U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Opinion on illegal immigration/border security
Open up the border, let them all in, drugs/human trafficking as well. 1 0.49%
Secure the border, deport the "bad hombre's", offer path to citizenship for balance 68 33.33%
Secure the border, deport all illegals. 124 60.78%
Other, explain in response. 11 5.39%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 03:48 AM

4,815 posts, read 2,236,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The wall does not solve the drugs and/or weapons coming in from the legal points of entries, which is the majority of how they get in to the u.s. to begin with ... So what is the purpose of your wall really ... All in the knowing leaves one to question the real intent. If the real intent is what I think it is, that's just wrong on so many levels, it isn't even funny.

Fact-checking Trump officials: Most drugs enter US through legal ports of entry, not vast, open border

"But an analysis of data from the southern border indicates that the vast majority of narcotics enters through U.S. ports of entry, not the wide swaths of border in between where additional barriers could be erected."

^ So we know that isn't the real reason.

Is the u.s. keeping people in (a wall serves a dual purpose) or keeping people out, not to mention the ones living on the boarder that are u.s. citizens who loose rights to their property ... that is all any one thinks about is themselves, and for others a wall will affect their liberty ... who cares about them, right?

If Trump’s Border Wall Becomes Reality, Here’s How He Could Easily Get Private Land for It

"A law is supposed to protect property owners from low ball offers by the government when it takes land through eminent domain. But a letter shows how simple it is for officials to eviscerate what is already a pretty toothless law."
Cool countries, apparently some one thinks the wall is a cool idea for all the cool countries that have one, because that is what they talk about, is the advantage the countries with walls have and we should have one too. Like I said, wall envy. And yes, it is a stupid idea that you will not understand how stupid until it effects you personally ... that notion too is so wrong on so many levels, it isn't funny.

Take a good look at those countries and tell me that is the model, you'd like the u.s. to portray with a wall? With the depletion of human rights in the u.s. it very well could be we'd like to model the u.s after others and be the same as, rather than exceptional ... if that is the case, the u.s. is on the right track.
Individual sovereignty, how about those rights?

All of this sets a precedent where as they can legal detain (this is practiced today) u.s. citizens from their going or coming back into the u.s. Give 'em an inch, they may decide to take the mile too ... but don't see that now, so not to worry that'll it will ever, in your life time happen, and if it happens in other's life time, let them deal.
You're slapping your head and rolling your eyes based on assumptions. Why do you assume support for the wall has only to do with drugs and weapons, or that those who support the wall don't ALSO also support strong protections at ports of entry? Any tool that adds obstacles to human trafficking and the dangers it entails worthy of support.

You keep insisting on your dumb wall envy and cool countries schtick. It's much easier to invent reasons in your head for why other people believe certain things, than to actually listen to those who disagree with you and THINK about it. It's also easy to call something stupid when you can't provide evidence that a wall will cause more harm to Americans than what we've got now, while you ignore real world examples of walls working. Are you against eminent domain in all cases or just the border wall? And speaking of stupid, do you actually believe human trafficking doesn't harm private land owners with its trash, human waste, residue from drug smuggling, and trampling of the flora?) Sounds to me like you're the one obsessed with coolness, only in your instance it's illegal alien coolness, progressive coolness, open borders coolness. I think you've come down with a case of virtue signal envy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 09:03 AM

9,172 posts, read 4,539,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The wall does not solve the drugs and/or weapons coming in from the legal points of entries, which is the majority of how they get in to the u.s. to begin with ... So what is the purpose of your wall really ... All in the knowing leaves one to question the real intent. If the real intent is what I think it is, that's just wrong on so many levels, it isn't even funny.

Fact-checking Trump officials: Most drugs enter US through legal ports of entry, not vast, open border

"But an analysis of data from the southern border indicates that the vast majority of narcotics enters through U.S. ports of entry, not the wide swaths of border in between where additional barriers could be erected."

^ So we know that isn't the real reason.

Is the u.s. keeping people in (a wall serves a dual purpose) or keeping people out, not to mention the ones living on the boarder that are u.s. citizens who loose rights to their property ... that is all any one thinks about is themselves, and for others a wall will affect their liberty ... who cares about them, right?

If Trumpís Border Wall Becomes Reality, Hereís How He Could Easily Get Private Land for It

"A law is supposed to protect property owners from low ball offers by the government when it takes land through eminent domain. But a letter shows how simple it is for officials to eviscerate what is already a pretty toothless law."
Cool countries, apparently some one thinks the wall is a cool idea for all the cool countries that have one, because that is what they talk about, is the advantage the countries with walls have and we should have one too. Like I said, wall envy. And yes, it is a stupid idea that you will not understand how stupid until it effects you personally ... that notion too is so wrong on so many levels, it isn't funny.

