The labels will not cure the problem, but they, along with other initiatives will continue to raise awareness. With awareness (which I know your base seems to rail against), the consumer will evolve slowly over time, allowing markets to adjust. Better to let it be market driven than mandate driven. Warnings are better for business owners than a mandate to not sell gas anymore (like you see coming in some smaller countries).

The gas station owner doesn't need to lose sleep either. They wont be put out of business anytime soon. And as we migrate to alternative energies, they have the ability to adapt their business. That is the beauty of a free market. Do you want to be Uber or Yellow Cab in this scenario? Even the independent cab drivers have adapted, there is no reason independent business owners can't too.

Old Today, 08:10 AM

30,089 posts, read 16,619,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I'd post signs breaking down how much a gallon of gas cost, and how much local, city, state and Fed taxes are added to it. But I think that is illegal to do.
Problem with that is most people feel taxes all those taxes are legitimate. And curiously not too many complain about the fact that no entity makes more on a gallon of gas than the various govt agencies as they have zero investment In the manufacturing, transporting or marketing of it. Just like the mafia and any street tax it may impose.
Another win for govt education

Old Today, 08:12 AM

12,846 posts, read 10,070,758 times
Quote:
If I was a gas station owner. I would do everything in my power to push back on a movement thatís basically trying to put me out of business over a hoax. To the life of me I donít understand why gas station owners havenít pushed back? Good idea? Bad idea?
Sigh. We are all going to die miserably.

Old Today, 08:16 AM

3,191 posts, read 919,743 times
great idea....and put up a sign placing blame where it belongs....showing which countries have caused CO2 levels to go up

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ederations.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or