U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 02:58 PM

27,608 posts, read 19,381,928 times

Advertisements

trying to tie trump to what some unknown person said on opra 32 years ago?

wow.

better go back to sleep bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 07:01 PM

20,085 posts, read 14,890,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This is very informative. Everyone who didn't have a bag over their eyes suspected as much anyway, but its good to see Farrakhan confirm the devilish details.
And they wonder why we don't support Democraps and longer. When the future president of the United States "secretly" meets the the most Racist black man in US history, it's crickets from the Dems. They probably believe that Obama actually deserves the Nobel Death prize!

Old 08-17-2019, 10:29 AM

48,997 posts, read 45,918,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Guess what? Every large city has rats. Fact.
Rural areas have rats too.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:27 AM

12,149 posts, read 16,899,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know all about this. I live in Georgia. I know about the reputation Forsyth County has. Now, I've traveled to Forsyth County myself (for job interviews). The county seemed more snobby than openly racist. However, that Forsyth County became one of the fastest growing counties in the USA, and it's Black population has remained very low in spite of being located somewhat close to Atlanta does raise a few questions.

As for the guy in that photo, I'm not surprised to know about individuals like him. I've been around individuals who have called me racial slurs to my face. Attitudes like this have not died out. Less people have such attitudes. However, there are still people with such attitudes. Some are open about, and then there are some who are passive aggressive about it.
I grew up a few doors down from the Shirley family from 1990 to 1995ish. It makes a whole lot of sense now why I couldn't get a single neighborhood kid to join my two-man radio flyer parade on MLK Day.

These were the people who dispatched the local Klan to burn a cross on my lawn, and their children and grandchildren made my life a living hell in school as the only Jewish person they'd ever met. We didn't even have a single black kid in school until about 1997, and she was routinely left out of birthday parties and got less valentines than everyone else. I didn't understand until much later.

All Trump supporters now, of course.

One thing I feel particularly vindicated about is that my former high school now has one of the biggest Muslim quiz bowl teams in the state. Yes, we will absolutely replace you.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I grew up a few doors down from the Shirley family from 1990 to 1995ish. It makes a whole lot of sense now why I couldn't get a single neighborhood kid to join my two-man radio flyer parade on MLK Day.

These were the people who dispatched the local Klan to burn a cross on my lawn, and their children and grandchildren made my life a living hell in school as the only Jewish person they'd ever met. We didn't even have a single black kid in school until about 1997, and she was routinely left out of birthday parties and got less valentines than everyone else. I didn't understand until much later.

One thing I feel particularly vindicated about is that my former high school now has one of the biggest Muslim quiz bowl teams in the state. Yes, we will absolutely replace you.
Reading this filled me with alot of rage. Obviously, burning that cross on your lawn was designed to instill fear into your family. It was a message of "leave of else". I'm not surprised about the anti-Semtism. The KKK hates Jews.

I also think about that Black girl. She got exposed to alot of passive-aggressive racism. I have to wonder what went on in the minds of the KIDS, and the keyword here is kids. Kids can be very cruel.

I grew up on the other side of the metro area, in Paulding County. I dealt with more "in your face" racism. I also went through alot of bullying, some of it of a racial nature. Unlike Forsyth County, Paulding County did have Black people living there when I moved there. Just not that many. The county was about 3-4% Black when I got there. And some parts of the county were basically infested with the Klan. Paulding County had more of a "redneck" reputation. Some people are still flying Confederate flags. For that reason, it is interesting that Paulding County is now 15% Black. Then again, I kind of know why.

By the way, Trump won Paulding County with close to 70% of the population voting for Trump.

I'd like to think that many people in Forsyth County today aren't virulent racists. On the other hand, I also wonder how many people moved to Forsyth County with the expressed purpose of getting away from all Black people. It borders Fulton County and even in places like Alpharetta and Roswell there is a sizable Black population.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:38 PM

13,040 posts, read 4,020,558 times
Quote:

Interesting .

Old 08-17-2019, 06:43 PM

35,865 posts, read 32,561,091 times
Quote:

Ya for you, it's still a slum so who cares.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:56 PM

Not every person who votes Republican is a racist. I do notice a pattern. There are people who are involved in politics/ran for political office, who have ties to white supremacist groups, or were openly part of a white supremacist group. I notice a large number of those types ran as Republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_J._Jones

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Nehlen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_Sol_Invictus

https://ballotpedia.org/Sean_Donahue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_King

The question is this. Why?

Old 08-18-2019, 07:09 PM

347 posts, read 43,427 times
Quote:
Not every person who votes Republican is a racist.

Good to realize something so obvious, but arent they "racist" by definition since they dont agree with liberals?

Quote:
Rural areas have rats too.

Perhaps they do, except...this thread isn't about rural areas, its about Baltimore so your
attempted spin is denied.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:59 AM

14,322 posts, read 6,531,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Good to realize something so obvious, but arent they "racist" by definition since they dont agree with liberals?

Perhaps they do, except...this thread isn't about rural areas, its about Baltimore so your
attempted spin is denied.
Not spin, fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies