U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whose fault is it?
All Trump 28 32.94%
Mostly Trump 9 10.59%
Both Trump and Obama 3 3.53%
Mostly Obama 4 4.71%
All Obama 3 3.53%
Neither, they happen 31 36.47%
Fake news! Bull market forever! 7 8.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM

2,419 posts, read 657,098 times

Advertisements

Newsflash.....a recession is only a maybe and it might be a year or two if it even happens.....only speculation

Hong Kong is the wild card....Beijeng getting ready to come down hard.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM

2,153 posts, read 1,299,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
We are overdue for a recession. They are a natural part of a healthy economic system and cycle and to be expected, from time to time. Trump will take some heat for this one, but it doesn't mean it will be his fault. I won't blame him, but I will be disgusted watching all the lefties laughing at people enduring hardship, if things get bad.
What makes you think those of us on the left would be laughing? I've gone through unemployment/underemployment due to recessions, and it took years before I was on stable financial footing again. A recession is among one of my worst nightmares, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM

9,242 posts, read 2,825,309 times
1. I don't think presidents have much control over the economy.
2. Most people - including most presidents, particularly Trump himself - do believe the president has lots of control over the economy.
3. Therefore, I like to hold the people in #2 to their own standard. If they believe presidents have lots of control over the economy, then I will hold them accountable for it, whether it turns out they want to be held accountable, or not.

Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

17,938 posts, read 11,373,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Economic-cycles, ups and downs, are normal...........did people forget this????

Trump is POTUS, he will get the blame, this is normal also.

Yeah, but his cult sure does love to brag about how Trump, and only Trump, was responsible for the good economy we have been enjoying for years now. They can't have it both ways.

I've been waiting for this downturn so I could ask the question "So, what were you Trumpees saying about how great Trump is for the economy ?"

Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM

12,722 posts, read 14,106,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
What makes you think those of us on the left would be laughing? I've gone through unemployment/underemployment due to recessions, and it took years before I was on stable financial footing again. A recession is among one of my worst nightmares, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

And there will be many more recessions to come. Things don't just go up forever. We have to adapt and roll with the punches, like always.

Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM

1,921 posts, read 486,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
We are overdue for a recession. They are a natural part of a healthy economic system and cycle and to be expected, from time to time. Trump will take some heat for this one, but it doesn't mean it will be his fault. I won't blame him, but I will be disgusted watching all the lefties laughing at people enduring hardship, if things get bad.
What have Republicans done for people facing hardship?

Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,282,422 times
In a free market there is very little control of the economy, it kind of has a life of it's own. That being said I think the president can enact policies that can either smooth out or exaggerate these periods of growth and decline. So for instance if this recession ends up being pretty average then I would say Trump had very little to do with it, but if ends up being a very bad one, then Trump's recent policies such as the China trade war probably played a sizable role in worsening the inevitable recession. That being said their are many other people who sway influence over the economy, not just the president of the US.

Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM

30,125 posts, read 16,632,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
In a free market there is very little control of the economy, it kind of has a life of it's own. That being said I think the president can enact policies that can either smooth out or exaggerate these periods of growth and decline. So for instance if this recession ends up being pretty average then I would say Trump had very little to do with it, but if ends up being a very bad one, then Trump's recent policies such as the China trade war probably played a sizable role in worsening the inevitable recession. That being said their are many other people who sway influence over the economy, not just the president of the US.
Where is there a free market with real money?

Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM

8,470 posts, read 2,511,175 times
Why do these polls never include the right answer as an option?

Trump had ZERO to do with it, but it certainly wasn't all Obama. Bush and Clinton (and especially Bush) also supported insane policies that caused the 2008 recession.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM

241 posts, read 27,457 times
Why do Democrats seem to salivate at the thought of a recession? Is it just to hurt Trump's chances at re-election? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or