Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 12:01 AM

18,919 posts, read 14,106,901 times

Advertisements

And then there's reverse racism - the expectation that white folks should donate money to blacks.
How many black families donated to the four lads?
Better not think about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 12:09 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,573,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
And then there's reverse racism - the expectation that white folks should donate money to blacks.
How many black families donated to the four lads?
Better not think about that.
Why would you EVER presume that? Really, what part of your psyche drives your comment?

Old 08-18-2019, 12:20 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,080,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
But many justify over-reaction because of black crime statistics and what they see on the news. They just don't see blacks in the news or in statistics. Those stats add up to 50%-90% black crime, depends on whose telling it. If there's four kids who just happen to be black, that means at least 2 or 3 of those 4 kids are criminals.

So, if 3 out of 4 are seen as criminals, none of us should be surprised that one the greatest challenges they will face throughout their lives is not being able to market themselves or what they are selling as trustworthy.
Yes I think so. I can see almost any headline and accurately predict the criminals were black. I just read a story today about 4 teens breaking into an elderly mans house and he killed one. I thought they’re black and they were. They all had substantial rap sheets too for their ages all under 18. It also seems even if it’s an incident where the black is the victim usually the criminal if they are charged is white, and the media plays up dramatically the fact they are white. When it’s black on black nothing is said.
So yes younger blacks that are decent and hardworking and ambitious are stereotyped as being a criminal because so many blacks are or are portrayed that way.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:24 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,176,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So then Asians should pull a gun on whites since whites have a higher murder rate than Asians.
If whites are reported in statistics and in the news for a high rate of criminal behavior against Asians and Asian businesses, suppose that could happen.

Again, I am not defending anyone, I'm simply pointing out the reality of how these people come to their conclusions and why they react the way they do. They don't see themselves as having a sick mindset, they see themselves as right.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:26 AM

4,130 posts, read 2,822,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Yes I think so. I can see almost any headline and accurately predict the criminals were black. I just read a story today about 4 teens breaking into an elderly mans house and he killed one. I thought they’re black and they were. They all had substantial rap sheets too for their ages all under 18. It also seems even if it’s an incident where the black is the victim usually the criminal if they are charged is white, and the media plays up dramatically the fact they are white. When it’s black on black nothing is said.
So yes younger blacks that are decent and hardworking and ambitious are stereotyped as being a criminal because so many blacks are or are portrayed that way.
lol

Old 08-18-2019, 12:32 AM

3,603 posts, read 1,641,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Crazy woman pulls gun, gets arrested, went to jail.

Newspaper takes the opportunity to turn it into a Whitey IS Racist event.

Remember, We are all racist now.
A lot are racist...normalized and mainstream now like Germany in the 1930's.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:36 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,841,346 times
Quote:
I'm not defending the mindset. It exists. It is how many people think and will react. That mindset, no matter the sickness, is the reality in many more places than anyone cares to admit.
The mindset is not entirely irrational. Not only is the violent crime rate higher depending on the race also the interracial violent crime rate differs. Half of the time a black violent crime offender offends against a non-black victim. Whereas whites when they commit violent crime it's rarely against a black victim and usually a white person.

Believe it or not a lot of people have been or known of a victim of violent crime. All of the violent crime committed against people I personally know has been by black perpetrators.

I would go so far to say black people feel more "threatened" or "alarmed" by black people they encounter than they do whites.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:42 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,841,346 times
Quote:
If whites are reported in statistics and in the news for a high rate of criminal behavior against Asians and Asian businesses, suppose that could happen.

Again, I am not defending anyone, I'm simply pointing out the reality of how these people come to their conclusions and why they react the way they do. They don't see themselves as having a sick mindset, they see themselves as right.
I know what you're saying. Some people just want to blame everything on white "racism".

A lot of people like I said have been victim of violent crime by a black perpetrator or personally know of people who have.

If there is a bias or some people overreact its not based on just nothing but prejudice.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:16 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,573,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I know what you're saying. Some people just want to blame everything on white "racism".

A lot of people like I said have been victim of violent crime by a black perpetrator or personally know of people who have.

If there is a bias or some people overreact its not based on just nothing but prejudice.
Really?

Black on black and white on white violent crime is the norm. You are spreading falsehoods. The incidents of black on white crime is minimal. Do you need references for this?

In fact, hate crimes were predominately committed by white Americans.

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation Uniform Crime Report database, in 2010 58.6% of reported hate crime offenders were white, 18.4% of offenders were black, 8.9% were of individuals of multiple races and 1% of offenders were Native Americans.

Source:https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2010/...2010-offenders

Old 08-18-2019, 01:35 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,080,960 times
Quote:
The mindset is not entirely irrational. Not only is the violent crime rate higher depending on the race also the interracial violent crime rate differs. Half of the time a black violent crime offender offends against a non-black victim. Whereas whites when they commit violent crime it's rarely against a black victim and usually a white person.

Believe it or not a lot of people have been or known of a victim of violent crime. All of the violent crime committed against people I personally know has been by black perpetrators.

I would go so far to say black people feel more "threatened" or "alarmed" by black people they encounter than they do whites.
Quote:

Yes I believe there is something to this. Not everything is about race but about experiences people have had. But yes some people do over react like Zimmerman and that lady pulling a gun on that couple in the trailer park campground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies