U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 09:27 AM

31,043 posts, read 31,971,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Evidence that AGW has increased global temperatures 8/10th of a degree C....in 140 years....

...that's 0.0057 degrees a year > https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/
True, but the warming is still rapid compared to past warming events.... It won't affect me, but it will affect my grand kids and great grand kids. That is why I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 09:48 AM

3,295 posts, read 945,781 times
...they won't even notice 2/10th of a degree

0.0057 X 50 years = 0.28 2/10th degree

0.0057 X 100 years = 0.57 5/10th degree

Old 08-17-2019, 09:53 AM

5,518 posts, read 1,137,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Congratulations. You figued it out all by yourself! Well, you and that link. I trust scientists on this. I was never that good in Science anyway. I don't believe the world is ending in 20 years, but I am also not silly enough to think that humans have had no adverse effect on the earth either.
Everything that humans use on the earth comes from the earth.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:46 PM

1,671 posts, read 439,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Course module"? What the hell is that? I have real degrees and have taken real classes, unlike essentially 100% of you warmers.

"internet doctor"? I find it amusing that the left attacks me personally instead of addressing the issue. Most leftists are failures in life, such that it is unbelievable that others have succeeded. Not only am I a physician, but so is one of my brothers, my sister, my sister in law, and brother in law. My daughter is a third year med student at a very good school and will be a doc soon.

PV = nRT Here it is, as none of you have ever taken a college level physics class:

PV=nRT

This is an irrefutable fact of physics that cannot be denied. With an increase in temp, there should he an accompanying increase in pressure and or volume. The "size" of the atmosphere has not changed and thus pressure should have increased, but it has not.

Are you fools ignorant enough to not understand this simple fact? You cling to an unsubstantiated hoax, yet dismiss a law of physics that has been know for over a hundred years?

Have the laws of physics been suspended in liberal land now, and only hoaxes prevail?
No one is denying Boyle’s Law exists. However, your flawed application of it that you gleaned from a few links on the Internet certainly can be denied. Atmospheric pressure is the weight of a 1 sq cm column of air at sea level. Boyle’s law is not relevant when discussing atmospheric pressure for meteorological purposes. The atmosphere does not increase pressure uniformly and is not contained in a “bottle”. Heat is transferred around the earth by atmospheric convection and with it comes corresponding changes in pressure. It’s what we call “weather”.

I got these measurements at the same time this afternoon from two airport METARs. By your theory, the pressure in Anchorage should be lower with a temp of 18C, than the pressure in Cedar Rapids with a temp of 26C. But it’s not. The sea level pressure in Anchorage is 1022.1 and the sea level pressure in Cedar Rapids is 1011.4.

If the earth did not rotate, had no mass, was not heated by the sun, and our atmosphere was contained in a impervious container, you might have a point “Doc”, but, because of the aforementioned, you don’t.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:57 PM

5,339 posts, read 4,085,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
True, but the warming is still rapid compared to past warming events.... It won't affect me, but it will affect my grand kids and great grand kids. That is why I'm concerned.
How do we know? Until the middle of the 1900s, we really haven't been able to have a good temperature record due to the lack of reliable, accurate technology. Ice core data can't get you the year-to-year measurements we have now, and is a very indirect method, and really doesn't sample the actual temperature.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:38 PM

4,614 posts, read 2,716,987 times
Ideal gas law is a simplification of the flow equation for a fluid and only works when the temporal and spatial changes are negligible. The atmosphere has large spatial gradients in altitude so does not qualify over those distances as an ideal gas. Over small regions, yes. But thanks for trying.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:49 PM

6,988 posts, read 3,473,369 times
Quote:
The AGW "evidence" has been suspect due to manipulation of temperature measurements over the last century. Inconvenient temperature measurement which refute the idea of AGW have been discarded or changed in order to fit the AGW hypothesis.

However............................. they forgot to do something.

The gas equation PV= nRT shows that with increase temperature, there is an expected increase in pressure. One sees the converse of this at higher altitudes in which lower temperatures occur the higher one goes. Higher temps should result in higher pressures, but the opposite was observed and this was a long term trend over 100 years.

The AGW crowd forgot to change the barometric pressure measurements as well.

https://rmets.onlinelibrary.wiley.co....1002/joc.3546

Measurements of pressure over the arctic from the late 1800s to the present actually show a decline in average barometric pressure. Of course, the opposite would be observed if temps were actually increasing.

Looks like a mistake on the part of the warmers; look for them to go back and try to change the barometric pressure data as well to cover their tracks!
Why haven't the ExxonMobil's of the world, whose existence in the future depends on fossil fuels still being widely used, put their trillions of dollars of revenue behind countering these fake studies you've managed to crack?

You point to corrupt scientist working for the govt and universities so they line their pockets. So is the fossil fuel industry so broke they can't afford to pay scientist competitive wages to tell the truth?

Old 08-18-2019, 06:33 AM

19,824 posts, read 12,461,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Why haven't the ExxonMobil's of the world, whose existence in the future depends on fossil fuels still being widely used, put their trillions of dollars of revenue behind countering these fake studies you've managed to crack?

You point to corrupt scientist working for the govt and universities so they line their pockets. So is the fossil fuel industry so broke they can't afford to pay scientist competitive wages to tell the truth?

Maybe they will now.

It is a curious fact that you, as liberals, cannot deny.

If temperatures were really increasing (they aren't) then we should see an increase in mean barometric pressure. But we see the OPPOSITE.

Physics of the universe has not been suspended people- it is a simple mathematical equation that one can clearly see.

The very funny thing is that liberals will deny and debate this, as they are so wed to their cult that they will deny a simple mathematical reality.

Do you think that Boyle's Law is wrong and that basic physics needs to be changed to suit the AGW model?

Old 08-18-2019, 07:27 AM

7,033 posts, read 6,316,510 times
Quote:

If temperatures were really increasing (they aren't) then we should see an increase in mean barometric pressure. But we see the OPPOSITE.

So apparently we need to file this one in the Deniers category of "Global Warming is fake because temperatures are not increasing at all" as opposed to the category of "Temperatures are rising but it's a natural phenomenon and has happened a gazillion times in the past".

Duly noted.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:03 AM

24,766 posts, read 12,207,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So apparently we need to file this one in the Deniers category of "Global Warming is fake because temperatures are not increasing at all" as opposed to the category of "Temperatures are rising but it's a natural phenomenon and has happened a gazillion times in the past".

Duly noted.
At last, someone who gets it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or