Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 08:42 AM

17,720 posts, read 13,420,999 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50n5...&feature=share

Former Republican Rep. Joe Walsh is calling for a primary challenger to take on President Donald Trump in 2020, as he is reckoning with his past controversial comments and apologizing for his role in helping elect an "unfit con man" to the presidency.

People are jumping ship faster these days trying to get away from Trump’s sinking ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 08:42 AM

46,176 posts, read 26,838,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

Former Republican Rep. Joe Walsh is calling for a primary challenger to take on President Donald Trump in 2020, as he is reckoning with his past controversial comments and apologizing for his role in helping elect an "unfit con man" to the presidency.

People are jumping ship faster these days trying to get away from Trump’s sinking ship.

Who?

Old 08-16-2019, 08:44 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,761,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
who?

lol :d

Old 08-16-2019, 08:50 AM

2,741 posts, read 2,959,019 times
Quote:
Who?

I think he was in the Eagles, and he apparently also has a Maserati that does 185...

Old 08-16-2019, 08:50 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,696,674 times
The smarter former Trump voters have to be waking up and saying "Hey... wait a minute. Donald Trump is not what I thought I was voting for, I may have made a mistake ." I know a couple of people in my circle of friends who were completely bullish on Trump in the beginning ........now, you don't get much out of them, and they look a little sheepish when the conversation swings that direction.

As much as we like to come down on Trump voters, not all of them are pickup truck with a dog in the back, low intelligence people. Some are actually nice people and smart. I think those are the people who will not be ashamed to admit they made a mistake. But his core base, some of whom we see daily on here, will never back down, and if he loses, they will be the most vocal and conspiracy believing people on the planet.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:55 AM

732 posts, read 385,717 times
Quote:
Who?
Some Epstein look-alike I think.

I expect that his Twitter account has some sort of silly anti-Trump missive every 1/2 hour or so. Like most of these guys, he'll be worse than the man he claims to hate. I guess it's a way to make the CNN rounds as the 'good' Republican.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:57 AM

30,463 posts, read 17,896,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Some Epstein look-alike I think.

I expect that his Twitter account has some sort of silly anti-Trump missive every 1/2 hour or so. Like most of these guys, he'll be worse than the man he claims to hate. I guess it's a way to make the CNN rounds as the 'good' Republican.
That's the FIRST thing that came to mind when I saw his face. Seriously, if they ever need someone for the Epstein flick, they have their guy

Old 08-16-2019, 08:59 AM

12,682 posts, read 6,679,760 times
Quote:

Isn't that Jeff Epstein? Weird how much they look alike.

Anyways, America was offered up the perfect boy scout for POTUS in 2012. The economy was a mess, the country was a mess, nothing was going right and the GOP had every expectation that Mitt Romney would win. Romney refused to get into mudslinging personal attacks. He never did drugs, never smoked, never drank, never cheated on his wife, never got a divorce, had a long history of working with Democrats to get stuff done, etc. And ... he lost anyways. Some would say he looked weak. Others said he looked fake. But these were trivial, pathetic, ridiculous complaints against an obvious genuinely good man. He too was accused of being an evil racist, fascist and the rest of the list of buzzwords. Full disclosure, I supported and voted for Ron Paul, so no I'm not a Romney fanboy pining over poor Mitt losing. Just pointing out facts. America probably should have elected Romney because he was a good decent man and Obama was doing a terrible job, particularly at the time.

Fast forward to 2016. The GOP pre-coronated Jeb Bush. The voters weren't having it. Against non-stop haranguing and alarmism from the GOP elites, they nominated Donald Trump anyways. Donald Trump is immoral, irreverent, feisty, angry, rude, obnoxious, etc. He's the polar opposite of Mitt Romney and he's exactly what you get when nice, decent and respectable are spun by the media as weaknesses and flaws. It's a given that any Republican nominee will be called racist and sexist and all the rest, so now you've got a guy who refuses to tip-toe around things apologizing for every non-PC word or deed. He is the direct result of PC cultural backlash and it probably means he wins again in 2020.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:02 AM

732 posts, read 385,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The smarter former Trump voters have to be waking up and saying "Hey... wait a minute. Donald Trump is not what I thought I was voting for, I may have made a mistake ."
At this point, I'm far more pro-Trump than at the election. He's made a good solid effort on mass immigration from the Third World against truly yuge odds.

The thing is, the palace coup that got run on the man even before his policies got started up was a real shot across the bow to a lot of people. There's something malevolent in the middle of the machinery of government and it represents an existential threat to our country. I can forgive Trump a lot if his only superpower is to stand in the way of those people.

Generally, I'd say that Donald Trump, flaws and all, represents the immune system of Western Civilization kicking in.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:02 AM

27,254 posts, read 28,317,220 times
Quote:
Did that massive rally in New Hampshire last night make you think that people are defecting from Trump?

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies