U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: DMV Area/NYC/Honolulu
12,462 posts, read 6,498,986 times
Reputation: 12037

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
While I agree Conservatives held Obama accountable. Why the double standards?
Conservatives held Obama accountable largely with refusing to sign off on new stimulus spending plans that he had in mind; but this was only after they retook Congress in 2010.

Conservatives--when they held a unified government from 2017-2019--passed massive spending cuts in the House, but Senate Democrats filibustered these plans.

I hardly expect the GOP to give up on their other plans to shape the federal government, even if Democrats won't let them offset some of these plans with appropriate spending cuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
14,942 posts, read 9,244,842 times
Reputation: 9975
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Conservatives held Obama accountable largely with refusing to sign off on new stimulus spending plans that he had in mind; but this was only after they retook Congress in 2010.

Conservatives--when they held a unified government from 2017-2019--passed massive spending cuts in the House, but Senate Democrats filibustered these plans.

I hardly expect the GOP to give up on their other plans to shape the federal government, even if Democrats won't let them offset some of these plans with appropriate spending cuts.
As a whole I donít see people holding their own elected officials accountable for their lack of actions or accountability. It seems easier to blame the other party and look away when their said elected official drops the ball continuously. This goes for BOTH parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:20 AM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
17,488 posts, read 19,743,118 times
Reputation: 13331
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
As a former HARD CORE Trump supporter I have ( I believe anyways) a unique view of this whole thing. The way Trump supporters will stick with him NO MATTER WHAT he does,says,doesn't do etc is extremely disturbing.
One thing Obama said that I agree with is that America "is not a speedboat but an oceanliner."

Most of the change in this country is very incremental. Big changes don't happen in just 2 and half years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:28 AM
 
12,801 posts, read 3,985,348 times
Reputation: 3867
Even if what you said about Trump is true, what good would it do to not vote for him? Who else are we going to vote for? The candidate won't win and even if he did why would the outcome be any better? The wealthiest, political parties, judges, media and deep state are obviously the ones really running the country.

I really don't think it is Trump fault that things he promised didn't get done when he was blocked by those I mentioned. I hope Trump gets 4 more years, then we can critique him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:32 AM
 
5,839 posts, read 1,569,099 times
Reputation: 3596
Many of us Trump supporters are former Democrats ourselves, so we are fully aware of how liberals think and see the world. That is why we are at an advantage, having been liberals when we were young and having grown up. Liberals are the ones who are unable to comprehend that anyone has a world-view other than theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
14,942 posts, read 9,244,842 times
Reputation: 9975
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post

Liberals are the ones who are unable to comprehend that anyone has a world-view other than theirs.
Donít kid yourself conservatives are the same way looking at the world though blinders on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:43 AM
 
1,146 posts, read 203,162 times
Reputation: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I remember when Obama was running and his supporters “mostly black.” Held him as the second coming of Christ. I think the number was like 87% of blacks. They didn’t care about his policies just like Trump voters didn’t care. Trump fueled their hate for Obama and Hillary and ran with it. His motto though out his campaign was “trust me it’s going to be great.”

Trump keeps pushing the envelope and his supporters don’t care who it hurts or how damaging it is to this country that they claim to love.
Obama supporters could not be "Mostly black" just based on votes totals and the Black Population. This is a BS line that gets repeated without anyone just thinking about the statement for more than 2 seconds.
The number of 87% black would be 87% of black voters, not the entire black population as you seem to think. And that 87% of back voters is less than half of all black folks in the USA, approx. 6% of the population. Your wayyy off here.

So that would mean.

White People Elected Obama with some help from the Black voters, Surprise. But that should not be a surprise considering a lot of White voters swing from one party to the next every 4-8 years. This trend has been true for 100 years.

Besides why blame a population that accounts for 12% of all residents as the ones responsible for the problems in the USA. Seems the majority population that controls, local, State, and Federal agencies from top to bottom should be held responsible for the issues YOU don't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 10:47 AM
 
12,801 posts, read 3,985,348 times
Reputation: 3867
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Donít kid yourself conservatives are the same way looking at the world though blinders on.
I'm not kidding myself. I don't like democrat policies and proposals. Many of them taken alone are show stoppers and non-starters, like open borders and replacing people like me with people not like me, not supporting the concept of free speech and free consciousness...well I could go on but didn't intend to make a list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
14,942 posts, read 9,244,842 times
Reputation: 9975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Obama supporters could not be "Mostly black" just based on votes totals and the Black Population. This is a BS line that gets repeated without anyone just thinking about the statement for more than 2 seconds.
The number of 87% black would be 87% of black voters, not the entire black population as you seem to think. And that 87% of back voters is less than half of all black folks in the USA, approx. 6% of the population. Your wayyy off here.

So that would mean.

White People Elected Obama with some help from the Black voters, Surprise. But that should not be a surprise considering a lot of White voters swing from one party to the next every 4-8 years. This trend has been true for 100 years.

Besides why blame a population that accounts for 12% of all residents as the ones responsible for the problems in the USA. Seems the majority population that controls, local, State, and Federal agencies from top to bottom should be held responsible for the issues YOU don't like.
I stand corrected it was 83%.

Blacks outvoted whites in 2012, the first time on record – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs


Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm not kidding myself. I don't like democrat policies and proposals. Many of them taken alone are show stoppers and non-starters, like open borders and replacing people like me with people not like me, not supporting the concept of free speech and free consciousness...well I could go on but didn't intend to make a list.

Since Trump took office conservatives have ignored every thing sexist, racist that Trump has spouted out of his mouth. Trump makes NO mistakes in their eyes their world revolves around him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2019, 11:28 AM
Status: "Censorship is for totalitarians" (set 5 days ago)
 
63 posts, read 10,852 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Oh, I see it from both sides, which is exactly why I will be supporting President Trump in 2020.

Do I agree with everything that President Trump does? Hell no. But he has largely kept to his promises and we are seeing many great things as a result (record stock market, criminal justice reform, record low unemployment for blacks and Latinos, low unemployment generally, renegotiating trade deals, making NATO members and other allies pay more for us troop presence, the federal judiciary, etc.). Not to mention today's Democrat Party makes it easy to support Trump.
True enough but the things that matter to me, The Wall,Stopping illegal immigration,etc he has failed at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Is the OP a Shareblue Stalwart doing as instructed?

I am more interested in HARD CORE Democrats who are 'woke' and have walked away from their party. Inspiring, emotional stories. Half a million strong and growing!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk&t=10s
No. I can PM you my real name and I am sure you can look up who I voted for and if I remember correctly donated to in 2016.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why not? Give us your list of reasons
I am a straight white male who believes in traditional values. The democrats are the FARTHEST party from my beliefs
I don't believe in gun grabbing,homosexual marriage,flooding country with illegals,affirmative action etc etc etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Even if what you said about Trump is true, what good would it do to not vote for him? Who else are we going to vote for? The candidate won't win and even if he did why would the outcome be any better? The wealthiest, political parties, judges, media and deep state are obviously the ones really running the country.

I really don't think it is Trump fault that things he promised didn't get done when he was blocked by those I mentioned. I hope Trump gets 4 more years, then we can critique him.
By participating in the system I help it stay afloat. I want it to all crash and burn.

Last edited by ET14; 08-16-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top