U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:04 AM

30,090 posts, read 15,681,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Joe Walsh is calling for a primary challenger to take on President Donald Trump in 2020,"

Is HE going to do t?

"People are jumping ship", only in your dreams.
Yep, nobody who voted for him in 2016 will ditch him for trying to keep his campaign promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:06 AM

3,103 posts, read 671,347 times
If Walsh were to become the next president, he would be hit with the same hate as Trump. Any Republican will be called "racist," "white supremacist," "bigot," yada yada yada.

Old Today, 10:09 AM

314 posts, read 301,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The smarter former Trump voters have to be waking up and saying "Hey... wait a minute. Donald Trump is not what I thought I was voting for, I may have made a mistake ." I know a couple of people in my circle of friends who were completely bullish on Trump in the beginning ........now, you don't get much out of them, and they look a little sheepish when the conversation swings that direction.

As much as we like to come down on Trump voters, not all of them are pickup truck with a dog in the back, low intelligence people. Some are actually nice people and smart. I think those are the people who will not be ashamed to admit they made a mistake. But his core base, some of whom we see daily on here, will never back down, and if he loses, they will be the most vocal and conspiracy believing people on the planet.

As someone who couldn't bring myself to pull the lever for either candidate in 2016, I looked at the 2016 elections as an choice between two bad candidates. I'm a right leaning moderate although in all honesty I tend to lean more Libertarian than anything.

As for 2016, I simply wasn't going to vote for Hillary...she epitomizes everything most people (on the right and left) find disgusting about the politically connected establishment elitist class in Washington. Trump, on the other hand, was an outsider with no political experience whose brash arrogance and narcissism scared me too much to feel comfortable voting for him either. Trump won of course so we were going into uncharted territory.

The single biggest eye opener to me since Trump was elected hasn't been his behavior or even the fact that despite all the doom and gloom predictions of how he would destroy the country he has actually done a much better than expected job. Neither of those have come as a shock. What HAS shocked me is the reaction to Trump's presidency and the absolute nuclear level freak out from Democratic politicians, Democratic voters, and the mainstream media which leads me to your comment about a couple of your friends.

Your friends may truly regret voting for Trump. On the other hand, they may be scared s###less of letting anyone know they voted for him in 2016 or are daring to vote for him in 2020. Trump supporters practically have been driven underground by the maniacal hatred from the left. Your career and maybe even your physical safety is at risk for daring to admit you support the president. The silent Trump voter level in 2020 may dwarf that of 2016 given the risk some people run for admitting they support the president

Old Today, 10:10 AM

22,631 posts, read 9,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Did that massive rally in New Hampshire last night make you think that people are defecting from Trump?

LOL
Nah--it was the latest Fox News Poll. And I really doubt people are afraid to tell Fox News they would vote for Trump.

"...Fox News poll released Thursday showed President Trump losing head-to-head matchups against four of the top Democratic presidential primary contenders.

...The poll found Trump with 39 percent support among registered voters in head-to-head matchups against Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). The poll found Sanders beating Trump with 48 percent, Warren winning over Trump with 45 percent and Harris winning with 46 percent support....

Former Vice President Joe Biden, meanwhile, beat Trump in the theoretical matchup with 50 percent support among those surveyed, compared to Trump's 38 percent..."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ers-and-harris

Old Today, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nah--it was the latest Fox News Poll.

"...Fox News poll released Thursday showed President Trump losing head-to-head matchups against four of the top Democratic presidential primary contenders.

...The poll found Trump with 39 percent support among registered voters in head-to-head matchups against Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.). The poll found Sanders beating Trump with 48 percent, Warren winning over Trump with 45 percent and Harris winning with 46 percent support....

Former Vice President Joe Biden, meanwhile, beat Trump in the theoretical matchup with 50 percent support among those surveyed, compared to Trump's 38 percent..."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ers-and-harris
Ask President Hillary about polls. Lol

Old Today, 10:14 AM

3,635 posts, read 981,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50n5...&feature=share

Former Republican Rep. Joe Walsh is calling for a primary challenger to take on President Donald Trump in 2020, as he is reckoning with his past controversial comments and apologizing for his role in helping elect an "unfit con man" to the presidency.

People are jumping ship faster these days trying to get away from Trumpís sinking ship.
I'm a democrat that voted for Trump because I got tired of the anti constitutionalism of the left.

Old Today, 10:17 AM

5,305 posts, read 3,791,816 times
Quote:
Strange that things like him making ugly comments about people from other countries, or his life long disdain for, and sexual abuse of, women, or his inability to have any conversation without attacking other people, does not bother you.

If I were a thinking, successful woman, I would be highly insulted by the things he says and the things he does to women. I am always surprised when some woman says she can accept that and actually vote for such a person. But, I guess that is why I am not a Psychiatrist.
Beating the same dead horse you've been beating for almost 3 years now dude. You need new material. Seriously.

Old Today, 10:17 AM

3,635 posts, read 981,057 times
Quote:
The smarter former Trump voters have to be waking up and saying "Hey... wait a minute. Donald Trump is not what I thought I was voting for, I may have made a mistake ." I know a couple of people in my circle of friends who were completely bullish on Trump in the beginning ........now, you don't get much out of them, and they look a little sheepish when the conversation swings that direction.

As much as we like to come down on Trump voters, not all of them are pickup truck with a dog in the back, low intelligence people. Some are actually nice people and smart. I think those are the people who will not be ashamed to admit they made a mistake. But his core base, some of whom we see daily on here, will never back down, and if he loses, they will be the most vocal and conspiracy believing people on the planet.
But it sure as hell doesn't mean we support the anti-American democrats. If I have to choose between the two, I'll choose the lesser of two evils.

Old Today, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Beating the same dead horse you've been beating for almost 3 years now dude. You need new material. Seriously.
But Trump is goung to be impeached for Russian collusion any day now. Lol

Old Today, 10:26 AM

12,362 posts, read 3,348,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What in blazes are you on about? If we all start a fundraiser for your moving expenses, will you actually move? Oklahoma is doing strange things to your logical thinking skills.
It's not just that he lives in Oklahoma, it's also that he's gay man, he has a strict Southern Baptist family, and to top it off, he's the pastor's son. But I can't help but wonder if, at least a little bit, he likes playing the victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or