U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:26 PM

16,013 posts, read 4,228,143 times

Advertisements

In the spirit of the many threads "South Dakota vs. LA" that many post here....

I use these places because the total population is similar - that is, in the 6-7 Million range.
Both are, of course, 90% or so "European" in population.

The GDP per Capita in Denmark is 58K - 38K in these two states. Put another way, Denmark has a GDP 50% higher.

19.7 percent of the Danish population are obese
35% in KY/WV

80 year life expectancy in Denmark (universal health care)
73 year life expectancy in KY/WV (let em die health care)

Denmark is stark, small and have relatively little in resources
KY/WV was blessed with massive amounts of resources and land area

Murder rate in Denmark - 0.8 per 100,000 population
In KY/WV - 5.3 per 100K

Property Crime - KY - 2500 per 100,000
Denmark - about 1/3rd of that or less

Other economic might:

Pages could be filled with companies from Denmark that are world famous and thriving - they build ships, make heating equipment, are the largest producer of wind machines in the world (Ventas), Novo Nordisk, etc.

Kentucky is famous for Bourbon. Papa Johns and Texas Roadhouse have HQ there.
The largest "make stuff" employer in KY is......Toyota!

And so, my question to the many here who seem to be experts in comparison is...why these vast differences?

If "European Supremacy" with almost unlimited resources and the framework of our Constitution....and our "low tax" ways...can't create amazing results, what is wrong with our system - if anything?

I won't even get into the innovation....the number of patents and inventions and discoveries in modern Denmark is nothing short of astounding.....

Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:31 PM

18,394 posts, read 11,261,018 times
It's about education.

Old Today, 05:41 PM

2,932 posts, read 1,189,051 times
Investments in human capital and infrastructure are more important than taxes in the long run.

Old Today, 05:49 PM

22,730 posts, read 11,724,071 times
Let’s make another comparison:

Scandinavian-Americans are wealthier and live longer than Scandinavians.

All white people ain’t created equal.

Old Today, 06:15 PM

22,730 posts, read 11,724,071 times
The fact is nearly every ethnic group is wealthier here than where their ancestors came from. Scandinavian Americans are wealthier than Scandinavians and African Americans are wealthier than Africans to pick ethnities on each end of the economic scale.

Old Today, 06:23 PM

521 posts, read 478,471 times
Answer: they don’t believe in “diversity”.
Denmark is a homogenous White Christian country. Three of the biggest triggers for a nations success are race, religion, and homogenous culture.

Old Today, 06:26 PM
Status: "Hey I thought this was the train to Margaritaville?" (set 25 days ago)

11,954 posts, read 15,611,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
Answer: they don’t believe in “diversity”.
Denmark is a homogenous White Christian country. Three of the biggest triggers for a nations success are race, religion, and homogenous culture.
WV and KY are almost entirely white and evangelical.

Fail.

Old Today, 06:34 PM

1,538 posts, read 1,844,405 times
I would blame it mostly on geography. Denmark is blessed with many sea ports and passage to the Black Sea. Historically a strategic jewel for purposes of seafaring warlords, I would imagine. Kentucky is land locked, dirt poor, and now it is besieged by snake oil salesmen and rich politicians selling out their people to foreign powers. It's a veritable powder keg for the opioid epidemic.

Old Today, 06:43 PM

19,704 posts, read 12,409,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

I use these places because the total population is similar - that is, in the 6-7 Million range.

The GDP per Capita in Denmark is 58K - 38K in these two states. Put another way, Denmark has a GDP 50% higher.

35% in KY/WV

In KY/WV - 5.3 per 100K

Other economic might:

Pages could be filled with companies from Denmark that are world famous and thriving - they build ships, make heating equipment, are the largest producer of wind machines in the world (Ventas), Novo Nordisk, etc.

And so, my question to the many here who seem to be experts in comparison is...why these vast differences?

If "European Supremacy" with almost unlimited resources and the framework of our Constitution....and our "low tax" ways...can't create amazing results, what is wrong with our system - if anything?

I won't even get into the innovation....the number of patents and inventions and discoveries in modern Denmark is nothing short of astounding.....

Why?
Your comparison is absurd, as WV and KY are under an entirely different set of trade laws, partnerships, and treaties than Denmark. Cultularly, Denmark is far different than US states with regard to racial composition, education, and access to the European Union trade advantages.

The comparisons among US cities are apt, as all are under the influence of the same laws and trade restraints/laws.

Comparing WV and KY is like comparing a chainsaw to a jet aircraft. They both use fuel, but are built and used for entirely different purposes.

Terrible, absurd comparison, as the libs don't like facing the fact that liberal controlled cities are crap holes.

Old Today, 06:44 PM

10,870 posts, read 13,767,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

35% in KY/WV

In KY/WV - 5.3 per 100K

Other economic might:

Why?
I get what the OP is doing, since there are so many dozen of these kind of what they are trying to spoof here.......the incredibly moronic "liberal city vs some conservative area" threads right wingers...that for some reason the mods keep allowing to be posted ad infinitum.

But Kentucky and WV are landlocked. Maybe make the comparison to Switzerland or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or