U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 01:48 PM

30,239 posts, read 15,711,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, be gay!

Who gives a **** what you do as long as you don't try to force people to accept it as normal and natural.
Being gay is natural for those born gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 02:33 PM

662 posts, read 376,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Being gay is natural for those born gay.
Whenever someone says
"someone chose to be gay"

I asked them when they chose to be straight...

Further ask them when they discovered that their sexual attraction to males was "unnatural"

Was it when they were 10 11 12 15?

You can literally see their head exploding

Old 08-17-2019, 02:51 PM

22,976 posts, read 17,015,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
yeah, I am hyper aware of Dahmer's entire compendium of study...

He actually didn't want to kill his victims

he wanted a compliant subject

He killed them when he sobered up and realized that his actions were going to have consequences

The vast majority of sex criminals only kill their victims because they want to get away with the crime.

Very few actually enjoy the Act of Killing

Some do but they are exceedingly rare

It's a classic case of the cover-up being worse than the crime
Re: bolded

That is what appears to be the consensus of those who have psychologically studied him. He hated when people wanted to leave, it felt like abandonment to him, and it set him off. And to prevent them from fully leaving, he kept parts of their bodies - usually the skull. In some cases, he ate parts of them. That's what I was talking about earlier.

In the case of Jefferey Dahmer, I don't think it had a thing to do with "gay shaming". Dude was fricken messed up from the get go.

I'm not saying that in some cases, some sort of ultimate shaming doesn't cause people to go off the rails, but I'm also of the school of thought that people who could be set off by things - shaming, bullying, politics, etc, are already unstable. The shaming may be one of the straws that broke that proverbial camel's back, but I don't think that you can say someone was normal until they were shamed, and then suddenly: Serial Killer!

Unstable people are not always obvious - but most people don't pay attention to others. Most people are too wrapped up in their own little worlds.

Quote:
Gay shame creates serial killers plan and simple

I don't blame the prostitutes the Green River Killer took either but their actions put them at a higher category of risk
Please provide all of the long term studies that have been peer reviewed that conclude "gay shame creates serial killers, plan (sic) and simple".

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 08-17-2019 at 03:01 PM..

Old 08-17-2019, 02:58 PM

22,976 posts, read 17,015,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
There's a time I considered joining the Catholic church because conversion therapy didn't work so my only option at the time was being forced to remain celibate for life. I was attracted to the Catholic church's slightly less fire and brimstone approach to homosexuality while still maintaining belief that it was sinful. However a few years later I ended up losing my faith entirely.

I don't think it's just the Catholic church that's affected by this though. I still struggle with saying the words "I'm gay."
Do what you want. Say who you are. Live your life. If people can't accept it, leave that problem at their feet because it's their problem.

Likewise, if you have lost your faith, then move on. Non stop bashing of the churches is only hurting you. It's your problem, and you continue to let it eat at you. You don't care for the church anymore, then stop caring what the people at church say or think. You don't go there, so who cares what they think.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:14 PM

3,338 posts, read 1,338,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Do you actually love him, or does your religious state that you have to love him under the "hate the sin, not the sinner" argument.

Because your post make it pretty clear how you feel about gay people.

Why would you question what I stated? The OP had a theory that gay shaming is what caused some people to become serial killers and that this was somehow basic psychology. I believe that a mental disorder is more likely the cause and I also believe homosexuality is a mental disorder but due to political correctness, homosexuality has been normalized by psychology. If my wife had some form of mental disorder would it automatically mean I don't love her, that some religion you attributed to me suggests I should love the sinner but not the sin so the only reason I would still love my wife is because a religion you associated with me told me to?

Old 08-17-2019, 04:23 PM

4,884 posts, read 1,286,215 times
Quote:
Gay shame creates serial killers plan and simple

I don't blame the prostitutes the Green River Killer took either but their actions put them at a higher category of risk
Please show me credible study findings of this.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:32 PM

People can all of a sudden decide they don't like frogs being called frogs so they want to change the name of frogs to unicorns. I don't care if they jump up and down demanding everyone accept their new "normal" and if anyone disagrees with them, they'll call them haters. Just don't expect, no demand other people accept their new "normal" just because they want it to be that way, and don't expect rational people to not believe they are mentally disturbed when they have their tantrums demanding others accept "their" normal as normal.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:42 PM

I personally don't care who sleeps with who or if men want to call themselves women and women want to identify as turtles or whatever the heck they want. All that matters to me is when these mentally disturbed individuals demand others accept and participate in their mental disorders they need to understand they have no right to demand another person accept their demands as normal... just because they want it.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:02 PM

23,567 posts, read 11,673,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Why would you question what I stated? The OP had a theory that gay shaming is what caused some people to become serial killers and that this was somehow basic psychology. I believe that a mental disorder is more likely the cause and I also believe homosexuality is a mental disorder but due to political correctness, homosexuality has been normalized by psychology. If my wife had some form of mental disorder would it automatically mean I don't love her, that some religion you attributed to me suggests I should love the sinner but not the sin so the only reason I would still love my wife is because a religion you associated with me told me to?
Your entire argument is based on your own personal view that it is a mental disorder, rather than any scientific fact.

Your secondary point of political correctness falls into the same category, your personal opinion.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:05 PM

23,567 posts, read 11,673,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I personally don't care who sleeps with who or if men want to call themselves women and women want to identify as turtles or whatever the heck they want..
Someone who is intersex does not have a mental disorder, they have the physical characteristics of both genders, or predominantly one while genetically being the other. Not all trans people are intersex, but a large enough population is that it begs the question as to how you would categorize them.

Quote:
All that matters to me is when these mentally disturbed individuals demand others accept and participate in their mental disorders they need to understand they have no right to demand another person accept their demands as normal... just because they want it
How exactly are they demanding you do anything other than staying out of their lives ?????

Seems to me, you actually do care, you are just putting up an arbitrary line to seem tolerant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or