U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-28-2019, 05:57 AM
 
37,934 posts, read 16,406,514 times
Reputation: 8595

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Don't worry. Even though the majority of folks want an assault weapons ban, Trump and the NRA will see to it that it doesn't happen. As will the rest of the Republicans, although their constituents are for it. Shame there is no representation anymore.
" Even though the majority of folks want an assault weapons ban," ONLY in your dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:01 AM
 
Location: USA
18,996 posts, read 9,253,890 times
Reputation: 14306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" if we could get a ban on the high caliper clips. That's where the key lies." B.S.

If 1, 2, 3 or more "bad" guys break into your house and EACH have 15 round mags, how are you going to defend yourself, hen you only have 5?

Some CAN'T think beyond their OWN biases.
The criminals will have any size magazines they want. Only the law abiding will follow the law.

We are already at a huge disadvantage to criminals as they have the surprise factor. They KNOW when they are going to break into your house or place of business. They also may have superior numbers. Three or four armed men, possible hopped up on drugs is difficult opposition. They good news is that they are often cowards, and will run at the sign of a good guy with a gun. However, that doesn't always happen, so you need all the rounds you can get. People can often take multiple rounds and still be a threat to you. They may bleed out later, but then you're too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:04 AM
 
37,934 posts, read 16,406,514 times
Reputation: 8595
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
We already had an assault weapon ban back in 1994, so it's not exactly unprecedented. It survived several constitutional challenges, but not the politics.
" It survived several constitutional challenges," BECAUSE the SC had MORE dem nominees.

We will see what happens if Trump gets 1 more of HIS nominees on the court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:09 AM
 
37,934 posts, read 16,406,514 times
Reputation: 8595
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I couldn't find anywhere in it that says it is an assault rifle/weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:12 AM
 
37,934 posts, read 16,406,514 times
Reputation: 8595
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The one i posted was responsible for the Sandy Hook massacre. You think these devises should be readily available for the public? i dont .
Just goes to show your LACK of knowledge about guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:14 AM
 
37,934 posts, read 16,406,514 times
Reputation: 8595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
When I think of an assault weapon I think of catapults, battle axes, battering rams etc.. I don't think of semi automatic rifles..





Don't they know that Black Guns Matter ?


Everyone is in such a rush to ban certain types of guns because they look scary.

I'm more afraid of the 29 shootings this past weekend with 6 fatalities that took place in Chicago.

Why don't we ever hear any outrage from the Left when there is a mass shooting every weekend in these big dangerous cities? Don't the democrats care about poor people that are often black living in these crime ridden neighborhoods?



The Dems only seem to care when it is white people being shot. Who are the real racists here?
"Why don't we ever hear any outrage from the Left when there is a mass shooting every weekend in these big dangerous cities?"


Because it is black on black and the liberal media will NOT say ANYTHING negative about blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:18 AM
 
37,934 posts, read 16,406,514 times
Reputation: 8595
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Do honestly believe that it makes much of a difference what kind of gun it is if a maniac goes into school and attacks young kids in a classroom with no way to escape and unarmed teachers? The outcome will be the same.
Ignorant gun grabbers IGNORE that with a little practice you can fir a LOT of bullets using a 6 shot revolver with speed loads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:25 AM
 
37,934 posts, read 16,406,514 times
Reputation: 8595
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well regulated, means TRAINED
"well regulated, means TRAINED"


At the time the Constitution was witten, "well regulated" meant, "IN GOOD WORKING ORDER", which HAS BEEN explain probably HUNDREDS of times on this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:28 AM
 
37,934 posts, read 16,406,514 times
Reputation: 8595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't think that 500,000 Iraqis were terrorists or that killing them was common sense.

There were and are an awful lot of terrorists in Saudi Arabia, including the majority of the 9/11 killers--but for some reason we're just giving them more weapons. Lots of common sense there. Go figure.
"There were and are an awful lot of terrorists in Saudi Arabia,"


There were and are an awful lot of bad guys in the U.S. does that make ALL Americans bad people?


People shold STOP using ALL inclusive verbiage.It makes them look silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2019, 06:32 AM
 
Location: USA
18,996 posts, read 9,253,890 times
Reputation: 14306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"well regulated, means TRAINED"


At the time the Constitution was witten, "well regulated" meant, "IN GOOD WORKING ORDER", which HAS BEEN explain probably HUNDREDS of times on this site.
They just don't get it. The Supreme Court ruled the 2A is an individual right. There are no requirements to be in an unorganized, or organized militia. However, as you say well regulated was means what you say it means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top