U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:44 AM
 
6,601 posts, read 3,668,035 times
Reputation: 7488

Advertisements

Dan Rather quote, "Something is rotten, but it isn't in Denmark". Says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:46 AM
 
7,462 posts, read 1,703,142 times
Reputation: 4082
I think one of Mushroom Donny's aides need to explain to him what the demographics are in Greenland. I'm not sure he'd be interested in purchasing it if he knew.

Trump is probably unaware that only 12% of Greenland's population is white (Danish). The other 88% of the country's population is Native Inuit, basically Eskimos. Brown-skinned people with black hair, the types of people Trump doesn't care for.

The statistics/demographics information comes directly from Wikipedia, unless Trump supporters think Wikipedia is fake news. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Greenland

I bet you a large amount of money that Trump probably thought (and still thinks) that Greenland is a "white" country. But in reality, only 12% (barely 1 in 10) of Greenland is white.



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:53 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
30,338 posts, read 16,846,346 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
The whole world knows his idea is completely absurd. A look into Greenland's history would have easily told his advisers that Greenlanders would prefer independence over being bought by America.
If Denmark isn't a close ally, who is? Size doesn't always matter.
I am not sure though if one needs allies such as today's America. Or to put it in other words, if America keeps on like this, there won't be many allies left.
We might not. Trump is headed to the Summit - a major 'bash your allies' event for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:56 AM
 
Location: alexandria, VA
9,991 posts, read 4,487,811 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I think one of Mushroom Donny's aides need to explain to him what the demographics are in Greenland. I'm not sure he'd be interested in purchasing it if he knew.

Trump is probably unaware that only 12% of Greenland's population is white (Danish). The other 88% of the country's population is Native Inuit, basically Eskimos. Brown-skinned people with black hair, the types of people Trump doesn't care for.

The statistics/demographics information comes directly from Wikipedia, unless Trump supporters think Wikipedia is fake news. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Greenland

I bet you a large amount of money that Trump probably thought (and still thinks) that Greenland is a "white" country. But in reality, only 12% (barely 1 in 10) of Greenland is white.


Yes, obviously Little Igloo Man is ignorant of the demographics of Greenland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 09:59 AM
 
7,462 posts, read 1,703,142 times
Reputation: 4082
And has anyone stopped to think how unbelievably offensive it was when Trump tossed out the idiotic idea of buying Greenland? As if the people there and the land they call home is for sale?

Not that Trump thought about that, because he's a dumbass, but still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 10:21 AM
 
1,788 posts, read 396,509 times
Reputation: 1709
How about instead acquiring new property, we take care what we have. That includes Baltimore, California, Peurto Rico........let's start by not bashing them, making sure its citizens are living in safe, secure environments, and living like every American (or territory) deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 10:24 AM
 
7,462 posts, read 1,703,142 times
Reputation: 4082
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
How about instead acquiring new property, we take care what we have. That includes Baltimore, California, Peurto Rico........let's start by not bashing them, making sure its citizens are living in safe, secure environments, and living like every American (or territory) deserves.
You're making far too much sense. No way Trump would be on board with logical thinking like this LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Bran's tree
11,223 posts, read 4,966,806 times
Reputation: 12522
Does Trump and his followers realize that actual people live in Greenland? In recent centuries, selling and purchasing unwilling people is generally frowned upon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 10:44 AM
 
32,971 posts, read 16,878,570 times
Reputation: 17820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
The Chinese do not think the idea is outlandish.
Based on?


Quote:
Denmark is a very close ally?
Quite. And hands-on. Iraq, Afghanistan, anti-piracy off Somalia, RDAF airstrikes on ISIL.

Quote:


You're welcome, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2019, 10:46 AM
 
4,704 posts, read 961,711 times
Reputation: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
The whole world knows his idea is completely absurd. A look into Greenland's history would have easily told his advisers that Greenlanders would prefer independence over being bought by America.
If Denmark isn't a close ally, who is? Size doesn't always matter.
I am not sure though if one needs allies such as today's America. Or to put it in other words, if America keeps on like this, there won't be many allies left.
Which will suit Putin the Puppet Master just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top