U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:03 AM

17,958 posts, read 19,933,913 times

Advertisements

Lol, like I care what anti-Trumpers try to propagandize...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:04 AM

34,574 posts, read 18,773,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The smarter former Trump voters have to be waking up and saying "Hey... wait a minute. Donald Trump is not what I thought I was voting for, I may have made a mistake ." I know a couple of people in my circle of friends who were completely bullish on Trump in the beginning ........now, you don't get much out of them, and they look a little sheepish when the conversation swings that direction.

As much as we like to come down on Trump voters, not all of them are pickup truck with a dog in the back, low intelligence people. Some are actually nice people and smart. I think those are the people who will not be ashamed to admit they made a mistake. But his core base, some of whom we see daily on here, will never back down, and if he loses, they will be the most vocal and conspiracy believing people on the planet.

The anti-hillary former Trump voters have to be waking up and saying "Hey... wait a minute. Donald Trump is doing far more than I though I was voting for, I thought I made a mistake, but now....I'm glad I voted for him and will again in 2020." I know a couple of people in my circle of friends who were completely shy on Trump in the beginning ........now, you get tons out of them, and they glow with pride when the conversation about trump start....

Old Today, 08:10 AM
Status: "Make sure you include me in your manifesto" (set 15 days ago)

8,321 posts, read 3,254,706 times
Default Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Isn't that Jeff Epstein? Weird how much they look alike.

Anyways, America was offered up the perfect boy scout for POTUS in 2012. The economy was a mess, the country was a mess, nothing was going right and the GOP had every expectation that Mitt Romney would win. Romney refused to get into mudslinging personal attacks. He never did drugs, never smoked, never drank, never cheated on his wife, never got a divorce, had a long history of working with Democrats to get stuff done, etc. And ... he lost anyways. Some would say he looked weak. Others said he looked fake. But these were trivial, pathetic, ridiculous complaints against an obvious genuinely good man. He too was accused of being an evil racist, fascist and the rest of the list of buzzwords. Full disclosure, I supported and voted for Ron Paul, so no I'm not a Romney fanboy pining over poor Mitt losing. Just pointing out facts. America probably should have elected Romney because he was a good decent man and Obama was doing a terrible job, particularly at the time.

Fast forward to 2016. The GOP pre-coronated Jeb Bush. The voters weren't having it. Against non-stop haranguing and alarmism from the GOP elites, they nominated Donald Trump anyways. Donald Trump is immoral, irreverent, feisty, angry, rude, obnoxious, etc. He's the polar opposite of Mitt Romney and he's exactly what you get when nice, decent and respectable are spun by the media as weaknesses and flaws. It's a given that any Republican nominee will be called racist and sexist and all the rest, so now you've got a guy who refuses to tip-toe around things apologizing for every non-PC word or deed. He is the direct result of PC cultural backlash and it probably means he wins again in 2020.
Good post. We tried the candidates the never-Trumpers wanted in the past 2 elections and they lost handily, in no small part because they insisted on being above the fray and not swinging back. They would rather have been gentlemanly losers than combative winners, so that's what they were. The reality is if you're going to beat the democrats you're going to have to get in the mud with them. Deep in the mud. That's where the democrats always go and if you're not there with'em, you go home. Clean, but a loser.

Trump may have been an overcompensation. That's better than going the "losing with class" route Jeb was going to give them for the third time in a row though.

Old Today, 08:10 AM

10,222 posts, read 8,187,979 times
Like Trump or hate him, he is going to be the GOP nominee. He is running like 84% GOP approval.

Old Today, 08:14 AM

10,222 posts, read 8,187,979 times
Quote:

Anyways, America was offered up the perfect boy scout for POTUS in 2012. The economy was a mess, the country was a mess, nothing was going right and the GOP had every expectation that Mitt Romney would win. Romney refused to get into mudslinging personal attacks. He never did drugs, never smoked, never drank, never cheated on his wife, never got a divorce, had a long history of working with Democrats to get stuff done, etc. And ... he lost anyways. Some would say he looked weak. Others said he looked fake. But these were trivial, pathetic, ridiculous complaints against an obvious genuinely good man. He too was accused of being an evil racist, fascist and the rest of the list of buzzwords. Full disclosure, I supported and voted for Ron Paul, so no I'm not a Romney fanboy pining over poor Mitt losing. Just pointing out facts. America probably should have elected Romney because he was a good decent man and Obama was doing a terrible job, particularly at the time.

Fast forward to 2016. The GOP pre-coronated Jeb Bush. The voters weren't having it. Against non-stop haranguing and alarmism from the GOP elites, they nominated Donald Trump anyways. Donald Trump is immoral, irreverent, feisty, angry, rude, obnoxious, etc. He's the polar opposite of Mitt Romney and he's exactly what you get when nice, decent and respectable are spun by the media as weaknesses and flaws. It's a given that any Republican nominee will be called racist and sexist and all the rest, so now you've got a guy who refuses to tip-toe around things apologizing for every non-PC word or deed. He is the direct result of PC cultural backlash and it probably means he wins again in 2020.
Different version of good. Good men dont run bust outs of companies to go from rich to richer on the backs of making middle class retirees poorer. (Bain and for example Worldwide Grinding) Okay Romney is not a womanizer or a stoner.

Old Today, 08:21 AM

1,812 posts, read 362,850 times
Quote:

Really great post. Don't have much to add except that by re-electing the failed Obama in 2012, Obama's voters pretty much elected Trump in 2020.

Old Today, 08:30 AM

5,304 posts, read 3,791,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The smarter former Trump voters have to be waking up and saying "Hey... wait a minute. Donald Trump is not what I thought I was voting for, I may have made a mistake ." I know a couple of people in my circle of friends who were completely bullish on Trump in the beginning ........now, you don't get much out of them, and they look a little sheepish when the conversation swings that direction.

As much as we like to come down on Trump voters, not all of them are pickup truck with a dog in the back, low intelligence people. Some are actually nice people and smart. I think those are the people who will not be ashamed to admit they made a mistake. But his core base, some of whom we see daily on here, will never back down, and if he loses, they will be the most vocal and conspiracy believing people on the planet.
I'm a legal immigrant, naturalized American citizen, college educated, small business owning woman. I also own a truck and a dog (although I don't let her ride in the back). Voting for Trump. Your contrived insults are amusing. In a low brow, desperate, delusional sort of way.

Old Today, 08:40 AM

22,736 posts, read 11,727,712 times
Not sure why the country club Republicans aren’t making more noise but most likely because the left is even crazier than Trump. Market killing tariffs may be better than what the Democrats have in store.

The lesser evil has never been more evil.

Old Today, 08:42 AM

46,748 posts, read 34,407,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who?
He was a former 2 year House of Representative in my district and a fiscal conservative.

He was briefly a darling of the Tea Party Movement and had a knack for making outrageous public statements and received more than his fair share of media attention.

He has since moved onto conservative radio. He has been critical of Trump no diff than Obama spending and tax cuts without offsetting spending cuts. He also is not a fan of some of Trumpís rhetoric despite his former flamboyant language.

Old Today, 08:44 AM

9,333 posts, read 4,252,306 times
Quote:
He is the direct result of PC cultural backlash and it probably means he wins again in 2020.
In other words, your extreme, unhinged hatred for anyone not white, heterosexual, or the right kind of Christian. It's about your desire for an America where gays are forced back in the closet, women are forced to be in the home and subservient to their husbands, brown people know their place and stay in it with a smile, the Bible is taught to every child in public school by the state, and there's zero tolerance for any dissent or criticism of the state church. You call that freedom but that doesn't sound like freedom to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or