U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:11 PM

3,921 posts, read 1,531,967 times

Advertisements

"China actually is acting slower than I figured they would."
same here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:12 PM

5,663 posts, read 2,085,217 times
So now conservatives support hardline communists and leave pro-democracy freedom fighters hanging.
I think I've seen it all.

Old Today, 01:13 PM

9,920 posts, read 2,752,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So, HK belong to china. Whatís wrong with controlling whatís yours? If people donít like the fact that HK belong to china they can leave HK.... no one is stopping them.
China doesn't control anything. People and communities are have rights and human responsibility that exceed political domination.

Your world view is wrapped in confusion about power and where it comes from.

Old Today, 01:14 PM

1,340 posts, read 270,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
So now conservatives support hardline communists and leave pro-democracy freedom fighters hanging.
I think I've seen it all.
"freedom fighters" ?

yeah...that's what ISIS was called at one time..remember ?

Old Today, 01:15 PM

9,920 posts, read 2,752,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
China actually is acting slower than I figured they would.
Its not 1989 anymore, they are worried about international coverage. Also their own people have internet and friends that live abroad.

The government has to be careful. If I were them I would stick to discrediting the protesters until they are irrelevant.

The best way to support authoritarianism is through a passive and indifferent population, not a terrorized or subjugated one.

Old Today, 01:22 PM

16,313 posts, read 9,180,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So, HK belong to china. Whatís wrong with controlling whatís yours? If people donít like the fact that HK belong to china they can leave HK.... no one is stopping them.
LOL... no one is stopping them? you mean like the freaking Chinese communists that are stopping them?

geez

Old Today, 01:23 PM

16,313 posts, read 9,180,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
China doesn't control anything. People and communities are have rights and human responsibility that exceed political domination.

Your world view is wrapped in confusion about power and where it comes from.
people don't have rights in china. china just kills people that want stuff the chi-coms say they cant have.

Old Today, 01:23 PM

3,544 posts, read 1,392,384 times
Chuck Fina.

Old Today, 01:24 PM

23,703 posts, read 12,507,533 times
When we start using China propaganda to support our arguments....we know we are so low....wow.

Old Today, 01:25 PM

1,340 posts, read 270,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
people don't have rights in china. china just kills people that want stuff the chi-coms say they cant have.
But it's not up to the US, nor the people here in the US to make those decisions.

We don't call the shots for the world. Because if we did then one day some other country will do it to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or