U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

9,862 posts, read 4,453,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
LOL, you must have a short memory.
Sure, I take polls with a grain of salt. But even allowing for a large margin of error it looks like Trump is just not very well liked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
Status: "Proud American, Always and Forever" (set 12 days ago)

12,394 posts, read 6,476,995 times
1) Record low unemployment rate for blacks and Latinos (and for the country overall)

2) Criminal Justice Reform signed into law

3) Repeal of the individual mandate

4) Record stock markets

5) Cut our taxes, to include the taxes of the overwhelming majority of Americans

6) Securing our borders one mile at a time with a new border wall

7) Appointing constitutionalists to the Supreme Court and federal bench

8) Taking the fight to China over their ridiculous economic policies and intellectual theft

9) Renegotiating terrible trade deals signed into law by Bill Clinton

10) Withdrew the nation from the TPP

11) Cutting red tape and regulations to fuel a surging economy

Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM

9,231 posts, read 2,821,312 times
Quote:
And yet, democrat still can't come up with a better candidate.
Actually, all of them are better candidates. Just about anyone is a better candidate than Trump.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

734 posts, read 385,880 times
Quote:
And yet, democrat still can't come up with a better candidate.
I don't think "vote for me because the other guy/girl is worse" is a great message.

Quote:
If trump is such a stupid, inept, corrupt, racist, terrible president, why is he still more palatable than any candidate than democrats can come up with? Do they ever stop to ask themselves this question?
The polls show that voters disagree with your assessment here. My own view is that on issues, Trump isn't any better than most of these Democrats. Biden is better because at least he supports free trade and voted to reform an entitlement program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Wow you're a great political strategist tossing out a bunch of links
If I didn't, then someone would criticize me for not providing sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
1) Record low unemployment rate for blacks and Latinos (and for the country overall)

2) Criminal Justice Reform signed into law

3) Repeal of the individual mandate

4) Record stock markets

5) Cut our taxes, to include the taxes of the overwhelming majority of Americans

6) Securing our borders one mile at a time with a new border wall

7) Appointing constitutionalists to the Supreme Court and federal bench

8) Taking the fight to China over their ridiculous economic policies and intellectual theft

9) Renegotiating terrible trade deals signed into law by Bill Clinton

10) Withdrew the nation from the TPP

11) Cutting red tape and regulations to fuel a surging economy

1) People are having to work multiple jobs to make ends meet, the unemployment rate doesn't necessarily point to a healthy economy. Small businesses, which have created 62% of the jobs in this recovery, have actually reduced jobs two of the past three months.

2) I agree with you on this point.

3) By repealing the individual mandate without repealing the employer mandate, Trump accelerated the increase in the cost of health insurance.

4) By keeping interest rates artificially low, the Federal Reserve has encouraged corporations to sell bonds and buy back stock instead of investing in workforce development and productivity. The growth in the stock market, which by the way began under Obama, is a bubble. It has nothing to do with Trump other than he nominated Jerome Powell to the Fed to continue the policies of Janet Yellen, Ben Bernake, and Alan Greenspan.

5) I support big tax cuts, in fact I'd like to repeal the income tax and replace it with a national sales tax. Trump's tax plan had some positive aspects to it, but I don't believe the individual income tax cuts were big enough to really help middle and lower income Americans as well as small businesses.

6) Fewer people have been crossing over the U.S. Mexican border for years, it has nothing to do with Trump.

7) I also agree with you on this point.

8) Trump has accomplished nothing in negotiations with China, other than raising consumer prices and forcing a manufacturing recession, farmers to struggle, and foreign investment in U.S. real estate to decline.

9) Do you mean the trade deal that supports 14 million American jobs?

10) I am against TPP because I think Congress should vote on trade agreements, but I am for free trade.

11) Yes, he did cut some regulations. But not enough and not two big ones, the employer mandate and Dodd-Frank. Again, this economy is stagnant. This is the slowest expansion in recent history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or