U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM

35,519 posts, read 19,506,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Wel....goolllllllllyyyyyyy!

There is something to be said for Andy of Mayberry and Jim Nabors. That's very American. You will not find great Entertainment coming from Denmark (sorry...IMHO)...
Yeah...

Danes; healthy, happy, but boring.

Just not Niels Bohring.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM

3,707 posts, read 1,600,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Answer: they donít believe in ďdiversityĒ.
Denmark is a homogenous White Christian country. Three of the biggest triggers for a nations success are race, religion, and homogenous culture.
You mean like Pakistan, Saudi , Qatar etc?? They are all of the same Race, Religion and Culture. And also have "Ports" for prosperity

Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM

9,988 posts, read 21,248,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
No one. Thatís why the US has a 4 to 1 net migration advantage with Denmark. The working class in Kentucky are living like kings compared to Denmark. Owning large plots of land, big houses, cars/trucks(35% difference in vehicle ownership rates!), businessses; low cost of living, tax burden, tons of expendable income, and most importantly freedom. The people of Denmark are strapped with high cost of living, tax rates, tons of barriers to business and property ownership, government control of their lives.
In the USA the poor are forced to drive whether they want to or not. No drive = no work in a rural area. I've known many poor people in rural KY who drove cars that were hardly road worthy. Many non poor Europeans can afford a car but prefer their great public transportation options. Built environment in USA makes it hard for poor to obtain daily needs by walking. That's not true elsewhere.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM

32,899 posts, read 16,844,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
The working class in Kentucky are living like kings compared to Denmark.
You're funny. My mother - a retired schoolteacher, is that working-class enough? - is jetting off to Verona to listen to opera next weekend. And yes, she bought the CO2 offset package, too.

Quote:
Denmark are strapped with high cost of living, tax rates, tons of barriers to business and property ownership, government control of their lives.
One day, someone will be able to point out what this "government control of their lives" actually is.

In the meantime, the commies at Forbes puts Denmark quite a bit higher on the business-friendly list than the US...

There's all sorts of public assistance for entrepreneurs, a well-educated labor pool, and - get this - the widget makers don't have to hire someone to negotiate healthcare plans for employees, when they'd rather focus on improving their widgets.

FFS, when my BIL - who's a nice guy and a hard worker, but not the sharpest - can run his own business for decades and retire with a very nice bundle, I don't see how the barrier could be much lower. I seriously have no idea what barriers to property ownership is even supposed to mean. I bought a condo in a nice area in my 20s, and as compared to buying real estate in the US, it was an absolute breeze.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; Yesterday at 10:32 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM

32,899 posts, read 16,844,057 times
Quote:
Just for kicks, can a Norseman outdrink a Dane? I'd say yes.

My Danish friends used to tell me if you see a drunk in Copenhagen he's likely from Sweden. All that means is that Danes may hold their booze a bit better.....or not!

I happened to be there in the early 1990's when Denmark won the World Cup. I was in a suburban area walking and I heard this giant cheer come out of all the windows of every house...all blended together!

3 days later we were back in Copenhagen and the city was trashed...I think the whole country shut down for a few days and partied.
1992, and if I may be pedantic, it was the European Cup. And heck yes, that was a party.

Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM

5,101 posts, read 5,114,204 times
West Virginia was and remains a plantation owned by absentee corporations, Denmark is a country not a plantation owned by the outsiders. Why anyone expects plantation dwellers to be as prosperous as Danes? Milking the system that robbed you blind is a rational moral choice considering WV history of corporate plunder and repression.

Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM

526 posts, read 480,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Wow. Just wow...
I asked for a link to a majority black city that is successful. How come you didnít provide a link? Surely if we are all intellectually equal there should be a successful majority black city somewhere.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,017,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
1992, and if I may be pedantic, it was the European Cup. And heck yes, that was a party.

I can only imagine. Incredible wins against Netherlands and Germany, by a team that was invited to play like a week before the tournament!

Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM

8,101 posts, read 4,756,033 times
Quote:
You know, the same CA. that folks like you decry because your Great Leader tells you to??
I suppose I should expect political BS when on a political forum. I haven't posted on here in a while so you probably don't remember me.

Quote:
Using that measure, all the white supremacy threads are complete BS since so many came here from UK, Russia, France, Germany, etc.....if those countries were so advanced, why would tens of millions leave?
I agree completely. The vast-majority of white-supremacists are complete morons who don't understand that correlation does not equal causation. They are too ignorant to see the truth, and too lazy to seek it. They take the simple answer to everything because it is comfortable.

Quote:
See what I did there? Same reason. Over-population. Give the choice of living in the sewer that they themselves created and moving on to better climes and lands, humans usually go on a one-way street. Need I mention California?
California would be the best state in the country if people didn't live there.

The people who move to California are either the rich who don't have to worry about money and can enjoy the beauty of the state, or people who put money before everything.

Appalachia is similar to much of rural America, which has been facing population-decline for decades. But the movement of people from the countryside to the cities is not a modern phenomenon. It has been going on since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...class/ch04.htm

https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...class/ch03.htm

Many worry that automation will kill manufacturing jobs, but what do you think the tractor did? Drive through rural Kansas today, and then imagine what Kansas would look like if the tractor had never been invented. Or any state for that matter.

Quote:
I feel they were abused by our system....economic and social (or lack of it). I think we should plan for them and those areas just like we should plan for many other things. But the "gimme a buck NOW" populist crowd and Wall Street won't go for such.
I don't think you really understand what is going on. What drives the modern economy? Why is Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia so rich? Why is New York City rich? Why is California rich? Or are they even rich? Doesn't California have the highest poverty-rate in the country? With some of the worst performing schools? The largest gap between rich and poor? Etc?

What is really going on?

The great irony when it comes to me and white-supremacists, is that I despise everything that white-supremacists claim is the reason they are superior. And the greatest irony of all, is that they ramble about how much they hate Jews, but it is finance and usury that built everything. They would still be serfs or the Amish without the Jews.

Last edited by Redshadowz; Yesterday at 01:11 PM..

Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM

12,863 posts, read 3,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The real question is, who in the hell actually wants to live in Denmark? Would the people of Kentucky want to live in Denmark?
Just about everyone in Africa and the middle east it seems. But then it would no longer be Denmark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or