U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:07 AM

8,101 posts, read 4,756,033 times

Advertisements

The real question is, who in the hell actually wants to live in Denmark? Would the people of Kentucky want to live in Denmark?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:06 AM

1,182 posts, read 222,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The real question is, who in the hell actually wants to live in Denmark? Would the people of Kentucky want to live in Denmark?

One of the best countries on earth to live in.. I have been there multiple times.. Freaking great country with friendly people! Great beer and food!

Kentucky produces people like Moscow Mitch.

Old Yesterday, 03:45 AM

8,101 posts, read 4,756,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
One of the best countries on earth to live in.. I have been there multiple times.. Freaking great country with friendly people! Great beer and food!

Kentucky produces people like Moscow Mitch.
You may have visited, but why in the hell would anyone want to live there? I have internet "friends" from Denmark and Norway who are getting that free college, but pretty much anyone well-educated can make far more money pretty much anywhere other then Denmark, and they usually live in a hovel in Denmark.

On top of that, everyone knows Scandinavians are not friendly. They are cold, unsocial, and unwelcoming, even to each other.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Nordic...ey-do-not-know

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/kiwi-...who-live-there

I'm not a fan of Kentucky by any means, and I would sooner die than live there. But Denmark sucks, and it has nothing to do with the taxes.

Old Yesterday, 04:55 AM

Hahaha... Right.

Denmark is GREAT.. Belive me.

They should speak a bit more Norwegian though...

Old Yesterday, 05:20 AM

2,194 posts, read 800,724 times
Quote:
No one. That’s why the US has a 4 to 1 net migration advantage with Denmark. The working class in Kentucky are living like kings compared to Denmark. Owning large plots of land, big houses, cars/trucks(35% difference in vehicle ownership rates!), businessses; low cost of living, tax burden, tons of expendable income, and most importantly freedom. The people of Denmark are strapped with high cost of living, tax rates, tons of barriers to business and property ownership, government control of their lives.

Old Yesterday, 06:20 AM

19,083 posts, read 9,832,201 times
Quote:
You may have visited, but why in the hell would anyone want to live there? I have internet "friends" from Denmark and Norway who are getting that free college, but pretty much anyone well-educated can make far more money pretty much anywhere other then Denmark, and they usually live in a hovel in Denmark.

On top of that, everyone knows Scandinavians are not friendly. They are cold, unsocial, and unwelcoming, even to each other.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Nordic...ey-do-not-know

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/kiwi-...who-live-there

I'm not a fan of Kentucky by any means, and I would sooner die than live there. But Denmark sucks, and it has nothing to do with the taxes.
Wow, so true. My Nordic side of the family is just as described and you will see that if you go to a Nordic community in Minnesota or Washington. Intelligent, independent, hard working yes, open and welcoming, no. Sorry to say but the average person in Kentucky is far friendlier and open....plus they have the super awesome Moscow Mitch to brag about.

Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM

16,119 posts, read 4,253,380 times
Quote:
That's not the real question...if anything, it buttresses the point. Denmark is cold as heck, and stark and small and doesn't contain mountains, etc. etc. etc.

Most countries in Europe have been fairly full for a LONG time and therefore there is migration. As I mentioned before, Danes are "socialized" to be "world citizens", including learning the languages (English) and customs of others and traveling extensively.

It used to be the biggest communities of Danes were in California....which makes perfect sense. You know, the same CA. that folks like you decry because your Great Leader tells you to??

Anyway, that's not the point. Using that measure, all the white supremacy threads are complete BS since so many came here from UK, Russia, France, Germany, etc.....if those countries were so advanced, why would tens of millions leave?

See what I did there? Same reason. Over-population. Give the choice of living in the sewer that they themselves created and moving on to better climes and lands, humans usually go on a one-way street. Need I mention California?

That's a whole different conversation..and, to their credit, many of the people of Appalachia have left long ago and aren't looking back.

To repeat my whole point - I feel they were abused by our system....economic and social (or lack of it). I think we should plan for them and those areas just like we should plan for many other things. But the "gimme a buck NOW" populist crowd and Wall Street won't go for such.

Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Hahaha... Right.

Denmark is GREAT.. Belive me.

They should speak a bit more Norwegian though...
Just for kicks, can a Norseman outdrink a Dane? I'd say yes.

My Danish friends used to tell me if you see a drunk in Copenhagen he's likely from Sweden. All that means is that Danes may hold their booze a bit better.....or not!

I happened to be there in the early 1990's when Denmark won the World Cup. I was in a suburban area walking and I heard this giant cheer come out of all the windows of every house...all blended together!

3 days later we were back in Copenhagen and the city was trashed...I think the whole country shut down for a few days and partied.

Old Yesterday, 06:35 AM

The Danes start very young drinking.. Not partying, but in social gatherings with parents etc.

Much earlier then us further North.

So, they drink much more "responsibly".. we drink in the weekends, because its so expensive, relatively speaking

Weather wise.. Southern Norway is often compared to Washington or Maine in climate.. Northern Norway AlaskaŽish and Denmark is usually warmer then Norway.

Scandinavia is much warmer then the latitude suggests.. We are warmed up by the Gulf Stream.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM

Quote:
The Danes start very young drinking.. Not partying, but in social gatherings with parents etc.

Much earlier then us further North.
I brought my 16 yo daughter on one trip and she got drunk with her Danish friends....her first time getting drunk. She was walking through the streets propped up by new Danish friends singing about the World Cup Victory. They brought her home and she puked, took a shower and that was that.

Since they all walked everywhere and had public transit and their own little disco we parents had no concern about their safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or