U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:30 AM

9,342 posts, read 4,252,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
If Walsh were to become the next president, he would be hit with the same hate as Trump. Any Republican will be called "racist," "white supremacist," "bigot," yada yada yada.
I disagree.

Trump intentionally spites people who aren't his base. He acts like he's President of white Christian America ONLY and that everyone else isn't even a real American. A lot of the pushback against him is because of that. George W. Bush at least tried to act like the President of all Americans, even though he did a pretty poor job of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:37 AM

11,745 posts, read 2,903,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The attendance broke an all time record for Manchester.
As before, during the 2016 election, Demwits believe mainstream media propaganda instead of their own lying eyes.

Old Today, 10:39 AM

30,092 posts, read 15,681,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I disagree.

Trump intentionally spites people who aren't his base. He acts like he's President of white Christian America ONLY and that everyone else isn't even a real American. A lot of the pushback against him is because of that. George W. Bush at least tried to act like the President of all Americans, even though he did a pretty poor job of it.
"Deplorables"?

Old Today, 10:40 AM

22,631 posts, read 9,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Ask President Hillary about polls. Lol
Seriously? You guys need some new deflections regarding Trump's sinking polls.

But, I'll play. Ask the minority House Republicans about polls. Lol.

Old Today, 10:41 AM

12,362 posts, read 3,348,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
What an utterly nasty thing to say. Truck and dog owners are "low intelligence people"? Really? Let me clear a few things up for you. I'm an Independent and Trump was dead last on my list of the Republicans that I considered voting for but when it came down to Trump or Clinton, it was a no brainer for me and millions of other Americans. To this day, I will not tell my kids who I voted for because they are neverTrumpers and I didn't want to cause a rift in my family. MAYBE, that's why your "smarter former Trump voters" are looking a little "sheepish". They are sick of being insulted and ridiculed for who they voted for and they quietly still support him and will vote for him again.

Remember, the polls had Hillary winning by a landslide but the "silent majority" went to the polls and proved them wrong. Since the election, I'm even more convinced I voted correctly. Do I agree with everything Trump says or does? Absolutely not! But he is definitely shaking things up and people are being exposed for who they really are and it ain't pretty. He's also accomplished a lot of what he promised which is a refreshing change from others who've promised things and never delivered.

My bet is the "silent majority" will re-elect him because the alternative options are literally unhinged and have gone bat sh*t crazy with the policies they are supporting. Trump supporters aren't as stupid as you think they are. We KNOW these far left wing ideas are bad for our country and expect who ever wins the primary on the left will quickly try to move center in order to try and attract the independents and moderates. It's not going to work because we "low intelligence people" are smart enough to know what is going on.

Had Democrats put out better candidates that were more moderate and they ran their campaigns that way, they might have had a real chance. I'd say the Democrats are the low intelligence people.
But it didn't come down to Trump or Clinton.

There were other people on the ballot, and if those wren't preferred, people could have written someone in.

That anyone else was unlikely to win is irrelevant.

People's principles should be more important than being on the 'winning team'.

Old Today, 10:42 AM

9,825 posts, read 2,411,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Getting your car keyed will do that.
I live and work in a deep red county.

There are some bars around here I don't go back to because of past expressions of hostility towards me. I get along with the neighbors though, very well. They know how I feel about Trump.

Old Today, 10:43 AM

30,092 posts, read 15,681,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Seriously? You guys need some new deflections regarding Trump's sinking polls.

But, I'll play. Ask the minority House Republicans about polls. Lol.
So, the 2016 polls were correct?

Old Today, 10:43 AM

9,825 posts, read 2,411,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
As before, during the 2016 election, Demwits believe mainstream media propaganda instead of their own lying eyes.
We'll bookmark this post and revisit it later ...

Old Today, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Getting your car keyed will do that.
Obama supporters had cars keyed and tires punctured. Didn't stop vocal support for him.

Old Today, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, the 2016 polls were correct?
Yes.

"...You read that right. Polls of the November 2016 presidential election were about as accurate as polls of presidential elections have been on average since 1972. And polls of gubernatorial and congressional elections in 2016 were about as accurate, on average, as polls of those races since 1998. Furthermore, polls of elections since 2016 meaning, the 2017 gubernatorial elections and the various special elections to Congress this year and last year have been slightly more accurate than average...."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...are-all-right/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or