Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 12:35 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because that is the subject at hand.
No actually, it’s not. Stay on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 12:49 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Given the facts as presented, it seems likely that this woman:

1. Hates young black men, and was just itching for a chance to blow some of them away.
2. Feels that all young black men are hoodlums, and was being proactive by pulling a gun on them right away and holding them at bay until the police could arrive.
3. Is crazy to the point that she perceived a group of fundraising kids to be a threat on par with terrorists or space aliens.

But just to play devil's advocate, let's consider another possibility. Maybe these teenagers were acting belligerent. Maybe she told them no, she didn't want to donate; and they started getting in her face and acting intimidating. This is not entirely unprecedented, either with young black men or with football players (of any race). She may have felt threatened by their behavior or their demeanor, and decided that she'd rather not take the chance of becoming a victim.

In any case, thankfully no one was hurt. The justice system will sort it all out.
She pulled the gun on them as they walked up her driveway. After she ordered them on the ground, she asked them what they were doing. They tried to explain, to show her the discount cards they were selling, but she told them not to move. They waited until the police came, and then explained to the police what they were doing. The police gave them rides home.

In her defense, Wynne, AR, might be a small town, but it does have a lot of crime for a town of about 8,000. And given her husband's job at the jail, she's very aware of all that crime. I don't believe the teens gave her cause to pull a gun on them, but her fear of crime overtook her good sense. The irony of course is that her own actions added to the crime rates for the town and county she lives in.

Old 08-16-2019, 12:54 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
My grandmothers neighbors get out guns when they see black solicitors, I’m not kidding. Frankly, it’s sad how racist some people continue to be in 2019.
Nice story bro.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:00 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
An ugly woman - inside and out. Yet another reason never to live in Arkansas.
Wow, that's a little harsh towards the entire state don't you think?

Plus, she lost to Trump in 2016 so piling on is a little harsh.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
My grandmothers neighbors get out guns when they see black solicitors, I’m not kidding. Frankly, it’s sad how racist some people continue to be in 2019.
Yeah, the guy that ran a bar near where I work got shot by a serial killer while out walking his dog. Guy had hunted down 4-5 old white guys before they caught him.

It's interesting how that story only made national news on a few networks but this womans wrongdoing and arrest seems to have been bigger news somehow.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow, that's a little harsh towards the entire state don't you think?

Plus, she lost to Trump in 2016 so piling on is a little harsh.
You ever been to Arkansas?

And get your Hillary fetish on somewhere else. This thread isn't about her.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
It's a state where blacks are less likely to be murdered than in Illinois.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:

And get your Hillary fetish on somewhere else. This thread isn't about her.
I mentioned her sweetie because you seem to forget in your bashing of the entire state that she used to be their first lady. So yes, you made it about her but my joke pretending you were talking about Hillary went over your head.

Please regale us with your knowledge of Arkansas and extensive travels there.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I mentioned her sweetie because you seem to forget in your bashing of the entire state that she used to be their first lady. So yes, you made it about her but my joke pretending you were talking about Hillary went over your head.

Please regale us with your knowledge of Arkansas and extensive travels there.
That’s because the joke made no sense.

Last edited by thefragile; 08-16-2019 at 01:43 PM..

Old 08-16-2019, 01:41 PM

167 posts, read 335,125 times
Maybe she's just REALLY serious about that "No Solicitation" sign on her door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies