Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2019, 10:51 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Because his opponents on the left are such fine, upstanding people, eh?

If setting a good example for children were a criteria for POTUS, the oval office would have been empty for the last 30 years.
No kidding.

A child's parents, other adults in the family, other trusted adults close to the family, and some people in certain parts of the local community should be looked to as role models, not politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
Yup, you'd think by now Democrats would figure out that it does them no good to insult the fly over country. I've been trying to tell them since the election this is a big reason Trump won. The left has ignored the fly over country for years and continuously insults them by saying they are uneducated, deplorable hillbillies. Yet they continue to insist RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA. Russia didn't put a gun to anybody's head on election day to make them vote for Trump. Russia's FaceBook posts didn't sway even one voter, hell, I'm still trying to find a Russian post on FB so I can at least see what they look like and can't find any.

When Clinton called Trump supporters "Deplorables", she pissed off not only Trump supporters but voters that were still on the fence. Again, I've been telling Democrats what caused Clinton to lose since the election but they aren't smart enough to listen and as a result, they'll lose again.
Chuck's response was knee-jerk and super sensitive. That poster Chuck was replying to is not a Democrat, and didn't vote for Hillary.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:01 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,340,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I've only heard about WalkAway on this site and on Fox News. Even if I don't love everything about the Democratic Party, and I don't, the Republican Party as it is today is far worse.

And Trump along with most of his base are racist against immigrants, legal or illegal. You don't get to tell a legal immigrant to go back where they came from and say you aren't racist.
The reason you haven't heard about them anywhere else is because of blatant media bias. When WalkAway first debuted over a year ago, MSM came out and said it was fake, Russian lead, etc. etc. and they've said nothing about them since because it was quickly revealed MSM was wrong. I never realized how biased our "news sources" really were until the 2016 campaign and their claim that WalkAway was fake further proved it to me. I KNEW Brandon Straka, the founder of WalkAway, LONG before he launched it so I knew it was real.

I was a avid CNN watcher for decades, then I started fact checking on my own because I kept hearing completely different stances on various stories and wanted to know what the truth was. I discovered that so much of what CNN was reporting was nothing but opinion, not fact. Same is true for Fox and MSNBC. NONE of them are actual "news". They all spin things to fit their narrative and it appears you are falling for it by buying into the fake racism claims against Trump supporters.

When Trump told "the Squad" to go back where they come from, he DID NOT tell them to go back to their "countries" as was reported by biased news nor was it racist. He told them to go back to where they came from (city, country, where ever) and fix the problems there, then come back and tell the rest of us how to fix the problems in the rest of the country. I found nothing about that racist at all.

As far as immigrants go, NOBODY is opposed to immigrants, NOBODY and calling people who support LEGAL immigration racists is just BS and quite frankly is getting really old. Every country in the world has immigration laws and many are far tougher than ours, does that make them racist? Just research what it takes to migrate to another country. As a sovereign nation, we have every right and a Constitutional duty to determine who comes into our country and how. Our immigration system is completely broken and needs to be fixed but until then, we still have to protect our borders and it is not racist to do so.

I suppose you are in support of the open borders and decriminalizing illegal immigration like much of our Democrat presidential candidates are? I sincerely hope you continue to feel the way you do and that your far left democrat friends and politicians fallow suit. It will guarantee Trump will win again.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:07 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The irony is that the Democrats have been insulting those who don't agree with them for years. An argument can be made that Trump having the support he does is a direct result of the disdain that Democrats have shown for Americans.
Bulsh!t. That argument could be made but it is false and simply reflective of right-wing hatred of any effort to improve the life of average Americans. You know, things like healthcare, parental/family leave, Social Security and safety net programs, clean air, clean water, work safety...to name a few.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:12 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
I suppose you are in support of the open borders and decriminalizing illegal immigration like much of our Democrat presidential candidates are? I sincerely hope you continue to feel the way you do and that your far left democrat friends and politicians fallow suit. It will guarantee Trump will win again.
I don't support open borders and I think the current crop of Democrats are too far left on immigration, but Trump and Republicans are too far right. Nonetheless, that issue to me takes a back seat to separation of church and state which Trump and Republicans want to destroy. A vote for Republicans is a vote for fundamentalist Christian rule and a vote for the Bible over the U.S. Constitution. It's a vote against my own rights as a gay person and as an atheist.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
But it didn't come down to Trump or Clinton.

