Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 04:05 AM

37,941 posts, read 17,747,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Guess you were never a kid.
Guess you never were taught to respect property rights and stay off of peoples property when you don't know them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Only a complete psychotic would pull a gun in some kids just hanging around in their yard or driveway.
Agreed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2019, 09:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,494,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
THIS is what is wrong with America.

I have firearms, I hunt, I target shoot, and I collect. Never in my life have I ever, ever considered to want to have a gun for "self-defence", and certainly not for "just in case".

What is the matter with you people? I leave my doors unlocked whether I am in the bald assed prairie in the summer/fall, or in my Florida condo in the winter/spring, unless I am not at home.

The fear factor way too many gun owners display is beyond my comprehension. No wonder the USA has the highest gun deaths in the developed world, and among the top 3 of the whole world. Mexico, Venezuela, Columbia, all are much, much less.

Stop the insanity of "need to have a gun".
Thank you, THANK YOU for being a voice of reason. You put it so plain & simply. The amount of paranoia in this country is staggering.

Old 08-20-2019, 09:21 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,557,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
People do have to sometimes defend themselves with a gun. In most cases I'm personally aware of a gun being pulled caused the attacker(s) to flee and no one got hurt. While the odds or low anyone will have to defend themselves with a gun, when you need to, you really need to.
And you see nothing wrong with the mindset that one "needs one just in case"? I just don't get it. So many people die in the USA because of the easy access to all sorts of firearms, and the mindset of shoot fast, shoot first, and shoot to kill, then ask questions.

Insanity. I truly don't see why, and I like my firearms, but can't fathom viewing people as targets.

Old 08-20-2019, 12:46 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,234,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Crazy woman pulls gun, gets arrested, went to jail.

Newspaper takes the opportunity to turn it into a Whitey IS Racist event.

Remember, We are all racist now.
Actually in this case I would question your take on the article. Yes, race was mentioned but toward the end or at least 1/2 way through the article. I live here in AR and I did not take it as any attempt to turn this into a racial event or issue.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:51 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,747,261 times
Just an update, Kelly and her husband have moved, and he's resigned from his job.

https://newsone.com/3884899/arkansas...n-jerri-kelly/

Old 08-28-2019, 09:34 PM

25,370 posts, read 17,029,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
Oh, yes.
I have had youngsters come to the door "looking for work".
In more remote areas, they will pull up in the driveway and honk the horn. If someone responds they drive away.
If these were children, there would have been an adult driving them around. When children come to the door selling this or that there is always an adult hovering nearby in a vehicle.

She over-reacted. But she looks like the type who would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Interesting. Sounds more than a little "urban legend"-ish to me.....
It's not an urban legend.
Here's the recent story of exactly what I am talking about. A thug comes to the door and rings the doorbell. No one comes to the door so he breaks in. If the door had been opened, the thug would have had an excuse and just left. In this case the homeowner had a gun and just chose to not open the door.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-gran...r-gun-intruder

Old 09-05-2019, 01:08 PM

2,828 posts, read 817,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Well then, any time you see four youths together, you pull your gun to make a statement or either do some physical damage.. I suppose that's a normal reaction. Can't blame anyone then for not bothering to get along.
I have no clue what you just said.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Are you actually claiming that 90% of all black people are criminals? Are you insane?

There are more than 37 million black people in this country. You really think 33 million of them are criminals?

Right off the bat 6% of them are going to be under the age of 5. Another 16% are senior citizens. So if you are correct every single black person over the age of 5 up to the age of 65 are criminals and half of the senior citizens. Additionally there are over 100K black police officers in the US, for your stats to be right, they must all be criminals. Another 300K members of the military who are black would also have to be criminals.

So, maybe stop making crap up?
You are aware that blacks disproportionately commit 50% of all crimes and are only 13% of the population. Maybe thats why people get a little nervous.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:18 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,523,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I love Roku. I was watching the newscast the other day. Obviously she screwed up big time. She was arrested. We have kids selling these things as well where i live. According to other people in the community the kids there fund raise often. She over reacted and gave ammunition to those who look to exploit racism as a political tool.
"Gave ammunition?" I like your metaphor!

Old 09-05-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If the races had been reversed, the black woman holding the gun on the white teens would have been shot before the police had stopped the car all the way.
Fearmonger much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies