U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Florida/Tennessee
3,034 posts, read 4,435,147 times
Reputation: 1707

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Tony Heller AKA Steven Goddard is an electrical engineer, not a climate scientist....He is a fraud.
Climate changes ... check. Weather changes.... check. Politics corrupts science... check. Imagine a person calling "fraud" who is politically motivated. Think about that. Engineers are scientists, the science of numbers and numbers, are the science of logic.

If you're not doing what you say everyone else SHOULD be doing.... then who's the fraud?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Boston, MA
11,847 posts, read 8,415,346 times
Reputation: 5886
Recorded world history? Tell us ofanny, when did recorded world history begin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Florida/Tennessee
3,034 posts, read 4,435,147 times
Reputation: 1707
We need an additional 1.6k of terawatts of energy to our existing grid for just electric vehicles. This wont cut it.
It's Official: July 2019 The Hottest Month in Recorded World History-electric.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:37 AM
 
4,908 posts, read 991,480 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Climate changes ... check. Weather changes.... check. Politics corrupts science... check. Imagine a person calling "fraud" who is politically motivated. Think about that. Engineers are scientists, the science of numbers and numbers, are the science of logic.

If you're not doing what you say everyone else SHOULD be doing.... then who's the fraud?
Engineers are not scientists... they use applied science in a very narrow band of expertise. They do not use the scientific method.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:50 AM
 
5,546 posts, read 3,118,371 times
Reputation: 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Climate changes ... check. Weather changes.... check. Politics corrupts science... check. Imagine a person calling "fraud" who is politically motivated. Think about that. Engineers are scientists, the science of numbers and numbers, are the science of logic.

If you're not doing what you say everyone else SHOULD be doing.... then who's the fraud?
Hes also a joke within the denier community..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:42 AM
 
19,864 posts, read 12,486,122 times
Reputation: 10993
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Engineers are not scientists... they use applied science in a very narrow band of expertise. They do not use the scientific method.
That is absolutely false and absurd.


Of course an engineer is a "scientist".


So are physicians, biologists, chemists, botanists, physicists, geologists, anthropologists, physiologists, pharmacologists, physiologists, ect...........................


Apparently you have never taken any engineering courses in your life, otherwise you would know the difference. So you really believe that engineers do not conduct any scientific experiments or study any scientific endeavors? Is thermodynamics a part of science that applies to climate? How about fluid mechanics? How about interaction of energy with gases, liquids, and solids?


A GREAT DEAL of the "science" of climate involves the science of engineering.


The AGW cult referring to those who question their very flawed premise as "deniers" is a departure from the basics of science, which welcome further inquiry and skepticism regarding a hypothesis. In no other scientific venue are those who question a hypothesis referred to as "deniers". Such labeling is, however, quite common in cults.


AGW is a cult and is the opposite of valid science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,976 posts, read 14,584,132 times
Reputation: 15141
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I don't believe in the climate change narrative because the only people we hear from are those giving or getting payment.
So you believe your eyes are lying?

Got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:00 PM
 
4,908 posts, read 991,480 times
Reputation: 2688
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is absolutely false and absurd.


Of course an engineer is a "scientist".


So are physicians, biologists, chemists, botanists, physicists, geologists, anthropologists, physiologists, pharmacologists, physiologists, ect...........................


Apparently you have never taken any engineering courses in your life, otherwise you would know the difference. So you really believe that engineers do not conduct any scientific experiments or study any scientific endeavors? Is thermodynamics a part of science that applies to climate? How about fluid mechanics? How about interaction of energy with gases, liquids, and solids?


A GREAT DEAL of the "science" of climate involves the science of engineering.


The AGW cult referring to those who question their very flawed premise as "deniers" is a departure from the basics of science, which welcome further inquiry and skepticism regarding a hypothesis. In no other scientific venue are those who question a hypothesis referred to as "deniers". Such labeling is, however, quite common in cults.


AGW is a cult and is the opposite of valid science.
No, engineers are NOT scientists. They use what scientists have shown for their work. Just like electricians do.

They don't do research, they do not write academic papers on new "engineering discoveries", nor do they follow the scientific method in their work.

I'm sorry that you don't understand the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:02 PM
 
5,546 posts, read 3,118,371 times
Reputation: 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
No, engineers are NOT scientists. They use what scientists have shown for their work. Just like electricians do.

They don't do research, they do not write academic papers on new "engineering discoveries", nor do they follow the scientific method in their work.

I'm sorry that you don't understand the difference.
Your just a cultist! *long rambling paragraph
/s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:05 PM
 
3,394 posts, read 981,839 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So you believe your eyes are lying?

Got it.
You can see CO2 too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top