U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

27,487 posts, read 19,335,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And they have your Presidentís blessing. You must be so proud.
where is this 'blessing'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

4,721 posts, read 3,653,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Tweet from Virginia rep. Don Beyer:

Dictators love Trump: he does not criticize brutal regimes for human rights violations.
But why is a chinese crackdown on the increasingly lawlessness in Hong Kong a bad thing that requires trump to condemn ? Or why does he need to support it? Hong Kong is part of China and as such China has the sovereign right to maintain order and peace. The demonstration is getting out of hand and just yesterday two people, one of them a reporter from a Chinese news outlet were beaten at the HK airport by these supposed peaceful demonstrators. They are becoming violent and even as Hong Kong is suppose to run its own affairs, China cannot sit by and watch this sort of stuff happening on its territory. You guys talk like Hong Kong is some foreign country from China when it is part of China.

And why should china care what trump thinks about the issue? Who died and made the us the referee of the world? Give me a break.

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

7,178 posts, read 5,039,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But China is calling out the War Monger Hillary Clinton. The People's Republic of China Blames Hillary Clinton. Haha

The OP is burned again.
You are reposting a tweet from The People's Daily, the biggest newspaper group in China. The paper is an official newspaper of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.

I don't know if the OP is true or not, but I find it fascinating that someone who calls themselves an American will take the word of the Chinese Propaganda Machine OVER an elected US Representative. I would not argue if you said the claim is unsubstantiated and you'll wait for proof (you said that), but when you take the source that you did, and use it as a higher form of proof, you loose any credibility.

I still don't understand how Trump and (Some of) his base can continually side with our enemy, and still call themselves Americans.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

1,346 posts, read 270,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You are reposting a tweet from The People's Daily, the biggest newspaper group in China. The paper is an official newspaper of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.

I don't know if the OP is true or not, but I find it fascinating that someone who calls themselves an American will take the word of the Chinese Propaganda Machine OVER an elected US Representative. I would not argue if you said the claim is unsubstantiated and you'll wait for proof (you said that), but when you take the source that you did, and use it as a higher form of proof, you loose any credibility.

I still don't understand how Trump and (Some of) his base can continually side with our enemy, and still call themselves Americans.

And this US Representative knows this phone call happened how ?

You can't believe anyone these days.

LOL at "Chinese propaganda". You think we don't have that here ?

Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM

58,298 posts, read 41,275,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Tweet from Virginia rep. Don Beyer:

Dictators love Trump: he does not criticize brutal regimes for human rights violations.

Criticize? He adores dictators and is jealous of the power they wield over people despite having no mandate from the people they rule.

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

11,732 posts, read 2,903,575 times
I'm confused. You Loonies said Trump was Putin's puppet. Now you are saying Xi is Trump's puppet?

Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM

11,732 posts, read 2,903,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

LOL at "Chinese propaganda". You think we don't have that here ?

No, we have American leftist propaganda aka mainstream media

Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM

4,721 posts, read 3,653,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Hillary did post this and itís consistent with the American liberal stances to demonize China and create chaos and color revolution whenever possible against China. Hkís demonstrations are now deemed a terrorist color revolution attempt to destabilize China. Crackdown will follow and the US wonít be able to do anything about it because China has nukes.

Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM

9,808 posts, read 2,411,839 times
Trump Gave China Green Light to Crack Down Against Hong Kong Freedom Fighters

This is basically correct. He could have given moral support, even if other options were not available. We are still the world's champions of democracy. Instead he publicly called the demonstrations riots and makes no attempt at encouraging restraint by the Chinese government. Trump knows how to dog whistle, and the Chinese can hear it.

No fan of Reagan here, but this is clearly not the party of Reagan anymore. The gipper would have made a stirring speech and warning on the people of Hong Kong's behalf we could all be proud of.

Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM

9,808 posts, read 2,411,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm confused.
What else is new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You Loonies said Trump was Putin's puppet. Now you are saying Xi is Trump's puppet?
I don't see anyone saying that.

I think Trump wants the Chinese to know he will not be a problem to them and they have a free hand, so China will go easier on him in coming trade negotiations and he will (hopefully) look like less of a doofus to his supporters. It's called pump-priming.

After all, the Christmas season is coming ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or