U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,148,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It doesn't sound as though you've read very many of her posts. She would love to have a 'blue state country' that people from red states could, in one way or another, be excluded from.
Not exactly. She would like to have a "certain-kind-of-blue-state country." People from "blue" areas like Detroit and Memphis and the blue-collar precints of Pittsburgh need not apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM

12,721 posts, read 3,973,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No I’m an independent and I loathe paying for drunk-a$$ hillbilly’s that won’t work. They suck money out of my wallet so they can drink and shoot the empty beer cans, lol.
You don't have taxes, welfare and people on welfare in the state you live now?

Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM
Status: "Hey I thought this was the train to Margaritaville?" (set 25 days ago)

11,973 posts, read 15,616,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You don't have taxes, welfare and people on welfare in the state you live now?
Not to the extent it was in WV. Not even close.

MT has one of the highest rates of entrepreneurs in the nation. WV one of the least.

Night and day.

Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Not exactly. She would like to have a "certain-kind-of-blue-state country." People from "blue" areas like Detroit and Memphis and the blue-collar precints of Pittsburgh need not apply.
Exactly, she wouldn't want to take all the democrats off our hands to the blue-state country.

Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Grand idea- kick out the far left and far right and let the rest of us manage affairs.

Whacky right!!??

Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,148,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

In Denmark or Canada, I wouldn't mind paying more if everyone benefits. That's the difference. I pay huge taxes but the beneficiaries are based on political maneuvering.
I'm sorry, but this just doesn't make sense. You complain about people leeching off of your tax dollars, but then you say that you wish that you could pay even higher taxes so that even more people could leech off of your tax dollars. It just doesn't follow logically. Buh-bye.

Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM

18,431 posts, read 11,267,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It doesn't sound as though you've read very many of her posts. She would love to have a 'blue state country' that people from red states could, in one way or another, be excluded from.
I would indeed but I'm willing to back it up. Denmark and many of these other countries are successful because they make sure their citizens are educated and become tax paying citizens themselves. Get it? It becomes self propelling. Cut the West off and we would still be extremely successful, we would create a ton of tech, health and bio, either become independent or merge with another country and move on. That's what a country like Denmark does. States like WV and KY don't want to do that. When offered federally funded programs, they are refused. The only thing accepted are handouts. Huge difference.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this just doesn't make sense. You complain about people leeching off of your tax dollars, but then you say that you wish that you could pay even higher taxes so that even more people could leech off of your tax dollars. It just doesn't follow logically. Buh-bye.
Of course it makes sense. The difference is everyone is a beneficiary instead of the groups which have politicians demanding they be supported. It's not a country wide program the way a country like Denmark has. This is not complicated. Everyone has health care, not just a subset. Everyone has access to education, not just a subset. I don't mind paying more if it allows for programs everyone benefits from and everyone is ultimately elevated with everyone ultimate paying taxes so it becomes self-propelling.

Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Not to the extent it was in WV. Not even close.

MT has one of the highest rates of entrepreneurs in the nation. WV one of the least.

Night and day.
Aren't they both overwhelmingly white and red states? Doesn't seem like liberal vs conservative, or being white, is much of a factor.

Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Quote:
For real, how is paying more for everyone to have healthcare and college education going to lower the cost of people leeching off her taxes? Something smells rotten in Denmark.

Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Aren't they both overwhelmingly white and red states? Doesn't seem like liberal vs conservative, or being white, is much of a factor.
Actually MT is slightly more diverse with the NA population, and we are pretty purple.

And I never made any of my statements ‘pro left or right’. It simply is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or