U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2019, 01:28 PM
 
743 posts, read 130,251 times
Reputation: 705

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Pulling a gun on children fundraising is normal????

Pulling a gun because of statistical evidence that a particular type of person commits violent crimes at a higher rate than everyone else appears to a normal response for those defending the woman's reaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2019, 01:58 PM
 
4,586 posts, read 943,755 times
Reputation: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Pulling a gun because of statistical evidence that a particular type of person commits violent crimes at a higher rate than everyone else appears to a normal response for those defending the woman's reaction.
Wow... I would not want to live in your world.

I'm happy to live in an place where different races and ethnic groups do not feel the first thing they need to do is a pull a gun, never mind, feel they need to own one. And I own a number, none of them handguns, which I use to target shoot and hunt.

I don't want or need one for "Self-defense". Never did, never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 02:20 PM
 
743 posts, read 130,251 times
Reputation: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Wow... I would not want to live in your world.

I'm happy to live in an place where different races and ethnic groups do not feel the first thing they need to do is a pull a gun, never mind, feel they need to own one. And I own a number, none of them handguns, which I use to target shoot and hunt.

I don't want or need one for "Self-defense". Never did, never will.

My post was simply giving an opinion on the woman's reaction and those defending her. Several have stated that they would do the same if a similar group of young teens knocked on their door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 02:21 PM
 
48,864 posts, read 45,866,598 times
Reputation: 15537
Anyone who would tried to justify pulling a gun on 4 teenagers for no other reason than goofing around is sick-minded and of an evil mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 02:29 PM
 
7,509 posts, read 2,705,569 times
Reputation: 2956
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Pulling a gun because of statistical evidence that a particular type of person commits violent crimes at a higher rate than everyone else appears to a normal response for those defending the woman's reaction.
So then Asians should pull a gun on whites since whites have a higher murder rate than Asians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 02:48 PM
 
48,864 posts, read 45,866,598 times
Reputation: 15537
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So then Asians should pull a gun on whites since whites have a higher murder rate than Asians.
I would like to hear said person's perspective on that. Is it going to remain fair across the board, or is it only going to apply to Blacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 04:02 PM
 
5,207 posts, read 2,650,810 times
Reputation: 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone who would tried to justify pulling a gun on 4 teenagers for no other reason than goofing around is sick-minded and of an evil mindset.
Ask those guys who they voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 07:52 PM
 
4,586 posts, read 943,755 times
Reputation: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
My post was simply giving an opinion on the woman's reaction and those defending her. Several have stated that they would do the same if a similar group of young teens knocked on their door.
Do you not see the sickness in that mindset?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
6,988 posts, read 6,289,115 times
Reputation: 6276
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone who would tried to justify pulling a gun on 4 teenagers for no other reason than goofing around is sick-minded and of an evil mindset.
I usually pull my wallet on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2019, 09:55 PM
 
16,812 posts, read 14,214,769 times
Reputation: 20722
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You don't know that. You made an ignorant statement. You have zero facts to back up anything you just said!
I was responding to someone who said “I wonder” it’s literally right there in my post, I quoted it. So I have my opinion. I can support it by a whole list of cases showing very similar circumstances I which the police shot the black person holding the gun even when they were the “good guy” unlike the woman in this case. Let’s start with this one, the shooting of Jemel Robeson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top