U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM

23,559 posts, read 11,670,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
So why do I have any knowledge on this subject? My wife is a retired licensed clinical social worker and her specialty was children, specifically in getting very young children to open up and describe events through play therapy, also because my baby brother, whom I love dearly, is gay.
Do you actually love him, or does your religious state that you have to love him under the "hate the sin, not the sinner" argument.

Because your post make it pretty clear how you feel about gay people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM

1,558 posts, read 1,848,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, be gay!

Who gives a **** what you do as long as you don't try to force people to accept it as normal and natural.
Unfortunately, there are still a lot of people (mostly religious conservatives) who do give a **** what he does, regardless of whether he tries to force acceptance of it on others or not. That's why younger people today eschew gender stereotyping and embrace sexual fluidity. I know it don't make the MAGA crowd very happy, but the times they are a changin'.

Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
There's a time I considered joining the Catholic church because conversion therapy didn't work so my only option at the time was being forced to remain celibate for life. I was attracted to the Catholic church's slightly less fire and brimstone approach to homosexuality while still maintaining belief that it was sinful. However a few years later I ended up losing my faith entirely.

I don't think it's just the Catholic church that's affected by this though. I still struggle with saying the words "I'm gay."
Good for you that you escaped the insanity of conversion therapy. I'd seek out an accepting community, find yourself, worry less about what insane people think about you.

Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM

23,559 posts, read 11,670,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Homosexuality was written in as a mental disorder in the very first DSM. There was no previous manual on social or mental disorders before the 1st edition DSM. As far as treatment not being successful goes as a basis to remove homosexuality as a disorder, the same can be said of psychopaths and sociopaths, there is no known successful treatment for them so should they be removed as a mental disorder in the DSM?

A mental disorder does not have to be of such a magnitude that it causes harm to another. The DSM lists plenty of social driven mental disorders that harm no one but can cause grave conflict in the person who has the disorder. It doesn't change the fact that it is still a mental disorder.

Psychology is still very much in its infancy and is more of an art than a science. I am of the opinion that there is far more that is unknown than is known. What is known however is the political pressure to normalize homosexuality, transgender and now even pedophilia disorders.
But nothing you stated actually makes homosexuality a mental disorder and there in lies the problem with your entire argument.

The only justification for including homosexuality was because it was considered abnormal by(you guessed it) socially correct standards. No different than people born left handed,who at one point, were also considered abnormal and forced to write with the other hand.

Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

46,372 posts, read 18,342,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Unfortunately, there are still a lot of people (mostly religious conservatives) who do give a **** what he does, regardless of whether he tries to force acceptance of it on others or not. That's why younger people today eschew gender stereotyping and embrace sexual fluidity. I know it don't make the MAGA crowd very happy, but the times they are a changin'.
The MAGA crowd loves Gays.

Trump says he’s ‘absolutely fine’ with Buttigieg’s gay marriage

It's NOT the MAGA crowd calling out large segments of the United States like the Democrats.

Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The MAGA crowd loves Gays.

Trump says he’s ‘absolutely fine’ with Buttigieg’s gay marriage

It's NOT the MAGA crowd calling out large segments of the United States like the Democrats.
Actions speak louder than words on this one, and Trump has been pretty quiet on the subject. But I will credit him with seeing the writing on the wall. Its a social movement that is no longer considered fringe or leftist. Kind of like weed.

Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM

9,362 posts, read 4,259,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Actions speak louder than words on this one, and Trump has been pretty quiet on the subject. But I will credit him with seeing the writing on the wall. Its a social movement that is no longer considered fringe or leftist. Kind of like weed.
Yet, the same people are kicking and screaming against societal change on that one as well. Somehow they think making people into career felons for a plant is "doing God's work."

If Hillary would have won, it's almost guaranteed it would be legal federally by now.

Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM

4,884 posts, read 1,284,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
I've been studying serial killers for as long as I can remember

having a career in public safety makes you think about the Criminal Mind more often than the average citizen and even though I've never worked on anything of that kind of magnitude serial killers are highly misunderstood in my opinion

Jeffrey Dahmer and John Gacy are great examples of gay shaming gone awry

a lot of people and The Killers themselves make excuses for their behavior but in my opinion it is a simple case of gay shame

In a society that shames homosexual males to such a degree one can expect a select few to choose to murder their Witnesses

it is a horrible and terrible reaction to such impulses but these men would rather be Killers than found out to be willing homosexuals

I think these people should suffer for their crimes just like any common killer however Society plays a major part in the responsibility for creating these monsters

No matter how you feel about homosexuality we can all agree that it is just now becoming tolerated in our society...

I firmly believe that if homosexual Behavior among males was considered Perfectly Natural normal and healthy these men would have never killed their Witnesses and only participated in "deviant" types of behaviors in the gay subcultures

I used to work in a field that had a lot of homosexuals and I had a chance to get to know them very well although I am "hopelessly" straight I would go to bars with them and get to know their lifestyle

Frankly if you take your woman to a gay bar you might have the time of your life as those are some of the most entertaining places to pass the evening

It's just a terrible shame that we push these individuals into such horrible Behavior because of simple gay shaming

https://youtu.be/BLsfq1q1Ux0

https://youtu.be/C8yCANp81qo
Stop. Blaming others for the acts of horrific individuals is pathetic justification. Her dress was too short argument.

Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM

30,208 posts, read 15,702,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Your post is based on gay stereotypes! Majority of gays are out of the closet and are proud productive citizens.
It's slowly becoming the case with trans people. They are hiding in the shadows less and less, and people are slowly getting over their phobias and stereotyping.

I have no issue with gay and trans people, and eventually it will become "meh".

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

660 posts, read 375,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Stop. Blaming others for the acts of horrific individuals is pathetic justification. Her dress was too short argument.
Gay shame creates serial killers plan and simple

I don't blame the prostitutes the Green River Killer took either but their actions put them at a higher category of risk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or