U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM

440 posts, read 94,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post

The government got involved in healthcare that sent the cost of insurance through the roof making it impossible for people to afford it. The only people that benefitted from OCare were those who qualified for the Medicaid expansion and those who qualified for subsidies all at the expense of taxpayers who then struggled to maintain their own health insurance.
I admit it did work out in a strange way. The vast majority of people who had their lives changed by Obamacare where either people who bought their own insurance (mostly self-employed) and had their rates jump up dramatically, and those who bought their own insurance (early retirees, poor people, folks with pre-existing conditions) who got an enormous gift. The average person has mostly dealt with it in only a theoretical sense.

If nothing else, the anti-self employed person angle to it is just one more nudge towards the progressive ideal (I think) of urbanism, more efficient living via apartments and mass transit, government and megacorp employment. A big happy family of diverse, energy efficient, densely packed living.

Sign me up. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM

12,300 posts, read 18,120,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I think he was in the Eagles, and he apparently also has a Maserati that does 185...
Well, he has a nice mansion...
He never been there, but its suppose to be nice...
He lived in fancy hotels, where he tore down the walls... and he had accountants, pay for it all…!!!
Life has been good...

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; Yesterday at 12:08 PM..

Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM

871 posts, read 938,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Telling them to come back is irrelevant. It was still a statement that can be viewed as racist. I'm not saying that Trump is a racist, I'm saying that his statement doesn't deserve to be viewed as not being racist.

Trump telling them to come back doesn't change the fact that he told an inarguably non white U.S. born, U.S. citizen (Rep. Pressley) whose parents, as far as we know, were also born in the U.S., to 'go back'.

If you don't find anything at all about his statement to be racist, then you don't understand anything about the 'go back trope'.

It is NOT irrelevant that he told them to come back. You are leaving off a very important part of what he actually said in order to spin it as racist and it wasn't. It's BS like this that is pissing people off and causing them support Trump. I cannot tell you how many times people took what he said completely out of context, omitted important content or down right lied about what he said so it would fit the narrative they were trying to spin and people are still actually falling for it. Just like the "there were good people on both sides" BS. MSM is STILL parroting and miss reporting that one. Those of us with any sense heard what he said and even went back to listen to it again and again and even read the transcript to make sure we heard what we heard because what has been reported is so far off from what he actually said. Facts Matter.

Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
What state do you live in ?
Not sure how that matters but I'm in Texas

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

1,426 posts, read 320,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
In other words, your extreme, unhinged hatred for anyone not white, heterosexual, or the right kind of Christian. It's about your desire for an America where gays are forced back in the closet, women are forced to be in the home and subservient to their husbands, brown people know their place and stay in it with a smile, the Bible is taught to every child in public school by the state, and there's zero tolerance for any dissent or criticism of the state church. You call that freedom but that doesn't sound like freedom to me.
This leftist clown builds a cartoonish caricature of hate in his own head so that he can justify his own extreme, unhinged hatred. Seek help, dude. You're sick.

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's because you're not trying to find imaginary 'racism' where it doesn't exist.

try harder.

Yeah, I must not be that smart or clever

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

9,342 posts, read 4,255,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
What the hell are you talking about??? Where have you seen any attempt by the right to do away with separation of church and state? WHERE? If anything, it's the democrats that are threatening that by wanting to make churches pay taxes. If that happens, churches will legally be able to get actively involved in politics and none of us want that. Oh and by the way, most churches are not anti-gay anymore and I think Trump has DEFINATELY had a positive impact in getting rid of the anti-gay sentiment. He's the first republican president who has very publicly supported the gay community and those who support him that were anti-gay have quickly changed their tunes and become WAY more tolerant and accepting not to mention he also has a very good following from the gay community as a result.
Wow you couldn't be more wrong.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...nation-1661311

Just this week, Trump has issued an executive order allowing government contractors to discriminate against LGBT people. He has already pushed for protections for doctors to refuse life-saving treatment to gay people. Homophobia is definitely on the rise and Trump is a big reason why. A big part of why Trump is so popular is conservatives angry over same-sex marriage and Obama lighting up the White House rainbow (though that event was part of a larger issue for conservatives; Dems acknowledging Americans that aren't white, straight, and the right kind of Christian).

And churches aren't anti-gay? There was a huge "Make America Straight Again" conference recently in Florida in which pastors openly called for the death penalty against LGBT people. That is the face of the Republican Party today.

As far as taxing the churches, they have been one and the same as one of America's two major political parties since the early 1980s, when Reagan courted Jerry Falwell to help him win. Why shouldn't they pay taxes? They are in essence arms of the Republican Party. These days, there is very little separation between the Republican Party and white "born again" evangelical Christianity.

Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM

440 posts, read 94,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
This leftist clown builds a cartoonish caricature of hate in his own head so that he can justify his own extreme, unhinged hatred. Seek help, dude. You're sick.
Sick is too strong a term. I think it's mostly just the kind of tirade that rolls around in your head when you spend too much time on the internet with the TV in the background spewing out editorials couched as news. Any extra time is spent reposting political stuff on your Facebook feed to your 2200 'friends'.

Having Orange Hitler live in your head has got to be tiring but I honestly think there's an endorphin rush from the whole deal.

Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM

30,139 posts, read 15,692,591 times
Quote:
And churches aren't anti-gay? There was a huge "Make America Straight Again" conference recently in Florida in which pastors openly called for the death penalty against LGBT people.
Link to a real source?

Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM

1,560 posts, read 727,493 times
Quote:
In other words, your extreme, unhinged hatred for anyone not white, heterosexual, or the right kind of Christian. It's about your desire for an America where gays are forced back in the closet, women are forced to be in the home and subservient to their husbands, brown people know their place and stay in it with a smile, the Bible is taught to every child in public school by the state, and there's zero tolerance for any dissent or criticism of the state church. You call that freedom but that doesn't sound like freedom to me.
Is this a real person that typed this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or