U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 12:17 PM

432 posts, read 91,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Why? If he learned a marketable skill (coding) he could get a job just about anywhere. .
Seriously. Do you think that's the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:17 PM

12,746 posts, read 3,973,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, no way. Liberals want welfare and more of it. It explains why Democrats have lost so incredibly much in Oklahoma. After the next election, Democrats may be totally voted out of rural Oklahoma.
Then why are they complaining about welfare usage in WV/KY?

Old Today, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Seriously. Do you think that's the case?
No one would discriminate against a middle aged, white guy from KY or WV tee hee.

Old Today, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Then why are they complaining about welfare usage in WV/KY?
Oh...probably lack of melanin I guess.

It's an odd thing to me. I think that Team Blue is missing the chance of a century. A lot of Republicans are fairly open to resdesign of healthcare, I doubt that Trump really gives a rip how it works, and a case can be made for modeling it after some other country that appears to be more efficient (let's just say Switzerland for example).

Instead, the American Left has decided to die on the hill of mass immigration. Obviously, the plight of the Third World matters far more than the well being of your own citizens.

It's a crazy old world I tell you.

Old Today, 12:23 PM

2,599 posts, read 889,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Once again ... Copenhagen is a liberal city. You are admitting that highly liberal Denmark/Copenhagen produces excellent results, but you don't even seem to be aware of it.
You're missing Waldo's subtle point. See, Copenhagen is great because they're all white. Baltimore is bad because they have a lot of blacks.

And they say there are no white supremacists in America!

Old Today, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No one would discriminate against a middle aged, white guy from KY or WV tee hee.
I'd say the chance of one of those guys getting a programming job isn't nill, but it's pretty darned close.

Old Today, 12:26 PM

Quote:
You're missing Waldo's subtle point. See, Copenhagen is great because they're all white. Baltimore is bad because they have a lot of blacks.

I'll agree with the subtle point, except that Copenhagen is great because they're all Danes.

It's tough being a Danish supremacist, but somebody has to do it.

Old Today, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Oh...probably lack of melanin I guess.

It's an odd thing to me. I think that Team Blue is missing the chance of a century. A lot of Republicans are fairly open to resdesign of healthcare, I doubt that Trump really gives a rip how it works, and a case can be made for modeling it after some other country that appears to be more efficient (let's just say Switzerland for example).

Instead, the American Left has decided to die on the hill of mass immigration. Obviously, the plight of the Third World matters far more than the well being of your own citizens.

It's a crazy old world I tell you.
Exactly. If the Left for starters would drop the open borders and the anti-white scapegoating stuff, maybe I'd listen.

Old Today, 12:27 PM

9,208 posts, read 2,821,312 times
Quote:

In that case it was you and Waldo who missed the point: The OP deliberately chose WV and KY because both are mostly white - similar to Denmark - thus making the comparison more demographically comparable.

Old Today, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I'd say the chance of one of those guys getting a programming job isn't nill, but it's pretty darned close.
And how long will he be able to keep the job before he's ran out one way or another, and how miserable will they make it for him is another question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or