Take a good look at those countries and tell me that is the model, you'd like the u.s. to portray with a wall? With the depletion of human rights in the u.s. it very well could be we'd like to model the u.s after others and be the same as, rather than exceptional ... if that is the case, the u.s. is on the right track.
Individual sovereignty, how about those rights?

All of this sets a precedent where as they can legal detain (this is practiced today) u.s. citizens from their going or coming back into the u.s. Give 'em an inch, they may decide to take the mile too ... but don't see that now, so not to worry that'll it will ever, in your life time happen, and if it happens in other's life time, let them deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
You're slapping your head and rolling your eyes based on assumptions. Why do you assume support for the wall has only to do with drugs and weapons, or that those who support the wall don't ALSO also support strong protections at ports of entry? Any tool that adds obstacles to human trafficking and the dangers it entails worthy of support.

You keep insisting on your dumb wall envy and cool countries schtick. It's much easier to invent reasons in your head for why other people believe certain things, than to actually listen to those who disagree with you and THINK about it. It's also easy to call something stupid when you can't provide evidence that a wall will cause more harm to Americans than what we've got now, while you ignore real world examples of walls working. Are you against eminent domain in all cases or just the border wall? And speaking of stupid, do you actually believe human trafficking doesn't harm private land owners with its trash, human waste, residue from drug smuggling, and trampling of the flora?) Sounds to me like you're the one obsessed with coolness, only in your instance it's illegal alien coolness, progressive coolness, open borders coolness. I think you've come down with a case of virtue signal envy.
Quote:
based on assumptions
I reported the facts, that's it, that is all I did.

Quote:
It's also easy to call something stupid when you can't provide evidence that a wall will cause more harm to Americans than what we've got now, while you ignore real world examples of walls working.
And when a person ignores the facts in how walls do not work (to keep out drugs and weapons) and they do cause harm to the citizens who properties are effected by them, what's that?

You keep believing what you want for whatever reason and I will keep knowing what I know and we will both walk away from this with an understanding.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:04 AM

9,172 posts, read 4,539,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
It may indeed happen, that eventually the US will cease to exist… not via tragic collapse, but gradual enervation into obsolescence.

I am the consummate globalist. Star Trek’s “United Federation of Planets” is my avowed ideal. Certainly, I wish the land and the denizens of what’s presently the USA, the best of fortune, happiness, tranquility, progress, safety and prosperity. But I regard none of these things as being specific to one or another nation, one or another national identity… and further, regard it to be quaint – nay, facile! – to identify any of these boons with ethno-cultural sense of “nationhood’.

That the US was established on an idea, rather than on millennia of tribes migrating, fighting and settling, is further reason, to regard it today as a guesthouse/coffeehouse to the world, rather than as proper nation.
If I may add ...

Quote:
gradual enervation into obsolescence
Is the pattern of the fall of ancient civilizations. Interesting enough, they didn't last as long as modern day civilizations. It would take a focus study to understand why that is ...

Quote:
I am the consummate globalist. Star Trek’s “United Federation of Planets” is my avowed ideal.
Forty years of watching Star Trek; intrigued by the writer's expression leading to 'how would this play out in real time', in essence turning loose my (young) creative imaginations. I concluded, only in the evolution of people's hearts and minds, could 'that' become a real way of life. Also, one must take into account the NWO and in utilizing the words of Henry Kissinger, 'the nwo, means different things to different people'. And for a lot of people, that scares them, interesting enough.

The movie, 'The Last Kingdom' depicts the era (early 500's ad) of the founding of England; where as (wars fought) control is the ultimate goal ... which continues (evolution takes time) on today.
Quote:
That the US was established on an idea, rather than on millennia of tribes migrating, fighting and settling, is further reason, to regard it today as a guesthouse/coffeehouse to the world, rather than as proper nation.
The door (freedom of movement) swings both ways, until the day come that it doesn't.

Old Today, 10:32 AM

1,023 posts, read 1,156,278 times
A whooping 94% of those who answered the poll want the border secured. 61% want all the illegals deported. Message is loud and clear.

Last edited by rkcarguy; Today at 11:48 AM..

Old Today, 11:30 AM

650 posts, read 165,696 times
Simply enforce existing law. Going number 2 is idiotic. So if they keep sneaking into the country we continue giving them a path to citizenship? When and how would it ever end?

Old Today, 12:07 PM
Status: "Trump Derangement Syndrome is sad, pathetic, ugly, and real!" (set 9 days ago)

1,588 posts, read 312,932 times
Over 93% of us agree so far!!!

That is amazing in this joint!!!

Just 1 LARP so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies