U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whose fault is it?
All Trump 38 29.92%
Mostly Trump 12 9.45%
Both Trump and Obama 5 3.94%
Mostly Obama 5 3.94%
All Obama 5 3.94%
Neither, they happen 48 37.80%
Fake news! Bull market forever! 14 11.02%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

4,171 posts, read 6,457,238 times

Advertisements

The first two years of Trump's occupation is credited to the efforts of Obama and his administration. We are now in the final two years of Trump's occupation and you can see the economy crumbling with wild fluctuations on Wall St to American farmers going belly up. The national debt is soaring under Trump. We are on recessions doorstep and can only hope that Trump doesn't take us into a full depression or war.

Voters turned over the financial well being of America to a man who lost more money than any other person. Trump has failed at every business he has been involved with. The only way he has made any money is by cheating, not paying his debts, and filing bankruptcy. This would be he same as having the drunkest person at the party drive you home.
If you still believe in Trump as a smart businessman then I have a nice bridge for sale, that is, if it doesn't fall down before it is sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM

279 posts, read 34,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
THEN the recession that follows from your trade wars and stupid tax policy coupled to artificially low interest rates is your baby.

Artificially low interest rates was under Operation twist(the previous administration..not Trumps), not now... but a good deflection attempt. Gold hit its high then and the US Dollar was at one of its weakest points in history.

Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM

27,616 posts, read 15,969,353 times
I'm in between they happen naturally and Trump with some blame to Obama. Obama is blamed since he urged the FED to continue quantitative easing so the economy recovered slower, postponing a natural recession that should have happened by now. Trump I blame for his foreign economic policy that is causing issues with American producers. That said the recession is natural. The effects though could be a President's fault and I would say it is 75% Trump, 25% Obama. I'd say 50% natural, 37.5% Trump, 12.5% Obama.

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

23,741 posts, read 12,527,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Where do you stand?
I don't -- I think it is inevitable after the longest stretch of recovery -- 10 years...BUT how deep it goes will depend on how he copes with it.

He did back down from the September tariffs and I do think that was wise.

But that's like giving credit to the arson who sets fire to a house and then puts it out with a hose....lol.

OH and I don't object to economic stimulus options but am concerned that lowering interest rates may not just encourage business debt/investment but that consumers will dive further into debt. As we saw the last recession -- eventually that could be problematic.

Even with a good economy the debt load in the USA is not getting any better. Middle class is still scrambling to keep up.......

Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM

9,362 posts, read 4,259,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm in between they happen naturally and Trump with some blame to Obama. Obama is blamed since he urged the FED to continue quantitative easing so the economy recovered slower, postponing a natural recession that should have happened by now. Trump I blame for his foreign economic policy that is causing issues with American producers. That said the recession is natural. The effects though could be a President's fault and I would say it is 75% Trump, 25% Obama. I'd say 50% natural, 37.5% Trump, 12.5% Obama.
I'd say overall QE was worth it to get us to the real boom that began in late 2016 going into 2017. If Trump would have kept the Obama status quo on the economy, it would still be full steam ahead instead of recession. I think without the tariffs and without the tax cuts, this economy would still have a few years left of momentum before a possible recession. Trump basically has caused it to happen now instead of in 2-3 years. If not for QE, you are right that the recession would have come much sooner. However, we wouldn't have had this period of near full employment that we've enjoyed over the past few years.

Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM

1,178 posts, read 253,590 times
Recessions happen; about all a President can do is soften the fall... or make it deeper. Obama mostly softened the fall he inherited from Bush/Cheney; Trump has delayed the onset of the next recession for a couple of years, but is also likely to deepen it when it comes.

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

23,741 posts, read 12,527,181 times
AND...one more thing.

whether or not it is his fault...if there is one in November of 2020 it will work against Trump.

He lost the House in a good economy.

Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM

9,362 posts, read 4,259,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
AND...one more thing.

whether or not it is his fault...if there is one in November of 2020 it will work against Trump.

He lost the House in a good economy.
Especially since it's pretty much the only thing he had to hang his hat on. Every other aspect of his administration has been a total failure. The only thing he's been good at, and which is why his base loves him so much, is rolling back social progress and giving a loud voice to bigotry.

Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM

55,930 posts, read 74,969,676 times
I am astound by the blame in this country directed at the Oval Office
One would think congress did not exist

Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM

3,449 posts, read 2,370,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469
Sorry, Trump is our president and therefore takes all the heat. But of course he never takes responsibility for anything negative, he just blames it on someone else. You should direct your disgust towards Trump and his trade wars for this possible recession

Nothing is ever his fault. Some one else caused it. Thats Narcissism 101. Did they teach that at Trump University. One of his business bankruptcies, he actually blamed the bank for loaning HIM the money, and used that against the bank. Smart business or corrupt, you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or