U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:15 AM

61 posts, read 9,342 times

Advertisements

As a former HARD CORE Trump supporter I have ( I believe anyways) a unique view of this whole thing. The way Trump supporters will stick with him NO MATTER WHAT he does,says,doesn't do etc is extremely disturbing.

Has already trampled on 2nd amendment and continues to do so
Wants most legal immigrants EVER by his own words
Has deported less illlegals than Obama!
Wall isn't even CLOSE to being built,a private group got more done in a few weeks than he has in several YEARS...I know the left keeps blocking him etc but come on this is just a campaign thing he can keep claiming he will finish if reelected
Has not even brought up paid maternity leave which he said he would do.
We are STILL in wars in the ME despite his non interventionist campaign promises
Will they EVER try to make the tax cuts for the middle class permanent? They expire in 2025...
Has NOT cut spending AT ALL.

IMO its like being in an abusive relationship...you can see the stuff he does,doesn't do and says but his core base STICKS WITH HIM!

I won't leave all my ire for Trump and his supporters but my point is IMO this is worse in some ways than Obama supporters were...I mean they had songs and crap wrote about him,had a little childrens almost military like unit marching to a song about him, people praised him simply because he was the first black president etc I can't stomach this admiration for politicians who are obviously not good for America.

I WILL NOT vote for a democrat or Trump in 2020 so that is clear for everyone....I guess I can see it from both sides now because I was the one cracking jokes about the way people slobbered over Obama but now I see it from the Trump supporters and unfortunately I was one of them. I don't regret voting for him but in 2020 I refuse to back either major candidate...let it play out however it wants. I had such high hopes he was the one that was gonna save America and set things right but he hasn't and he won't really. I would rather see this entire sick system fall for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:21 AM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 11 days ago)

12,364 posts, read 6,476,995 times
Oh, I see it from both sides, which is exactly why I will be supporting President Trump in 2020.

Do I agree with everything that President Trump does? Hell no. But he has largely kept to his promises and we are seeing many great things as a result (record stock market, criminal justice reform, record low unemployment for blacks and Latinos, low unemployment generally, renegotiating trade deals, making NATO members and other allies pay more for us troop presence, the federal judiciary, etc.). Not to mention today's Democrat Party makes it easy to support Trump.

Old Today, 09:25 AM

14,903 posts, read 9,235,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Oh, I see it from both sides, which is exactly why I will be supporting President Trump in 2020.

Do I agree with everything that President Trump does? Hell no. But he has largely kept to his promises and we are seeing many great things as a result (record stock market, criminal justice reform, record low unemployment for blacks and Latinos, low unemployment generally, renegotiating trade deals, making NATO members and other allies pay more for us troop presence, the federal judiciary, etc.). Not to mention today's Democrat Party makes it easy to support Trump.
Yet.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...s/trumpometer/

Old Today, 09:26 AM

11,745 posts, read 2,903,575 times
Is the OP a Shareblue Stalwart doing as instructed?

I am more interested in HARD CORE Democrats who are 'woke' and have walked away from their party. Inspiring, emotional stories. Half a million strong and growing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk&t=10s

Old Today, 09:28 AM

11,745 posts, read 2,903,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET14 View Post
I WILL NOT vote for a democrat in 2020

Why not? Give us your list of reasons

Old Today, 09:35 AM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 11 days ago)

12,364 posts, read 6,476,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Firstly, you can't hold a president for not following through with certain campaign promises if Congress (you know, the other branch of partisan government) wouldn't go along.

All in all, he's done remarkable well at seeing his campaign promises, though, even with congressional (and often Democrat congressional) resistance.

Old Today, 09:37 AM

I remember when Obama was running and his supporters ďmostly black.Ē Held him as the second coming of Christ. I think the number was like 87% of blacks. They didnít care about his policies just like Trump voters didnít care. Trump fueled their hate for Obama and Hillary and ran with it. His motto though out his campaign was ďtrust me itís going to be great.Ē

Trump keeps pushing the envelope and his supporters donít care who it hurts or how damaging it is to this country that they claim to love.

Old Today, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Firstly, you can't hold a president for not following through with certain campaign promises if Congress (you know, the other branch of partisan government) wouldn't go along.

All in all, he's done remarkable well at seeing his campaign promises, though, even with congressional (and often Democrat congressional) resistance.
While I agree Conservatives held Obama accountable. Why the double standards?

Old Today, 09:57 AM

46,762 posts, read 34,407,940 times
All candidates over promise and seek to create a perception they alone can make it happen.
All POTUSs under deliver. Sometimes Congress will not play ball and sometimes, they donít even try.

While not enamored with say all of Bernieís intentions, only thing that seems certain, most of his agenda is DOA.

For example, I am not ď feelingĒ the Medicare for All approach to Universal Healthcare, supported by many Democrat candidates. Itís no diff than Trumpís repeated promises to take care of everyone and the government was going to pay for it or the promises to deliver better healthcare at a fraction of the cost.

Neither Trump Care 1 or 2 remotely came close to delivering on his campaign promises. In fact, if passed, it would have achieved the opposite. He dodged a bullet when they failed to pass.

I donít attribute or blame any POTUS or party for the good, bad or ugly in my own life.

Old Today, 09:57 AM

5,062 posts, read 997,105 times
Problem with seeing an issue from both sides is the following: those for the concern or those against might see a moderate as sympathizing with the opposing party. In addition, there is that concern of "I want to state my stance on this but I worry I might offend someone". Even if those for and those against said concern give valid reasons to back their opinions up, even those valid reasons can be flawed at times. How so? Sometimes cases backing-up said reasons might rely on pseudo-science, conspiracy theories, questionable studies, and personal experiences about said concern that might turn out to be half-true or flat-out false.

For Trump, I have seen enough liberals and conservatives point out his faults as POTUS that I don't see myself re-voting for him! Heck, I don't know if I will vote for anyone for the 2020 POTUS elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or