U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 12:41 PM

10,081 posts, read 4,722,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Hey, you finally said something I agree with. The scripture is clear.
So is grain alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 12:44 PM

320 posts, read 39,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So is grain alcohol.

You like alcohol? That's cool, I won't judge you as there is only 1 judge that matters and it isn't me.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:46 PM

13,027 posts, read 10,112,525 times
Quote:
You had a good pastor, those that do not accept Jesus are going to hell.
I am good with that. The biblical god is an *******. I actually liked his son. But Dad god is a jerk. I'm all good with hanging with Lucifer though I hear it is hot.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:44 PM

9,927 posts, read 4,467,754 times
Quote:
If that is your interpretation, so be it. I don't share that interpretation. I can live with having a different opinion on the matter...can you?

Whatever your beliefs (or lack of) are is fine with me. Too bad you don't feel the same about mine.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Too bad you don't feel the same about mine.

Since you want to make this about YOU (even though it isn't), Please provide some evidence for your (incorrect) assumptions on my opinion about the matter..

Old 08-19-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Since you want to make this about YOU (even though it isn't), Please provide some evidence for your (incorrect) assumptions on my opinion about the matter..
Your post #82. "...those that do not accept Jesus are going to hell."

Old 08-19-2019, 07:58 PM

1,277 posts, read 432,505 times
Prayer and pledge routines could be called programming or magic spells, the type of magic that works in the mind.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Your post #82. "...those that do not accept Jesus are going to hell."

That isnt my opinion...thats the written word of the bible, which I happen to support. Perhaps, you don't... the fact that you don't is fine with me personally...lots of people don't, sadly they are still going to hell according to the written word.

John 3:3

Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Last edited by tipsyguam; Yesterday at 06:10 AM..

Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM

Quote:
That isnt my opinion...thats the written word of the bible, which I happen to support. Perhaps, you don't... the fact that you don't is fine with me personally...lots of people don't, sadly they are still going to hell according to the written word.

John 3:3

Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
It's still your opinion as it is something that can't be demonstrated or proven. A Muslim could quote the Koran that says the infidels--that would be Christians--will be thrown into the fiery pit. That would be his opinion and it would be just as valid as yours.

Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM

39,786 posts, read 41,146,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post

Any of you 50-somethings (or older) ever have prayer in public school? I can't be the Lone Ranger here.

Almost 50 and I don't recall their being prayers, certainly not in MS or HS. I live in Northeastern PA and religion was pretty big outside of school. Not sure what grade they implemented the moment of silence but it might of been HS, I don't remember doing that either in elementary and MS.

In fact the only time I can remember anything that crossed into religion was in HS history class and they covered many of the major religions history and beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or