There were other people on the ballot, and if those wren't preferred, people could have written someone in.

That anyone else was unlikely to win is irrelevant.

People's principles should be more important than being on the 'winning team'.
It had nothing to do with “being on the winning teamâ€. If that were the case, based on the polls, we’d have Clinton in the White House right now because the polls and pundits all said she would “win in a landslideâ€. It had everything to do with not wanting the same crap, different candidate but worse because it was Clinton. We all knew it was Trump vs Clinton and we did NOT want Clinton.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Obama supporters had cars keyed and tires punctured. Didn't stop vocal support for him.
People are getting harassed and physically assaulted over a damn hat for Heaven’s sake yet democrats insist republicans are violent

Old 08-16-2019, 11:18 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
People are getting harassed and physically assaulted over a damn hat for Heaven’s sake yet democrats insist republicans are violent
Are you saying that there is a conspiracy to do violence towards hats? Millions you say?

Old 08-16-2019, 11:26 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump is getting what done? Trump's major non-accomplishments:

Mexico never paid for the wall
Obamacare wasn't repealed
5% GDP growth promise -- never came close
Huge tax cuts that didn't pay for themselves as promised
Huge tax cuts that are racking up huge deficits
Raised taxes on consumers with tariffs
Destroyed ag markets with tariffs, family farms going bankrupt
North Korea still has nukes
The Nobel prize he never got
Obstructed justice 10 times
Former campaign manager in jail
Former best friend is a dead pedophile
More time spent playing golf than any other president

Trump is running for reelection on these "accomplishments" ???
But bigoted Trump supporters love him far more for the things he says, such as talk about being against illegal immigrants, rather than for the things he does.

Old 08-16-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
The reason you haven't heard about them anywhere else is because of blatant media bias. When WalkAway first debuted over a year ago, MSM came out and said it was fake, Russian lead, etc. etc. and they've said nothing about them since because it was quickly revealed MSM was wrong. I never realized how biased our "news sources" really were until the 2016 campaign and their claim that WalkAway was fake further proved it to me. I KNEW Brandon Straka, the founder of WalkAway, LONG before he launched it so I knew it was real.

I was a avid CNN watcher for decades, then I started fact checking on my own because I kept hearing completely different stances on various stories and wanted to know what the truth was. I discovered that so much of what CNN was reporting was nothing but opinion, not fact. Same is true for Fox and MSNBC. NONE of them are actual "news". They all spin things to fit their narrative and it appears you are falling for it by buying into the fake racism claims against Trump supporters.

When Trump told "the Squad" to go back where they come from, he DID NOT tell them to go back to their "countries" as was reported by biased news nor was it racist. He told them to go back to where they came from (city, country, where ever) and fix the problems there, then come back and tell the rest of us how to fix the problems in the rest of the country. I found nothing about that racist at all.

As far as immigrants go, NOBODY is opposed to immigrants, NOBODY and calling people who support LEGAL immigration racists is just BS and quite frankly is getting really old. Every country in the world has immigration laws and many are far tougher than ours, does that make them racist? Just research what it takes to migrate to another country. As a sovereign nation, we have every right and a Constitutional duty to determine who comes into our country and how. Our immigration system is completely broken and needs to be fixed but until then, we still have to protect our borders and it is not racist to do so.

Telling them to come back is irrelevant. It was still a statement that can be viewed as racist. I'm not saying that Trump is a racist, I'm saying that his statement doesn't deserve to be viewed as not being racist.

Trump telling them to come back doesn't change the fact that he told an inarguably non white U.S. born, U.S. citizen (Rep. Pressley) whose parents, as far as we know, were also born in the U.S., to 'go back'.

If you don't find anything at all about his statement to be racist, then you don't understand anything about the 'go back trope'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies