U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whose fault is it?
All Trump 34 30.09%
Mostly Trump 10 8.85%
Both Trump and Obama 4 3.54%
Mostly Obama 4 3.54%
All Obama 4 3.54%
Neither, they happen 45 39.82%
Fake news! Bull market forever! 12 10.62%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM

72,422 posts, read 84,215,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Where do you stand?
Recessions come and go: We still have a very good economy and the unemployment rate is still at an unbelievable low figure. This past month our unemployment rate went down again in our state. There are help wanted signs everywhere, especially for min wage type of jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM

72,422 posts, read 84,215,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, Trump is our president and therefore takes all the heat. But of course he never takes responsibility for anything negative, he just blames it on someone else. You should direct your disgust towards Trump and his trade wars for this possible recession
Would you give him credit for how strong the economy has been the last few years. Reading you past posts, I doubt it!!!!!Who did you blame for the economy when Obama was in office?

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

2,907 posts, read 1,437,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Would you give him credit for how strong the economy has been the last few years. Reading you past posts, I doubt it!!!!!Who did you blame for the economy when Obama was in office?
I asked the same thing...doubt weíll ever get an answer.

Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM

3,100 posts, read 957,791 times
OP you or anyone else has no idea when a recession will occur. The economy is good right now, thatís all we know for sure.

Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

3,100 posts, read 957,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Who else is to blame? Trump is the only idiot who wants these tariffs.
You aren’t aware of politics are you? Schumer (minority leader in the senate) wants more tariffs and an even stronger stance against China. Carry on being clueless

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...iffs?_amp=true

Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM

19,712 posts, read 17,911,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Sorry but the economy didn't just get strong as soon as Trump took office as many Trump supporters seem to believe. Despite the do nothing Republican congress who did their best to go against everything he did during Obamas last few years, the economy was getting more and more robust. Trump should be thanking Obama for handing him such a good and growing economy. But since Trump wants to claim it all by himself, then he should accept fault when we go into a recession.

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM

19,712 posts, read 17,911,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
You arenít aware of politics are you? Schumer (minority leader in the senate) wants more tariffs and an even stronger stance against China. Carry on being clueless

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...iffs?_amp=true
Schumer isn't President, Trump is. The stock market is doing poorly all because of Trump's tariff war.

Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM

11,753 posts, read 2,912,890 times
I've lived through many recessions. I've often done better financially during a recession and been unemployed in a good economy. It depended on what I was doing at that time in my life.

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

8,899 posts, read 10,949,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I've lived through many recessions. I've often done better financially during a recession and been unemployed in a good economy. It depended on what I was doing at that time in my life.
I agree. How a recession affects you personally is individual. For one it might be bad and for another not bad at all.

Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM

35,511 posts, read 19,498,002 times
Lightbulb Do you blame Trump for the coming recession?

Works like this...

IF you spend two and a half years loudly taking credit for the economy when it's expanding,

THEN the recession that follows from your trade wars and stupid tax policy coupled to artificially low interest rates is your baby.

Suck it up, buttercup.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or