U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 08:38 AM
 
13,900 posts, read 9,480,987 times
Reputation: 4523

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Florida was cooler in July .. and June was too.
Our temps were above normal for june and july in FL. At least in my city. Look at all the above normal days vs cooler days in the Tampa area since the last 8 years and see what wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 08:41 AM
 
Location: The South
5,335 posts, read 3,697,258 times
Reputation: 8104
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
How many times over the past decade have you heard of temperature records being broken? It seems every year, every summer, there is news of some month breaking the record for the hottest ever, and a month later, the record is broken. This record is likely to be broken next summer.



https://www.noaa.gov/news/july-2019-...ord-for-planet
I like hot weather. Just seems like a normal July.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:47 AM
 
Location: 125 Years Too Late...
10,943 posts, read 10,638,109 times
Reputation: 9605
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's Official: July 2019 The Hottest Month in Recorded World History
So the deceptive statisticians at Big Warming get a blue ribbon this month for being more deceptive than usual. Notice they put the all-inclusive term "World History" as an oh-my-godder and then they put "Recorded" in front of that in an attempt to be "accurate" without revealing the implications of that "accuracy" whilst still getting an oh-my-god-we're-all-burning-up out of the masses.

What they failed to state or imply is that "Recorded World History" as far as accurately recorded data comprises of less than about one one hundredth of one one hundredth of a percent of this planet's timeline. So, yeah, kudos to the deceivers once again in using a drop in a bucket to predict the behavior of Lake Superior. They deserve a blue ribbon.

Last edited by ChrisC; Today at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,646 posts, read 20,250,232 times
Reputation: 8467
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post



That's great KS_Referee...now prepare to be completely ignored by the warmers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Prepperland
13,823 posts, read 9,929,338 times
Reputation: 9957
In the bubbling pot of atmosphere, screaming alarms over peak bubbles, while ignoring the overall thermal capacity of said atmosphere is one of the reasons why AGCC/AGW is a hoax and humbug.

WHY BE SKEPTICAL?
The proponents of AGCC / AGW are con men or useful idiots.

If "the money" really believed that oceans would rise, they'd be selling off oceanfront property or surrounding it with polders, levees and dikes. Mountain retreats would be selling like hotcakes. Governments would be shifting subsidy from the automobile / petroleum / highway hegemony, to electric traction rail - the most efficient form of land transport (90% fuel savings). All housing would be built with superinsulation, thus minimizing the consumption of resources to maintain comfort. And to minimize the cost from natural disasters, construct disaster resistant resilient structures and homes, as a rule, not an exception.

But.They're.Not.
They're trying to tax air and sequester carbon - a joke if ever.

Coincidentally, all the ALARMS and dire predictions made since the 1970s, have yet to come true. Curious, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:42 AM
 
16,065 posts, read 4,242,983 times
Reputation: 11422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
What they failed to state or imply is that "Recorded World History" as far as accurately recorded data comprises of less than about one one hundredth of one one hundredth of a percent of this planet's timeline. So, yeah, kudos to the deceivers once again in using a drop in a bucket to predict the behavior of Lake Superior. They deserve a blue ribbon.
Ah, so you favor including the many times when Humans could not survive?

Crazy talk. Next you will tell us ancient humans may have lived 150+ years...and that the chart showing our lifespans increase with education and civilization and science...that's WRONG....because it's only in the records that they have!

Right????

"More water is polluted than ever in recorded history"
"Trump is the most unpopular POTUS on an average daily basis than any other in recorded history"
"There are more humans on the earth today than ever in recorded history"
"There is more man-made space junk and debris in orbit then every before"

Well, it is just possible that another set of humanoids or aliens were here billions of years ago and had space junk......

Pollution isn't real. Nah. Pay no attention to the millions of diseased humans due to it...or the deaths and suffering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:46 AM
 
16,065 posts, read 4,242,983 times
Reputation: 11422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
. All housing would be built with superinsulation, thus minimizing the consumption of resources to maintain comfort. And to minimize the cost from natural disasters, construct disaster resistant resilient structures and homes, as a rule, not an exception.
Curious, eh?
Just heard the story yesterday how the Builders in CA. finally listened to the Fire Marshall and codes were upgraded in the 90's - and the newer houses DIDN'T BURN in the most recent fires.

My car get's 400% the MPG of earlier models.

A new house built in wealthy New England will use 1/4 the amount of Energy that an older one did.

Houses built near many coasts are up on high pilings and able to withstand amazing forces - and the insurance rates are still sky-high.

Curious, eh? Thanks for pointing out the fact that we have changed to reflect realities. However, one political point of view favors less efficiency and planning and productivity. Maybe they are the "useful" you referred to?

Don't you long for those time before Nader when vastly more people were horribly injured and killed in cars? It's a good thing that many believe in moving mankind forward....or we'd be in big trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:52 AM
 
Location: 125 Years Too Late...
10,943 posts, read 10,638,109 times
Reputation: 9605
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ah, so you favor including the many times when Humans could not survive?

Crazy talk. Next you will tell us ancient humans may have lived 150+ years...and that the chart showing our lifespans increase with education and civilization and science...that's WRONG....because it's only in the records that they have!

Right????

"More water is polluted than ever in recorded history"
"Trump is the most unpopular POTUS on an average daily basis than any other in recorded history"
"There are more humans on the earth today than ever in recorded history"
"There is more man-made space junk and debris in orbit then every before"

Well, it is just possible that another set of humanoids or aliens were here billions of years ago and had space junk......

Pollution isn't real. Nah. Pay no attention to the millions of diseased humans due to it...or the deaths and suffering.
Of course I favor including the timeline of earth's history when humans could not survive or they were not around. You do understand that the human species isn't much in the scheme of the entire universe, right?

Actually, that comment tells a lot about your thought process. You wish to exclude climate data of earth's history simply because humans were not present... or, more likely, because it contains inconvenient facts about wild shifts in the climate that couldn't possibly have been caused by humans. The earth has experienced "global warming" many, MANY times in the past. Even before man. And yes, it's relevant to the argument... thus you want to pitch it out because it is damning to YOUR argument.

As for the rest of your post... do you stock a full freezer of red herring or only half a freezer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,817 posts, read 14,508,361 times
Reputation: 14973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I like hot weather. Just seems like a normal July.
We are not talking about the weather in the United States, we are talking about the world's average temperature for July. The world's temperature, not the United States. The temperature has been very reasonable this summer in the midwest, much of that could be a result of above average precipitation of the Spring months, I'm not sure. There is a video posted upthread about some guy claiming how much hotter it has been in July in previous years in the United States. Immaterial. We are factoring in record breaking temperatures in North Africa, India, Europe, and the poles, including Alaska, which has been breaking its own records, to calculate an average termpature.

Climate change is much more extreme at the poles, where no one lives. It will still affect us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:11 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,357 posts, read 4,255,835 times
Reputation: 7919
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We are not talking about the weather in the United States, we are talking about the world's average temperature for July. The world's temperature, not the United States. The temperature has been very reasonable this summer in the midwest, much of that could be a result of above average precipitation of the Spring months, I'm not sure. There is a video posted upthread about some guy claiming how much hotter it has been in July in previous years in the United States. Immaterial. We are factoring in record breaking temperatures in North Africa, India, Europe, and the poles, including Alaska, which has been breaking its own records, to calculate an average termpature.

Climate change is much more extreme at the poles, where no one lives. It will still affect us all.
There's pretty much no reasoning with people who believe this.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBC4O5aNR0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top