U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 01:41 PM

22,706 posts, read 9,672,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
On Twitter. On a whim. Without even telling his own ambassador.

You don't "postpone" an invitation to a state visit, certainly not in that petulant manner. As I may have said already, it's not a voucher. The court is extremely unlikely to extend another invite.
You know this entire fiasco could have been dealt with easily.

All the Danish PM had to say to Trump was--"Fine, you can buy it if you can find it on the map (no lifelines)." Problem solved.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 01:41 PM

13,310 posts, read 4,580,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
It just boggles the mind how any grown adult could justify Trump's actions. I can understand middle school students, but adults, no.

To make an outlandish proposal that no one takes seriously than to jeopardize our international relations with a very close ally over this nonsense is beyond inane.

As I wrote, Trump is a disgrace to this nation.
Denmark is a useless ally. WTF do they do or can they do? If Denmark disappeared nobody would even notice.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:43 PM

13,310 posts, read 4,580,970 times
Quote:
Funny bit being, Obama was/is extremely respected in Denmark, US-Denmark relations were never better. The US ambassador was pretty much a celebrity, recognized in the street and filling venues whenever he took part in an event.

Helped that Obama took the job seriously.
Who gives a crap about Denmark. Really, like I said in my previous post if it disappeared tomorrow nobody would even notice.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:43 PM

10,324 posts, read 12,089,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If former President Obama had tried to buy Greenland, I suspect you might have made so many complaints about Obama.
Let's focus. This is not about Obama.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:44 PM

5,178 posts, read 2,534,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Dems whining and crying again. They always choke on NOTHING Burgers and this is just another one.. down their throat. He postponed it. Big deal.
It's not an option to "postpone" an invitation from the Queen. He was invited, he accepted, then he cancelled and that is the end of it. All the royal and official preparations that were well underway are now dismantled.

He will not receive another invitation, and any efforts from him to schedule an official visit will be declined. That's obvious, right?

Old 08-21-2019, 01:46 PM

32,970 posts, read 16,874,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Who gives a crap about Denmark.
Trump, it appears. Certainly enough to have his little fee-fees hurt when the Danish PM doesn't show him the respect he for some unfathomable reason feels he deserves. It was his state department that reached out to Denmark to set up a state visit, remember?

Old 08-21-2019, 01:46 PM

14,322 posts, read 6,534,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Who gives a crap about Denmark. Really, like I said in my previous post if it disappeared tomorrow nobody would even notice.
What a typical useless response.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:47 PM

9,988 posts, read 4,484,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Can you come up with a better reason why there are so many people literally defending Trump regarding Greenland?
Nope.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:47 PM

46,549 posts, read 18,414,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No, by ignoring what makes a country-- the human beings. By having inhumane policies and simply ignoring the population, and treating people as if they are a commodity or pawns.

How do you think Alabama would react if California or New York decided they were interested in buying it? How do you think the people who live in Alabama would react?

Of course it would be like Trump's Greenland assumption--no consideration for Greenlanders or Danes--just assume that anyone can be bought. Alabama residents would learn of this offer from the media.

Think they would care, or would the governor of Alabama have them down to discuss a purchase, while all the residents cheer?

i.e. "I knew absolutely nothing about Greenland until the MSM said - Greenland/Orange Man Bad. So I decided to google up some platitudes about it."

Correct?

Old 08-21-2019, 01:48 PM

49,033 posts, read 45,930,991 times
Quote:
The rationale for the Trump defense changes as the situation develops. The defense, however, never ever waivers.
It's all about defending Trump at this point. I would not have supported this if President Obama had thought to do that. The same goes for Trump. As far as I know, he hasn't even given a reason as to why it would be practical to buy Greenland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies